PDA

View Full Version : I'm not too thrilled about BIG MIKE at LT...

im4bflo
04-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Can he handle the speed that usually comes from that side?

Kenny
04-28-2005, 07:58 PM
He's not ready for LT duty yet... He's only average / slightly above average playing RT.

Hopefully by the start of next season he's improved enough to make the switch... else he's a bust.

The_Philster
04-28-2005, 07:59 PM

no...thats part of why moving him to LT would be :crazy:

Bling
04-28-2005, 08:01 PM
no...thats part of why moving him to LT would be :crazy:

Anyone picked as high as he was is a bust if he doesn't play LT.

Guess Donahoe does make mistakes....

Tatonka
04-28-2005, 08:04 PM
i dont know why we even discuss big mike at LT... every guy on the bills has stated over and over that big mike will stay at RT.. they could not make it any clearer that they do not want him at LT.. the discussion is pointless..

my personal opinion is that we are obviously paying him way too much money for a RT.. hell.. we are paying him as if he is a top LT.. so the switch would make sense.. but it just isnt going to happen.

The_Philster
04-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Anyone picked as high as he was is a bust if he doesn't play LT....:huh: :spit:

Bling
04-28-2005, 08:12 PM
:huh: :spit:

So you're saying RT's are usually drafted in the top 5? :spit:

Bling
04-28-2005, 08:13 PM
are we talking Mike Williams or Mike Gandy?

The_Philster
04-28-2005, 08:16 PM

Not usually...but if anyone expected him to be a LT based purely on where he was drafted, they don't understand the NFL all that well...or football for that matter. You play where you're most effective

EDS
04-28-2005, 08:17 PM

At least the Bills did not get stuck with Joey Harrington.

And lets be honest here, Big Mike may never be a dominant left tackle but he is likely going to be a very good right tackle for a long time, which is a lot better then an out and out bust along the lines of a Ryan Leaf, Lawrence Phillips, Ki-Jana Carter, Tony Mandarich, Aundray Bruce, etc.

Bling
04-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Not usually...but if anyone expected him to be a LT based purely on where he was drafted, they don't understand the NFL all that well...or football for that matter. You play where you're most effective

and I get that. I'm just proving a point...Donahoe isn't perfect.

venis2k1
04-28-2005, 09:52 PM
and I get that. I'm just proving a point...Donahoe isn't perfect.
5 San Diego Quentin Jammer CB Texas
6 Kansas City
(From Dallas) Ryan Sims DT North Carolina
7 Minnesota Bryant McKinnie OT Miami
8 Dallas
(From Kansas City) Roy Williams SS Oklahoma
9 Jacksonville John Henderson DT Tennessee
10 Cincinnati Levi Jones OT Arizona State
11 Indianapolis Dwight Freeney DE Syracuse
12 Arizona Wendell Bryant DT Wisconsin
13 New Orleans Donte' Stallworth WR Tennessee
14 NY Giants
(From Tennessee) Jeremy Shockey TE Miami
15 Tennessee
(From NY Giants) Albert Haynesworth DT Tennessee
16 Cleveland William Green RB Boston College
17 Oakland
(From Atlanta) Phillip Buchanon CB Miami
18 Atlanta
(From Washington Through Oakland) T.J. Duckett RB Michigan State
19 Denver Ashley Lelie WR Hawaii
20 Green Bay
(From Seattle) Javon Walker WR Florida State
21 New England
(From Tampa Bay Through Oakland and Washington) Daniel Graham TE Colorado
22 NY Jets Bryan Thomas DE Alabama-Birmingham
23 Oakland Napoleon Harris OLB Northwestern
24 Baltimore Edward Reed FS Miami
25 New Orleans Charles Grant DE Georgia
26 Philadelphia Lito Sheppard CB Florida
27 San Francisco Mike Rumph CB Miami
28 Seattle Jerramy Stevens TE Washington
29 Chicago Marc Colombo OT Boston College
30 Pittsburgh Kendall Simmons OT Auburn
31 St. Louis Robert Thomas OLB UCLA
32 Washington Patrick Ramsey

now who on that list do you want to pay 8 million dollars to play this year. freeny, ed reed, roy williams maybe. i think mike williams was a good pick. of the 5 offensive lineman that came off the board in the first, mike is the best imo.

ddaryl
04-28-2005, 09:56 PM
now who on that list do you want to pay 8 million dollars to play this year. freeny, ed reed, roy williams maybe. i think mike williams was a good pick. of the 5 offensive lineman that came off the board in the first, mike is the best imo.

Actually Levi Jones has been the best OL from that draft.

Kenny
04-28-2005, 10:56 PM
IMO, the best lineman from that draft is McKinnie. Not a dominant LT, but he at least holds his own. (that being said, didnt he say he didnt want to play in Buffalo before the draft?)

TigerJ
04-28-2005, 11:28 PM
i dont know why we even discuss big mike at LT... every guy on the bills has stated over and over that big mike will stay at RT.. they could not make it any clearer that they do not want him at LT.. the discussion is pointless..

my personal opinion is that we are obviously paying him way too much money for a RT.. hell.. we are paying him as if he is a top LT.. so the switch would make sense.. but it just isnt going to happen.

Agreed. Why are we talking about it. LTs in the picture include Mike Gandy, Jason Peters, Trey Teague, maybe eventually Dyklan McFarland and Geir Gudmundsen. Then of course there is the slim possibility of someone popping up who isn't even on the roster yet. There is no indication from any reasonable source that the Bills consider switching Williams as any kind of possibility.

The_Philster
04-29-2005, 04:52 AM
IMO, the best lineman from that draft is McKinnie. Not a dominant LT, but he at least holds his own. (that being said, didnt he say he didnt want to play in Buffalo before the draft?)

Yep...which is why people talking about 'we should've drafted McKinnie' is kinda amusing to me

Jan Reimers
04-29-2005, 06:20 AM
I simply don't understand why some posts are started. I think I'll start one that says, "I'm Not Really Too Thrilled With Brian Moorman at QB."

gobuffalo2007
04-29-2005, 07:01 AM

Mike wont be playing LT I think TD said he was planning on moving Trey Teague over to LT.

mysticsoto
04-29-2005, 08:05 AM
When is MW's contract up? My only concern is that I would like him to be offered what he should be making for a RT. When his contract is up, I suspect TD will make him a much smaller offer to stay. If he balks at it, he can leave. RT is alot easier to fill than LT. In fact, with next years' OT-happy draft, I'm sure we'll draft atleast one stud.

ShadowHawk7
04-29-2005, 11:51 AM
I heard renegotiations were under way. Any truth to that? No way we move MW to LT. It took him 2 years to be a solid RT, how long do you think it will take him to learn and be solid at a position he has never played, and that has opposite footwork and technique compared to RT?