PDA

View Full Version : Mistakes happen...

That Guy
04-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I sent Eb a list of the guys I wanted in round 17. The top 3 were:

1) C Dominic Raiola
2) C Daniel Koppen
3) WR TJ Houshmandzadeh

All three were picked after the two picks that I "passed". I know mistakes happen... but I'd like to know that if I leave a list, players will be picked for me.

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 05:24 PM
DAMN YOU EB

Michael82
04-28-2005, 05:33 PM
I agree. Eb tried to rush and get round 17 and 18 done today so we are still on schedule, but right now we have 5 teams that missed their pick and EB must have never gotten your list. We should have these lists sent to all 3 of the draft managers... EB, Rich, and Devin.

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Well there are a bunch of centers rated equally as those guys there only centers

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Well Devin said he would be gone one of these days and Rich was out of town and Eb has been busy so maybe we just got by a bad stretch when all 3 couldnt be here

That Guy
04-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Well Eb was here for my picks. Or at least he put me on the clock twice I believe. And those were two young centers with a drop-off in talent right after them. I'm not trying to *****... but I got to school during the day and won't be able to make most of these rounds... I want to know if I need to login during my English Test or something.

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Well I live on the west coast and the rounds start at 6 AM and Im at the top of the odd rounds and at work from 11 AM - 9 PM EDT which is most of the draft times we all have limitations im just lucky I have my own office and havent had to be on set the last few weeks, there was alot of drama today Eb is fair and will sort the whole thing out

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 06:03 PM
There is a center out there 1-2 years older and rated the same rank as the three guys you tried to pick

That Guy
04-28-2005, 06:06 PM
The draft is frozen right now... it's not an issue at the moment..

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 06:09 PM
im not saying it doesnt suck but I think everything is going as fair as possible this is almost an impossible task to go through without some mistakes and bumps in the road its unfortunate we couldnt all agree to a couple of 3 hour spans when we could all be online and just knock this draft out

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 06:23 PM
has anyone tried contacting Eb??

Devin
04-28-2005, 06:27 PM
I am moving fellas so until saturday I am off and on. I am trying to stay in the loop though.

Lists you leave are typically taken, occasionally we arent around 24-7 when some of you sporadically make your picks. Its unfortunate but it happens.

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Then why not just let him make his 2 picks and lets move on

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 06:29 PM
not like there arent a ton of players out there we are stocking 20 teams with 32 NFL rosters plenty of players to go around

ryjam282
04-28-2005, 06:44 PM
im not saying it doesnt suck but I think everything is going as fair as possible this is almost an impossible task to go through without some mistakes and bumps in the road its unfortunate we couldnt all agree to a couple of 3 hour spans when we could all be online and just knock this draft out

Unfortunately, I have to agree. I would be pissed but we also have to understand that with all the trades and the PM'ing of picks it is easy to get backed up.

I for one, have to applaud :bf1: the three of them I (Eb, Devin, and R. Rich) for the AMAZING job they have done thus far. And we still have over 35 rounds left.

Michael82
04-28-2005, 07:23 PM
I understand your feelings, That Guy, but things were hectic today and the board was done for about 8 hours. When the site was down, your pm might have been lost. i know that you expect to get the players that you had on your list and I would be pissed too. What I'm guessing happened is that Eb had a whole bunch of PMs and it got buried. I'm sure there will be some way that this can be resolved.

Dozerdog
04-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Great job Eb.

:down:

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Mikey has most of it correct. The PM finally came through this afternoon. I did not see it as I ran out to practice. My apologies.

I would not put a team on the clock if I had their picks. There is no real way to rectify the situation other than to allow you the two picks at any time.

Michael82
04-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Great job Eb.

:rofl:

Michael82
04-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Mikey has most of it correct. The PM finally came through this afternoon. I did not see it as I ran out to practice. My apologies.

I would not put a team on the clock if I had their picks. There is no real way to rectify the situation other than to allow you the two picks at any time.
Does he have anymore players on his list? Because no offense, but he really got screwed. He would have been able to take ANY of those guys if you picked them. What's the point of lists if they arent used? I know it's not your fault, but I feel that he should at least get one of them...like the TJ Houshmandzadeh pick because he was still available when he was online.

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Great job Eb.

this draft has been going on for two weeks with no problems and on a day when somebody shut the site down I'm to blame?? Thanks, boss. :sadwalk:

Dozerdog
04-28-2005, 07:37 PM
I guess you will have to start over from Rd 1.

Who's on the clock?

