PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency

osos
04-27-2005, 04:07 PM
I’m really concern about the problems that we still<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Have with our Offensive Line. If you ask me right away, I will say that the OL. Is like this for the next season<o:p></o:p>

Teague - Anderson - tucker - V - Williams
<o:p></o:p>

This is a so so line, and obviously the problem is that we have JP Losman in his first year as a pro. He needs time to get rid of the ball, because he has to get use to system. We need signed some one in free Agency right away..<o:p></o:p>

Does anybody knows wich are the best available for us in FA??? In Offence<o:p></o:p>

And also, wich are going to be the cuts in 1 of July???<o:p></o:p>

I think this is the only way we are going to have a better line and obviously a better team for everybody. If not, we are going to be probably a 6-10 team.

Italian Stallion
04-27-2005, 04:21 PM
The guy i like the most is Chris Terry that got cut from Seattle, but he's supposedly a bad character guy...Victor Riley from the Saints is also availiable, and I'm assuming the Rams will cut loose Kyle Turley.

Other than that, theres noone else in terms of starting capable tackles...I thin kthe o line looks like this for sept 11th against Houston

Gandy Anderson Teague Villiarieal Williams

Gandy will tap into his potential with McNally, and Preston will almost beat out Teague for his job, but with Trey being a free agent next offseason Preston will be groomed to take over

osos
04-27-2005, 04:37 PM
The problem is if we have the money to sign one of those guys....

I mean, i really like TT, but this off season i really donīt understand the things he is doing. He is probably making the things that N England did. And thatīs ok but he canīt still playing with the OL, is way to much important for this team.

Wich is the status of the money right now???, how much can TT spend, are we that bad???, not to sign anybody really good, to make an impact right away.

Have you heard something about the others posible FAīs for us....
I think this is the only way we are going to improve in both sides of the ball. Actually i really think that we are really good team, but we have a very issue en the OL right now.

Dicknoze69
04-27-2005, 04:42 PM
I assume you mean TD. We have plenty of money if we wish to sign someone. We just have to restructure someone or convert an incentive to a bonus. But there's no sense in doing this unless there is someone we wish to sign.

I think we'll see a mix of Teague, Gandy and Peters at LT. I'm betting it'll be one of the last two guys.

All of us (fans) see Oline as an obvious weakness, yet the front office did little about it. This leads me to believe that they don't see it as big a concern as we do. You don't need to pay big money to have a good line.

The_Philster
04-27-2005, 05:38 PM
July 1? :huh: When did it get moved back a month?

finsrclowns
04-27-2005, 05:48 PM
Yeah, the June 1st cuts should do the trick. Maybe the Rams will release Pace or the Ravens release Ogden. :drool2:

Mr. Cynical
04-27-2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah, the June 1st cuts should do the trick. Maybe the Rams will release Pace or the Ravens release Ogden. :drool2:
If we weren't paying fatboy $9M we could've afforded to go after Pace. :mad:

buffaloted90
04-27-2005, 06:33 PM
yea not too happy about MW contract ,thats the reason you dont draft lineman real high

Mr. Cynical
04-27-2005, 06:42 PM
yea not too happy about MW contract ,thats the reason you dont draft lineman real high
Well, you don't draft an RT that high when your QB is a righty....that's for sure.

Dozerdog
04-27-2005, 06:55 PM
LOL...everyone is an expert 4 seasons later.

In 2001, we were salary capped, had a horrible OL, and were about to loose Jerry Ostroski and John Fina, with Ruben not to far behind.

The team had no QB, and needed OL badly! People complain about this line we have now but the 2001 line made these guys look like the Electric Company.

When the only QBs worth anything in the draft were off the board, it wasn't a question of "should we pick OL" but which OL guy we were going to snatch up.

Now it's " I wouldn't have done that"...LOL

It doesn't matter who you pick at #4 either- you are going to shell out around $30 million for them.

VegasDave
04-27-2005, 07:57 PM
EVERYONE who doesnt think the oline will be better than last year is touching themselves!!! Got the coaching staff in place...2nd year now, proven olinemen( draft picks not bad either),quick recievers,losman's mobility = better oline.Cant emphasize the coaching staff enough! enough negativity on the oline already....TD will bring in 1 more FA lineman yet just to keep joe public happy.

