Has anyone straight out asked MM what his plans are for the OL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

Has anyone straight out asked MM what his plans are for the OL?

Isn't there somewhere on the BILLS site to ask him ?'s
    Or maybe someone has, but they pass up the tough ?'s
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

No, but I've read a couple times where Donahoe has said Gandy will be the starting LT for now, but they will look at Teague as well as Peters.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

I'm not a psychic, but I'm guessing his answer would be "I think we have the tools to be successful next season. I'm very optimistic about our O-Line dominating next year"

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Until McNally takes a look at them in training camp, nobody knows who will really start and where. McNally makes that decision...

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

his plan is to take another team's backup and make him our starting LT (Gandy). We don't have a LG so he'll just play without one, and his plan for second stringers is to use players converted from other positions who have no O-line experience at the college or pro level. Seems to me like he has a recipe for success.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

or, to simplify my above post: Mularkey's plan is to give McNally a big steaming pile of **** and hope he can turn it into a 4 course meal between now and September.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              his plan is to take another team's backup and make him our starting LT (Gandy). We don't have a LG so he'll just play without one, and his plan for second stringers is to use players converted from other positions who have no O-line experience at the college or pro level. Seems to me like he has a recipe for success.
              I don't think Bennie Anderson is all that bad at LG. It's actually an upgrade from the combination of L. Smith and Tucker last year. As for LT, it's anyones guess at this point.
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

either way, we have three centers and no tackles.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

or, to simplify my above post: Mularkey's plan is to give McNally a big steaming pile of **** and hope he can turn it into a 4 course meal between now and September.
                  If I were to guess, I would say McNally is the one who has been driving TD to draft the O-linemen that we have drafted. After doing some research into them, McNally seems to be requesting TD to get O-lineman that are smart and big - instead of taking one that just appears the most physically gifted (as we did when we grabbed Mike Williams) without using any other criteria. Being that they are young, smart, and eager, McNally will probably mold these guys into workable lineman quickly and get them to produce.

Our only question mark is at LT and there is time from here to the start of the season to see who best fits that position. If Peters is able to grasp some of the blocking techniques, he will be a force at that position for many years to come.

I'm still rooting for Peters. With all his physical qualities, he could be a major upgrade from JJ - and he can also catch. MM will surely be able to conjure up a trick play for him...

Comment

• sb_bound
                    • Mar 2005

either way, we have three centers and no tackles.

Every team in the NFL has to do patch work on the O-line. You can't pay everyone 6 million a year and stay under the cap. I would rather pay our skilled position players then waste 8 million a year for an Orlando Pace type player.

If my memory serves me correctly the two tackles that everyone wanted us to go get in the offseason (Orlando Pace, Walter Jones) were both dominated by the Bills defense last year. I would rather have hard working, nose to the grind stone type of maulers on the o-line than a $40 million a year line full of self inflated egos.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      If I were to guess, I would say McNally is the one who has been driving TD to draft the O-linemen that we have drafted. After doing some research into them, McNally seems to be requesting TD to get O-lineman that are smart and big - instead of taking one that just appears the most physically gifted (as we did when we grabbed Mike Williams) without using any other criteria. Being that they are young, smart, and eager, McNally will probably mold these guys into workable lineman quickly and get them to produce.
                      This is what makes me nervous though- we lost four games last year while waiting for the O-line to produce. I'm sure McNally will have them producing in time- I'm not sure he'll have them producing in time to save our season.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

Who filled in for Jennings last year when he was hurt half the time? Jennings is the only guy we lost. I think we are going to be just fine next year. And if Bannan and Peters do what Mularkey and McNally expect them to do, we won't miss a beat from where our O-line was towards the end of last year. They really played well, and it wasn't just a LT.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                          Who filled in for Jennings last year when he was hurt half the time? Jennings is the only guy we lost. I think we are going to be just fine next year. And if Bannan and Peters do what Mularkey and McNally expect them to do, we won't miss a beat from where our O-line was towards the end of last year. They really played well, and it wasn't just a LT.
                          the concern isn't so much losing one guy as it is the shuffling that comes along with it- we'll have 2-3 guys playing out of position and they'll be facing another learning curve. In the meantime, we have to hope they don't get JP and Willis killed or put up too many L's.

And with a (virtual, sort-of) rookie QB, you know opposing CD's are going to blitz on every play.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

This is what makes me nervous though- we lost four games last year while waiting for the O-line to produce. I'm sure McNally will have them producing in time- I'm not sure he'll have them producing in time to save our season.
                            And I blame this mostly on Mike Williams for not getting to camp on time (much less in shape) and causing disruption. I'm sorry that he lost a dear family member - but I lost my mother this past X-mas...and other than the 2 weeks I was there watching her die on her deathbed in a hospital, when I came back to work, I worked, did not take time off or cause a disruption with my fellow workers. I commend him for getting better throughout the season, but 1-2 games that we could have won at the start would have made a huge difference in the end. For the money he is making, he needs to step up and work for it. Quite frankly, he should be working hard enough for the coaches to consider putting him at LT. Instead, he seems to coast and do the minimum required.

Which is why I'm starting to like the drafted players this year. TD and company seem to have targeted hard, smart workers, especially as linemen. The days of us targeting a nice physical specimen but lazy (like Marques Sullivan) are over.

If everyone puts their time in camp this summer, I don't think there'll be a problem.

Comment

• sb_bound
                              • Mar 2005

the concern isn't so much losing one guy as it is the shuffling that comes along with it- we'll have 2-3 guys playing out of position and they'll be facing another learning curve. In the meantime, we have to hope they don't get JP and Willis killed or put up too many L's.

And with a (virtual, sort-of) rookie QB, you know opposing CD's are going to blitz on every play.
                              We may not be shuffling as much as you think. Here is how I see the line panning out.

MW CV TT BA MG

Gandy and Anderson will be the only new additions. If we play this team throughout the pre season we shouldn't have a problem going into the opener. I would also like to mention that we start the year off with some pretty weak teams. It will be good to get a couple victories under our belt and get our confidence up. Momentum in the NFL is like a rock rolling down a hill. Lets just hope we get that rock moving sooner than we did last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X