Michael82
04-28-2005, 07:38 PM
this draft has been going on for two weeks with no problems and on a day when somebody shut the site down I'm to blame?? Thanks, boss. :sadwalk:
I think we might have been better off if we scrapped it all until tomorrow. :(

Rich still hasnt made any of his picks and Rochester Rejects has not lost 2 rounds worth of picks too.

Ebenezer
Does he have anymore players on his list? Because no offense, but he really got screwed. He would have been able to take ANY of those guys if you picked them. What's the point of lists if they arent used? I know it's not your fault, but I feel that he should at least get one of them...like the TJ Houshmandzadeh pick because he was still available when he was online.
there was one player left from his list...like i said he can still make the two picks...the only way to totally rectify it would be for the two guys who took the picks to allow him to have those players and then I will give them new picks. That will work too.

Michael82
I guess you will have to start over from Rd 1.

Who's on the clock?
Round 1? :scared:

Michael82
04-28-2005, 07:39 PM
there was one player left from his list...like i said he can still make the two picks...the only way to totally rectify it would be for the two guys who took the picks to allow him to have those players and then I will give them new picks. That will work too.
That would work too, but you'd have to stop the draft and wait until it's fixed and I dont think thats a good idea either.

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 07:41 PM
I think we might have been better off if we scrapped it all until tomorrow. :(

Rich still hasnt made any of his picks and Rochester Rejects has not lost 2 rounds worth of picks too.
I'm thinking of doing that.

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Just have him make his Picks there are more than enough good players out ther we are talking bout a freakin center we all have jobs school, etc and people have lives its been said to pm all 3 draft guys not just one life happens and sometimes it doesnt seem fair but thats life

ryjam282
04-28-2005, 07:43 PM
I agree, it's not like we are talking about a young franchise QB or RB or something like that. I say let him make his picks now.

Michael82
04-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Just have him make his Picks there are more than enough good players out ther we are talking bout a freakin center we all have jobs school, etc and people have lives its been said to pm all 3 draft guys not just one life happens and sometimes it doesnt seem fair but thats life
but here's the problem...we've all said that we'd be pissed off too. And this defeats the point of having a list if they are missed.

Michael82
04-28-2005, 07:45 PM
I agree, it's not like we are talking about a young franchise QB or RB or something like that. I say let him make his picks now.
He's not around. He doesn't come on much except for when he has to make his pick. i just hope that he doesn't become another Nasty Nights or that other team.

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 07:46 PM
I have no problem with letting him take two picks at any time tonight...I knew there would be at least one snafu in this thing...

Michael82
04-28-2005, 07:48 PM
I have no problem with letting him take two picks at any time tonight...I knew there would be at least one snafu in this thing...
Any idea where Rich went? Is he skipping these rounds now?

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 07:48 PM
He should have sent list to Eb, Devin and Rich that is what has been said since the sending a list thing started or made arrangements to be online or have someone be online for him is it unfortunate YES but its life we all knew what time we are to select and Eb has a LIFE he cant be responsible for everyone we are talking a Center and a WR that had 1 good year there are as i say again 32 teams in the NFL to pluck talent from just keep these rounds open till 9am tommorrow morning and let them make their picks when they make them then get back on schedule after that its unfortunate but a center isnt gonna make or break ya at this point nor is TJ whatever his name is

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 07:51 PM
this seems like a good place for this:

:blamelog:

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 07:54 PM
He's not around. He doesn't come on much except for when he has to make his pick. i just hope that he doesn't become another Nasty Nights or that other team.

I know J..... sort of... he was a mod at billsaddiction for a while then i canned his sorry as because he pouts like a baby allthe time...

he is probably sitting at home crying by now. he always explained it by saying.... "well i'm just a stupid kid.... screw this... i'm going to the mall."

J/k he'll be fine.

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Look he posted at 6:10 this thread he could have made two replacement picks by now almost 3 hours later i really think though unfortunate its life life happens says he is online now have him make his picks but throwing out all the picks since and repicking I think is a bad idea

Forward_Lateral
04-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Here's my 2 cents. Obviously scrapping this entire round would screw everything up, and most likely half the league will get upset.
So, other solutions might be to :

A.) Give the Rejects a free pick worth 500k in THIS round.
B.) See if the teams who took his players after him are willing to give them up, and take players that aren't drafted yet, EXCLUDING all players drafted ALREADY in round 17 and 18. If they accept, give them the 500k pick.

Those are 2 solutions I came up with.

ryjam282
04-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Look he posted at 6:10 this thread he could have made two replacement picks by now almost 3 hours later i really think though unfortunate its life life happens says he is online now have him make his picks but throwing out all the picks since and repicking I think is a bad idea

I agree, as people will no doubt change some picks as a result of who has gone off the board in this round. I know Lehman could definitely go to another team right?????? Thus upsetting another team....It is really a lose lose for Eb. Might as well stick with what we have thus far.

