• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Randy Moss avoided jail time and a minor drug charge

Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Randy Moss avoided jail time and a minor drug charge with a plea bargain Thursday, resolving accusations that he had bumped a traffic safety officer with his car.

The Minnesota star wrote a letter apologizing to his teammates, motorists, and fans -- nearly everyone except the officer he allegedly pushed with his Lexus in downtown Minneapolis on Sept. 24. He spent the night in jail.

figures
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • BTP
    • Nov 2002

I just want to know if I opened beer or have a doobie in my car. Can I tell the police it wasnt mine and get off scott free?

Comment

• Cntrygal
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BTP
      I just want to know if I opened beer or have a doobie in my car. Can I tell the police it wasnt mine and get off scott free?
      only if you're rich and famous... and if you are ... I'm mad that you haven't offered to fly us all out for the game!
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Vikings' receiver Moss sued by traffic officer

MINNEAPOLIS (April 16, 2003 3:53 p.m. EDT) - Randy Moss is being sued by the traffic officer who says the Minnesota Vikings' star bumped her with his car.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday seeks more than $50,000 for emotional distress, assault and negligence. The officer, Amy Zaccardi, also wants an apology.

Moss pleaded guilty to careless driving and obstructing traffic last December and was fined $1,200 and ordered to perform 40 hours of community service. He was arrested Sept. 24 in downtown Minneapolis and spent the night in jail, accused of using his car to bump Zaccardi, who was directing traffic.
        ...more
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• FischInMich
          Be very scared.
          • May 2003

Moss attorneys blame traffic agent for car hit

The attorneys for Minnesota Vikings star receiver Randy Moss said in court papers filed Tuesday that a Minneapolis traffic control agent could have avoided being knocked down by his car.

Filed in Hennepin County District Court, the response to a lawsuit filed against Moss last month said any injuries or damages suffered by Amy E. Zaccardi last Sept. 24 "were the direct result of [her] own negligence and not otherwise."

More.....

Comment

• marshall
            All-Pro Zoner
            • May 2003

I think this whole situation with moss is very very stupid

"The World is yours"

Comment

• Cntrygal
              • Jul 2002

Moss Wants Deposition Delayed in Lawsuit

Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss wants to delay his deposition until after the football season in a lawsuit by a traffic agent he pushed with his car.

Moss is scheduled to answer questions next Wednesday about last year's run-in with the agent during rush hour in downtown Minneapolis.

In court documents, his attorney argues the Vikings star shouldn't have to take a deposition during the midst of a demanding NFL season.

more...

He should NOT be granted a delay!!!!!

Comment

• snow1989
                • Sep 2003

reading this thread just confirms my own lowly opinion about a large majority of sports/athletes, the money and fame can get you off if you play your cards right and no-one will hold you responsible so long as you can help the team win....sorry, it disgusts me that the laws don't apply to all as they should *stepping off my soapbox*
                I've upped my standards...now up yours

Comment

• HotRod
                  Addicted to squares...
                  • Oct 2002

For less than half of what he's done, any one of us would have served jail time. I'm with you snow1989, this disgusts me.

Comment

Working...
                  X