BILLIEVE.............................

The_Philster
04-27-2005, 08:19 PM
EVERYONE who doesnt think the oline will be better than last year is touching themselves!!! Got the coaching staff in place...2nd year now, proven olinemen( draft picks not bad either),quick recievers,losman's mobility = better oline.Cant emphasize the coaching staff enough! enough negativity on the oline already....TD will bring in 1 more FA lineman yet just to keep joe public happy.

I don't see how touching one's self has anything to do with the fact we lost our LT and haven't decided on a suitable replacement

ShadowHawk7
04-27-2005, 09:07 PM
LOL. Like the optimisim Vegas.

buffaloted90
04-27-2005, 09:41 PM
did not say i did not like mw i said his contract is alittle high,would have traded and got more picks,it is a TEAM game

chubluv
04-27-2005, 09:54 PM
I still say we should have drafted Roy Williams with that pick (#4 overall).

bills_phan
04-27-2005, 10:09 PM
I still say we should have drafted Roy Williams with that pick (#4 overall).
...because Roy Williams, a safety, is definately worth a 9 million dollar per year cap hit...right. Ronnie Lott in his prime is probably not worth the cap penalty, and neither is Big Mike. That's just how it goes when you pick that high - there's nothing to be done about it. Mike Williams is turning out to be a very good tackle. People ignore that because of the contract.

camelcowboy
04-27-2005, 10:18 PM
The guy i like the most is Chris Terry that got cut from Seattle, but he's supposedly a bad character guy...Victor Riley from the Saints is also availiable, and I'm assuming the Rams will cut loose Kyle Turley.

Other than that, theres noone else in terms of starting capable tackles...I thin kthe o line looks like this for sept 11th against Houston

Gandy Anderson Teague Villiarieal Williams

Gandy will tap into his potential with McNally, and Preston will almost beat out Teague for his job, but with Trey being a free agent next offseason Preston will be groomed to take over
Riley, and Terry would be great. Except proven players are not challenging enought for McNally, McNally has to much fun working with below average talent.

camelcowboy
04-27-2005, 10:25 PM

Try to reserve the touching myself for the Cheerleaders!!!!!!

:hump:

LifetimeBillsFan
04-28-2005, 01:33 AM
Riley, and Terry would be great. Except proven players are not challenging enought for McNally, McNally has to much fun working with below average talent.

Aren't Riley and Terry both RTs? Last time I looked, the Bills didn't have a pressing need for another RT.

At least Gandy and Teague have some experience playing on the left side and Peters has been working out there for close to a year.

BTW: When did Victor Riley's resume start to look that much better than Gandy's? At least Gandy has the excuse that he has been hurt....

Turley's the only one who would be worth a look IMHO--IF he has recovered from his injury (which some reports say he may not fully recover from)--but, if he's healthy, he would probably want a lot of money and have a lot of suitors.

camelcowboy
04-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Aren't Riley and Terry both RTs? Last time I looked, the Bills didn't have a pressing need for another RT.

At least Gandy and Teague have some experience playing on the left side and Peters has been working out there for close to a year.

BTW: When did Victor Riley's resume start to look that much better than Gandy's? At least Gandy has the excuse that he has been hurt....

Turley's the only one who would be worth a look IMHO--IF he has recovered from his injury (which some reports say he may not fully recover from)--but, if he's healthy, he would probably want a lot of money and have a lot of suitors.
Terry's best attibute is his passblocking. Even though he's on the right side, i think his skill set would transfer nicely.

Shasta McNasty
04-28-2005, 03:08 PM
LOL...everyone is an expert 4 seasons later.

In 2001, we were salary capped, had a horrible OL, and were about to loose Jerry Ostroski and John Fina, with Ruben not to far behind.

The team had no QB, and needed OL badly! People complain about this line we have now but the 2001 line made these guys look like the Electric Company.

When the only QBs worth anything in the draft were off the board, it wasn't a question of "should we pick OL" but which OL guy we were going to snatch up.

Now it's " I wouldn't have done that"...LOL

It doesn't matter who you pick at #4 either- you are going to shell out around $30 million for them.

:bf1: