PDA

View Full Version : A-Train in town for a Visit

EM Bills Fan 80
04-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Ill take em as a backup

BB.com (http://www.buffalobills.com/)

ryjam282
04-28-2005, 01:08 PM
Hell yeah.....Get rid of Henry and take him. Then we can bury Henry on the depth chart and screw him in FA next year.

Philagape
04-28-2005, 01:09 PM
That would be fine with me

Michael82
04-28-2005, 01:13 PM
I saw that when the site was down. Good news. I'll be listening to his PC soon and hopefully TD can sign him. He'd make a nice Backup and change of pace back. :up:

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Hell yeah.....Get rid of Henry and take him. Then we can bury Henry on the depth chart and screw him in FA next year.
Why the hate?

Romes
04-28-2005, 01:16 PM
If we do trade Henry I'd rather have A-Train as the backup than Garner.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2005, 01:18 PM
If we do trade Henry I'd rather have A-Train as the backup than Garner.
You meant Hearst.

camelcowboy
04-28-2005, 01:19 PM
I saw that when the site was down. Good news. I'll be listening to his PC soon and hopefully TD can sign him. He'd make a nice Backup and change of pace back. :up:
This guys is the perfect back up. If you need him to start a game i would be real confident with him.

Romes
04-28-2005, 01:20 PM
You meant Hearst.

Yeah I did. Thanks.

BillsFanInMass
04-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Id take hearst over A Train he could play in same backfield as willis and catch passes.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah I did. Thanks.
I get those two ex-9er has-beens mixed up too. :up:

Mahdi
04-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Not too sure what Henry did to derserve that type of treatment from Buffalo.......

djjimkelly
04-28-2005, 01:23 PM
now this is the best thing ive heard in a while first off i love the thought of a train as the backup hes a bull and id like to see him behind our line as the backup.

second bringing him in basically reassures me that henry wont be on the bills next year. not that i have any issue with travis hed be a all to perfect backup. however no need for silly distractions even in training camp.

ryjam282
04-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Not too sure what Henry did to derserve that type of treatment from Buffalo.......

Just mad at how he says he is going to screw us over and not come to camp...That's all. I won't actually dislike him, until he does hold out.

THATHURMANATOR
04-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Id take hearst over A Train he could play in same backfield as willis and catch passes.
How do you figure? When would they have 2 halfbacks in the same backfield?

camelcowboy
04-28-2005, 01:36 PM
I guess its just life. One year your a hero for playing on a broken leg. Next year everyone is trying to trade you to make for a guy who was comming off a bad knee. Now that he is replaced he is a afterthought. Another reason is Henry really didn't handle the situation well at certain times. Sure the first year wills was drafted he ran well, but he would run his mouth off to the media.

Fans love a guy who is the ultimate team player, but fans will be the first ones to talk bad about that player when he is having a bad stretch.

Dog eat Dog world

:down:

mysticsoto
04-28-2005, 01:37 PM
This is great and what LTBF and I were talking about before the draft. The A-train is perfect for backing up Willis. They both would put a pounding on the defense and send those LBs and Safeties home with bruises all over!!! We could even put the A-train in for quite a few sequences - especially early in the 1st half and between both - pound away at the secondary. And then in the 2nd half, have WM come and pound away again until they are too tired or hurting and then use his deceptive speed to run past them as they begin to get tired from the 1st half pounding that the A-train helped contribute to. That's real smash mouth football!

Romes
04-28-2005, 01:38 PM
The audio is up now of the press conference.

http://www.buffalobills.com/player/?FILE_300=http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/bills/demand/audio/042805thomas.rm&proto=rtsp

Dicknoze69
04-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I'd like him to sign with us as well. He'd come cheap, and he's a viable back-up in case we do deal Henry.

Bulldog
04-28-2005, 01:53 PM
I'd say if he does sign, Henry is gone one way or another.

Mahdi
04-28-2005, 01:54 PM
I agree. I think A-train is a great back-up for Willis. A pounder is exactly what we need and it will reduce the wear and tear on Willis. Maybe we can use these 2 backs like Green Bay uses theirs, when they use Davenport between the 40's, and Green the rest of the way.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2005, 02:00 PM
The audio is up now of the press conference.

http://www.buffalobills.com/player/?FILE_300=http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/bills/demand/audio/042805thomas.rm&proto=rtsp
Audio doesn't work for me. Can someone recap?

Romes
04-28-2005, 02:05 PM
- He had a good visit
- He is going back home and deciding with his wife what is the best place for him
- He has talked to a lot of teams (wouldn't say specifics)
- He is coming to "play" isn't thinking in terms of starter/back-up. the Bills said he would play and that is good enough for him
- Talked with Vilarrial and had dinner with Gandy last night.
- He said Gandy had a lot of good things to say about the Bills.
- No contract has been offered by the Bills.