L.A. Playa
04-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Solution is just move on wasnt anybodies fault crap happens its life sorry not being cold but welcome to the real world there are centers just as good and WR just as good out there make ya picks

Michael82
04-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Here's my 2 cents. Obviously scrapping this entire round would screw everything up, and most likely half the league will get upset.
So, other solutions might be to :

A.) Give the Rejects a free pick worth 500k in THIS round.
B.) See if the teams who took his players after him are willing to give them up, and take players that aren't drafted yet, EXCLUDING all players drafted ALREADY in round 17 and 18. If they accept, give them the 500k pick.

Those are 2 solutions I came up with.
Great post. I like the solution! :clap:

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 08:13 PM
I can honestly say I feel like crap about this.

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Great post. I like the solution! :clap:

2 is similar to my solution posted in the draft thread..... check it out and see if it's agreeable and fair.

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 08:15 PM

it's ok man... remember:

:blamelog:

Michael82
04-28-2005, 08:15 PM
you shouldn't feel like crap. it's not your fault. The board and this draft was down for the whole entire 17th round. The best solution would have been to just cancel this day and start 17th round on Friday, but you chose a different way.

Michael82
04-28-2005, 08:17 PM
2 is similar to my solution posted in the draft thread..... check it out and see if it's agreeable and fair.
i love that solution. it's fair to everyone involved, especially when they know that one of those C's and WRs wouldn't have been at their pick if EB didn't lose the pm'ed list.

That Guy
04-28-2005, 08:17 PM
First off, pmacla... shut up. I get your point. I realize that life's tough, people have lives, etc... However I don't think that in any way that should disrupt the integrity of what has been otherwise a nearly flawless draft. Yes we do have lives, but we are also all in this league, and are all going by the same rules.

I felt the need to speak up because a)this is the second time I've felt legitimately screwed out of a pick.. b )I've been targeting three centers for the whole draft, I basically had Bentley/Koppen/Raiola penciled in as my starter, they are all extremely talented young centers who only have room to improve; I didn't want anyone else... c)I go to school every day, I like feeling safe with leaving a list... d)the top three guys on my list were taken with the three picks after mine, I felt like it was possibly a fixable issue.

I brought this up as politely as I could and just thought that this was a general league issue, I wasn't sure if this had happened to anyone else. However, I realize there's really nothing that can be done about this really. So... I'll just do what's best for the league and end this... I'll make my two make-up picks soon.

R. Rich
04-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry I haven't been on the board that much, but I'm up in Buffalo on a mini-vacation (arrived late yesterday and am leaving tomorrow afternoon) and I don't have unlimited access to the internet. I have Tampa Bay's picks and I also received PMs from a couple others, so I'll do my best to be mindful of these picks so they don't lose them. I hope things get worked out and I'll do what I can to help.

Michael82
04-28-2005, 08:23 PM
First off, pmacla... shut up. I get your point. I realize that life's tough, people have lives, etc... However I don't think that in any way that should disrupt the integrity of what has been otherwise a nearly flawless draft. Yes we do have lives, but we are also all in this league, and are all going by the same rules.

I felt the need to speak up because a)this is the second time I've felt legitimately screwed out of a pick.. b )I've been targeting three centers for the whole draft, I basically had Bentley/Koppen/Raiola penciled in as my starter, they are all extremely talented young centers who only have room to improve; I didn't want anyone else... c)I go to school every day, I like feeling safe with leaving a list... d)the top three guys on my list were taken with the three picks after mine, I felt like it was possibly a fixable issue.

I brought this up as politely as I could and just thought that this was a general league issue, I wasn't sure if this had happened to anyone else. However, I realize there's really nothing that can be done about this really. So... I'll just do what's best for the league and end this... I'll make my two make-up picks soon.
You are actually due 3 picks to make.

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 08:24 PM

let's direct all gripes at me...I'll take the blame on this one...pmac was just offering his opinion...that's cool.

like I said I feel horrible about the situation. Lists have been a good way to do this and there really hasn't been a problem until now.

Again, I am really sorry.

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 08:26 PM
Sorry I haven't been on the board that much, but I'm up in Buffalo on a mini-vacation (arrived late yesterday and am leaving tomorrow afternoon) and I don't have unlimited access to the internet. I have Tampa Bay's picks and I also received PMs from a couple others, so I'll do my best to be mindful of these picks so they don't lose them. I hope things get worked out and I'll do what I can to help.
thanks man...you and Devin have been doing a great job...couldn't have gotten this done so well without you!!

