PDA

View Full Version : Surprise, surprise: Henry no-show at minicamp

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2005, 01:26 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - As promised, disgruntled running back Travis Henry was a no-show when the Buffalo Bills opened a mandatory three-day minicamp Friday.

Coach Mike Mularkey was scheduled to address reporters later in the day.

http://theredzone.org/news/showarticle.asp?ArticleID=2645

Ooooo NOW he means business. :rolleyes:

lordofgun
04-29-2005, 01:40 PM
I hope they fine him good. His salary is low enough that it will actually hurt.

Bulldog
04-29-2005, 01:41 PM
I hope they fine him good. His salary is low enough that it will actually hurt.

Maybe if they fine him enough, he'll have to sign a one year extesion.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Recently signed third-string quarterback Shane Matthews was the only other Bills player not on the field Friday.
I hope HE holds out. :down:

Romes
04-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Shane Matthews was the other player that wasn't there.

Bills | Matthews not at Minicamp - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:43:22 -0700

The Associated Press reports Buffalo Bills QB Shane Matthews was not present Friday, April 29 when the team began its mandatory three-day minicamp. At this point, no reason has been given for his absence. He and RB Travis Henry were the only players absent.

ddaryl
04-29-2005, 02:15 PM
That would be funny. TH screwed himself, otherwise he might have been a FA last year and making buku bucks.

Mr. Miyagi
04-29-2005, 02:17 PM
beaucoup

jamze132
04-29-2005, 02:51 PM
That would be hilarious!

Nublar7
04-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Maybe if they fine him enough, he'll have to sign a one year extesion.Why would he have to sign a one year extension? He is already under contract. He doesn't want to be a backup.

Bulldog
04-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Why would he have to sign a one year extension? He is already under contract. He doesn't want to be a backup.

It was a joke. A few years ago, Henry ran into some financial difficulties, and that's when he signed the one year extension on his original contract. If Henry wouldn't have extended his deal, none of this crap would be going on right now because he would be an UFA. Thanks for filling me in on the whole Henry not wanting to be a backup situation though. Being a Bills fan, thats the first I've heard of it.

justasportsfan
04-29-2005, 03:56 PM
Is High school out yet?

DraftBoy
04-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Fine him his full salary for all I care this type of behavior is ridiculous

bobbyc39
04-29-2005, 06:30 PM
Travis Henry... just another player in the long history of Bills that the organization screws. Travis played hard for the Bills every game... on a broken leg and with torn cartilidge in his chest. The Bills spewed all kinds of crap about running Henry and McGahee in games.. sometimes on the field at the same time. Never saw anything close to that! Then they refuse to trade him for a decent OT that they desperately need. Good luck Bills fans... I hope this kid Losman can run, he's gonna need to with an offensive line like that.
~Former Bills fan

lordofgun
04-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Travis Henry... just another player in the long history of Bills that the organization screws. Travis played hard for the Bills every game... on a broken leg and with torn cartilidge in his chest. The Bills spewed all kinds of crap about running Henry and McGahee in games.. sometimes on the field at the same time. Never saw anything close to that! Then they refuse to trade him for a decent OT that they desperately need. Good luck Bills fans... I hope this kid Losman can run, he's gonna need to with an offensive line like that.
~Former Bills fan
:chuckle:

Nublar7
04-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Is High school out yet?I don't know, you tell me.

mybills
04-29-2005, 07:23 PM
~Former Bills fan

I know RI is small but, just so everyone knows..
I don't know this guy.

Michael82
04-29-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm glad Mularkey is disciplining him. I hope he fines him every single day he misses. Hit him where it hurts. :snicker:

Dozerdog
04-29-2005, 10:25 PM
~Former Bills fan
:rofl:

jamze132
04-30-2005, 09:32 AM
It was a joke. A few years ago, Henry ran into some financial difficulties, and that's when he signed the one year extension on his original contract. If Henry wouldn't have extended his deal, none of this crap would be going on right now because he would be an UFA. Thanks for filling me in on the whole Henry not wanting to be a backup situation though. Being a Bills fan, thats the first I've heard of it.
Dolphin fan... he doesn't get it.

BAM
04-30-2005, 09:46 AM
bobbyc39, way to be faithful to your team.

Good luck with whichever bandwagon you hop on!

:loser:

mybills
04-30-2005, 08:21 PM
BAM, don't you mean, "hopped"? :D