Philagape
04-28-2005, 02:16 PM
For not honoring his contract and publicly trash-talking his team, Henry deserves any criticism he gets

ParanoidAndroid
04-28-2005, 02:18 PM
He's saying that Buffalo is one of the teams he is considering as his final decision. However, whenever Buffalo lets someone visit another team without talking about offers, it's not a good sign that he'll be here. We'll see though. Was this visit scheduled before or after the draft? Did the front office know that TH was still going to be here? Or....are they bringing him in because there is a deal in the works for TH? Oh so many possibilities. My hope? We deal TH for a quality player and bring in A-Train. If that happens, I feel bad for Shaud Williams. He'll land on his feet though.

mysticsoto
04-28-2005, 02:27 PM
He's saying that Buffalo is one of the teams he is considering as his final decision. However, whenever Buffalo lets someone visit another team without talking about offers, it's not a good sign that he'll be here. We'll see though. Was this visit scheduled before or after the draft? Did the front office know that TH was still going to be here? Or....are they bringing him in because there is a deal in the works for TH? Oh so many possibilities. My hope? We deal TH for a quality player and bring in A-Train. If that happens, I feel bad for Shaud Williams. He'll land on his feet though.
Buffalo let him visit other teams b'cse no doubt they've made him a low offer financially. We cannot afford to pay him alot, and we still have TH under our cap also (not that trading him will get us much). The good news is that the A-train will probably not get very high offers from anyone else either. With the glut of RBs from the draft, nobody is paying much attention to getting RBs or we'd have traded TH by now. I think our offense style fits him and he might consider that in our advantage - even though he knows he'll never unseat WM barring any injury.

He should consider well. There are places where you fit well and you would be appreciated for what you bring - and then there are places you go for the money, but you sit and ride the pine and do nothing. I think, due to our smash mouth football style, that he would get alot of play regardless of Willis. Willis will need breathers from time to time and will need breaks. Given that we have our 2nd string RB that does the same thing he does, it makes sense to keep Willis fresh thoughout the game, while punishing and tiring the defense with another bruiser. I'm sure the A-train would get plenty of play in our offense.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2005, 03:10 PM
I like him. Sign him now.

Thanks Romes for the recap. :up:

RedEyE
04-28-2005, 03:39 PM
I really don't think that he sounded enthusiastic about the opportunity.

He seemed either tired or bored. Couldn't figure it out. He was just really low key.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2005, 03:50 PM
I really don't think that he sounded enthusiastic about the opportunity.

He seemed either tired or bored. Couldn't figure it out. He was just really low key.
He's always like that.

RedEyE
04-28-2005, 04:00 PM
He's always like that.

Well WTF? Give him a stern kick in the ass or something.

Mr. Miyagi
04-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Well WTF? Give him a stern kick in the ass or something.
It's a "cool" thang.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Mysticsoto already said everything that I would have said about A.Thomas (Good job, Mystic!), so suffice it to say that I'm delighted to hear that the Bills are interested in him and vice versa.

This, coupled with everything that everyone connected to the situatio--including T.Henry--has been saying this week, makes me think that somehow, someway, TH will not be with the Bills on opening day.

I think a lot of the animosity towards T.Henry is because, up until now, he hasn't been able to keep his mouth shut about how much he wants out of Buffalo and that may have contributed to scaring off some teams that might have been interested in him at a price the Bills might have accepted. And, that means that now the Bills are going to have a much harder time getting anything in return for him.

Andyxc71, I wouldn't write off Shaud Williams that easily. If the Bills do sign A.Thomas, S.Williams will still be a 3rd down pass-catcher and change-of-pace back for the Bills who can be very useful between the 20s. A.Thomas isn't known for being a great pass-catcher--one of the reasons he wasn't a great fit in the Bears offense--and is more of a pounder like W.McGahee. Thomas can step in for Willis to give him a rest when the Bills want to continue pounding a team, while S.Williams gives them the option of going to more of a scat-back when they feel that it would be more effective. I like the combo of A.Thomas and S.Williams behind Willis rather than an either/or situation.

mysticsoto
04-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Mysticsoto already said everything that I would have said about A.Thomas (Good job, Mystic!), so suffice it to say that I'm delighted to hear that the Bills are interested in him and vice versa.

This, coupled with everything that everyone connected to the situatio--including T.Henry--has been saying this week, makes me think that somehow, someway, TH will not be with the Bills on opening day.

I think a lot of the animosity towards T.Henry is because, up until now, he hasn't been able to keep his mouth shut about how much he wants out of Buffalo and that may have contributed to scaring off some teams that might have been interested in him at a price the Bills might have accepted. And, that means that now the Bills are going to have a much harder time getting anything in return for him.

Andyxc71, I wouldn't write off Shaud Williams that easily. If the Bills do sign A.Thomas, S.Williams will still be a 3rd down pass-catcher and change-of-pace back for the Bills who can be very useful between the 20s. A.Thomas isn't known for being a great pass-catcher--one of the reasons he wasn't a great fit in the Bears offense--and is more of a pounder like W.McGahee. Thomas can step in for Willis to give him a rest when the Bills want to continue pounding a team, while S.Williams gives them the option of going to more of a scat-back when they feel that it would be more effective. I like the combo of A.Thomas and S.Williams behind Willis rather than an either/or situation.
Well thank you, LTBF. Nice to know others also see what the Bills can benefit from.

By the way, I wouldn't exactly say A. Thomas is the next Thurman Thomas, but I do think his "pass catching" abilities are higher than TH though - so we do gain atleast a bit in that area also...