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 08:28 PM
let's direct all gripes at me...I'll take the blame on this one...pmac was just offering his opinion...that's cool.

like I said I feel horrible about the situation. Lists have been a good way to do this and there really hasn't been a problem until now.

Again, I am really sorry.

2 things

1- did you read my possible solution? if you like it it is best to lock teh thread for now....

2- i think you should sticky a note telling everyone to PM their lists to all 3 people in charge from now on.... they should read in the title: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL (whatever pick in round whatever) that way whent eh pick is up you can have the list and if they are there to make the pick within the first 5 mins of their time slot you won't have seen their picks. plus all 3 having lists means less likelyhood of mistakes.

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 08:30 PM
let's direct all gripes at me...

my legs hurt fron raquetball....

the hot girl from work asked me to meet her at a party but i have to work....

i'm doing a double that i've mentioned 100000000 times today because i am tired....

it's wayn too ***** busy here tonight.

my patients suck

my co-workers are ******s...

i want to go to the party...

why are we so ****ing short staff??????

i hate the OR......

why can't i be hung like a horse.....?

that's all i got for now.

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 08:31 PM
2 things

1- did you read my possible solution? if you like it it is best to lock teh thread for now....

2- i think you should sticky a note telling everyone to PM their lists to all 3 people in charge from now on.... they should read in the title: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL (whatever pick in round whatever) that way whent eh pick is up you can have the list and if they are there to make the pick within the first 5 mins of their time slot you won't have seen their picks. plus all 3 having lists means less likelyhood of mistakes.
#2 is a good idea...people are throwing lists around and that does make it unfair with three of us reading them.

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 08:34 PM
my legs hurt fron raquetball....

i'm doing a double that i've mentioned 100000000 times today because i am tired....

it's wayn too ***** busy here tonight.

my patients suck

my co-workers are ******s...

i want to go to the party...

why are we so ****ing short staff??????

i hate the OR......

why can't i be hung like a horse.....?

that's all i got for now.

are you a doc?

That Guy
04-28-2005, 08:40 PM
He's an x-ray technician. He thinks he's special.

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 08:50 PM
He's an x-ray technician. He thinks he's special.

That's TECHOLOGIST a-hole... shouldn't you be whining about how unfair it is that you didn't get your picks?

and i do NOT think i'm special... just having a super busy day... so i feel overworked and under-paid.... if i was a doc you could scrap that last one.

you said to gripe at you Eb.

* for the record i love my job... just not today. 7 hours down, 9 hours to go.

Michael82
04-28-2005, 08:57 PM
That's TECHOLOGIST a-hole... shouldn't you be whining about how unfait it is that you didn't get your picks?

and i do NOT think i'm special... just having a super busy day... so i feel overworked and under-paid.... if i was a doc you could scrap that last one.

you said to gripe at you.

* for the record i love my job... just not today. 7 hours down, 9 hours to go.
whine, whine, whine. Would you like some cheese with that wine? :snicker:

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 09:04 PM

seriously.... this is the only one that is truly bothering me right now. REALLY bothering me.

though the horse one would be sweet.

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 09:04 PM
whine, whine, whine. Would you like some cheese with that wine? :snicker:

hey.... Eb opened the door.. i just walked through.

MikeInRoch
04-28-2005, 09:24 PM
Is this resolved then? I'd prefer to not give up T.J., especially since it seems like the Centers should have gone first anyway...

Forward_Lateral
04-28-2005, 09:35 PM
hey.... Eb opened the door.. i just walked through.

Not without buttering up the door way you didn't, you fat ****

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Not without buttering up the door way you didn't, you fat ****

funnier when it's true,..... see my post (as if you already haven't)

Ebenezer
04-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Is this resolved then? I'd prefer to not give up T.J., especially since it seems like the Centers should have gone first anyway...
it is settled...all is fine. you got who you picked. :up:

Sportsuser101
04-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Wow this thread is 5 minutes of my life I would like to have back.

Canadian'eh!
04-28-2005, 11:40 PM
it is settled...all is fine. you got who you picked.

Actually...the ruling came down tonight that you have to give Housh to the Canadian Radiation Kings and he will now be a 100k player.

MikeInRoch
04-29-2005, 06:36 AM
Actually...the ruling came down tonight that you have to give Housh to the Canadian Radiation Kings and he will now be a 100k player.

Yes, but the other part of the ruling is that you have to give you your first five picks in the rookie draft to get him... Seems ok to me. :biggrin: