• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LifetimeBillsFan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Jets DT Evans Retires

The Jets announced that DT Josh Evans has retired. Evans is the second vet DT the Jets have lost during this off-season with Jason Ferguson signing with Dallas as a FA.

This leaves the Jets with D.Robertson and L.Legree, who they signed as a FA from the NY Giants, as their top two DTs, with J.Reed, A.Harper and rookie third-round pick S.Pouha behind them in the rotation.

Even with the development of D.Robertson and MLB J.Vilma, the Jets look to be weaker in the middle of their defensive front at this point than they were last season, which can only be good news for the Bills.

URL: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...p-260403c.html
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

More room for McGahee to run up the middle.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Evans sure hosed the Jets. If he did it a week ago the Jets could of put a bigger emphasis on DT in the draft. I feel terrible

Comment

• chubluv
        BillsZone bowling team MVP
        • Jan 2003

He was afraid of McGahee, Dillon, & Brown kicking the crap out of him 6 times this year!!!

We are in 5th place
        Clump is on the IR
        Chubluv average is 167
        Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
        Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
          • Jul 2002

Now let's hope Ty Law doesn't sign with them.

God give me style and give me grace
          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• gonzo1105
            • Jul 2002

I Bet he retired because of Drug Reasons. A lot like how Ricky retired because Evans has been a multiple offender of drug problems in the NFL

Comment

• Dicknoze69
              Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gonzo1105
              I Bet he retired because of Drug Reasons. A lot like how Ricky retired because Evans has been a multiple offender of drug problems in the NFL
              It's possible, but the more likely scenario is that his back was acting up. I know he missed a huge chunk of the season with a back injury last year.

I doubt the Jets were relying on him too heavily.

God give me style and give me grace
              God put a smile upon my face

Comment

Working...
              X