04-29-2005, 04:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-patriots-flutie&prov=ap&type=lgns

LarryBoy
04-29-2005, 04:59 PM
:sadwalk:

Mr.Right
04-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Good for him! :shocked:

This gives Doug a very good chance of retiring in a year or two with a coveted Super Bowl ring, courtesy of the amazing Tom Brady, the genius coaching mind Bill Belichick, and the NFL's newest 'dynasty': the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots! :clap:

I, for one, am very happy for Mr. Flutie and wish him the best in his "return home"!
:up:

Kerr
04-29-2005, 05:25 PM
So let's say he does win a ring with the pats, he'll get props for just sitting on the bench the whole season and doing nothing, courtesy of his flutie flakes.

superbills
04-29-2005, 07:41 PM
So let's say he does win a ring with the pats, he'll get props for just sitting on the bench the whole season and doing nothing, courtesy of his flutie flakes.

Then Flutie and Johnson can finally have something in common...do absolutely nothing and score a Super Bowl ring. :shakeno:

Kerr
04-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Then Flutie and Johnson can finally have something in common...do absolutely nothing and score a Super Bowl ring. :shakeno: Johnson actually got to play in one or two games even though his ass got a lot of help from the bucs D(much like flutie has his career in buffalo). He kept them in the game playing conservative, but the only thing he didn't do was throw away the game in all fairness to him. Those who say he didn't do anything that season at all need to go back and check back a few years.
See I don't think flutie ever sees the field because brady is that damn good.

wchutalkinboutwillis
04-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Dougie,
What happened? You've aged horribly!!! Put your eyeliner and tights back on!!

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/NY15704292051.jpeg

Bert102176
04-30-2005, 03:45 AM
aren't the Patriots his original NFL team that drafted him?

Aero II
04-30-2005, 06:47 AM
aren't the Patriots his original NFL team that drafted him?
He was drafted by the Rams in '85.

Jayhawk
04-30-2005, 07:06 AM
yups he went to the USFL after that, I don't blame him.

DynaPaul
04-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Flutie will stand on the edge of the field with a headset and clipboard and act like he's calling the plays for Brady. Brady will have a couple of bad games and then the Flutie Flakes, who have since migrated as Patriots fans, will begin demanding that Flutie start. If the Patriots make the playoffs and lose then the Flakes will all swear that Flutie could have won it for them.

jamze132
04-30-2005, 09:18 AM
I think him signing with the Patsys is a sign that this will be his last season in pro football. I think he wants to end it where he started it. Kudos to Flutie! :bf1:

Mr.Right
04-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Flutie will stand on the edge of the field with a headset and clipboard and act like he's calling the plays for Brady. Brady will have a couple of bad games and then the Flutie Flakes, who have since migrated as Patriots fans, will begin demanding that Flutie start. If the Patriots make the playoffs and lose then the Flakes will all swear that Flutie could have won it for them.
nah....
:nono:
Flutie is a "team player" :D: He will learn a lot just by watching 'the master', Tom Brady! :clap:
I'm sure he is looking forward to the great opportunity he's been given! :up:

Valerie
04-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Rob Johnson got a Super Bowl ring for just sitting on the bench while "playing" for Tampa Bay. And he most certainly didn't do a damn thing in his football "playing" career to deserve one. At least with Flutie, he deserves one. I really hope he can get a ring with the Patriots. But, with his luck, this will be the year they tank. lol

The Natrix
04-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Flutie blows.

chernobylwraiths
04-30-2005, 09:57 AM
I think him signing with the Patsys is a sign that this will be his last season in pro football. I think he wants to end it where he started it. Kudos to Flutie! :bf1:

He started his career with Chicago.

BAM
04-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Good luck, Flute!

The_Philster
04-30-2005, 10:17 AM
nah....
Flutie is a "team player"
:spit:

At least with Flutie, he deserves one. just because you think he's hot? :shakeno:

Kerr
04-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Rob Johnson got a Super Bowl ring for just sitting on the bench while "playing" for Tampa Bay. And he most certainly didn't do a damn thing in his football "playing" career to deserve one. At least with Flutie, he deserves one. I really hope he can get a ring with the Patriots. But, with his luck, this will be the year they tank. lol
RJ's career is not even the point. But while on that subject, he does deserve the ring with the bucs because he did his part as a backup when called upon. If I recall, Gruden asked him not to throw away the game, which he did not. It wasn't pretty, but he did what was asked of him. Why is it flutie deserves a ring more than rj when he's never been on a team that's gone all the way to the superbowl? Sorry, not even a younger Ben Roethlisberger who had a flutie season was able to get past the afc championship. I don't know what makes you flutie fans think with flutie, buffalo would have won the superbowl with his tired arm. When flutie plays a regular season, the defense helps him as it usually does and the the teams wins the super bowl, then he would have definitely deserved it. Don't worry, if the little guy never ends up winning one then he'll always be known in the nfl as the guy who was more popular than rob johnson. What a legacy.
I really am curious as to know what doug flutie is using to brainwash you guys.

The_Philster
04-30-2005, 12:37 PM
some people think he's cute

ticatfan
04-30-2005, 12:45 PM
21-9

ticatfan
04-30-2005, 12:52 PM
RJ's career is not even the point. But while on that subject, he does deserve the ring with the bucs because he did his part as a backup when called upon. If I recall, Gruden asked him not to throw away the game, which he did not. It wasn't pretty, but he did what was asked of him. Why is it flutie deserves a ring more than rj when he's never been on a team that's gone all the way to the superbowl? Sorry, not even a younger Ben Roethlisberger who had a flutie season was able to get past the afc championship. I don't know what makes you flutie fans think with flutie, buffalo would have won the superbowl with his tired arm. When flutie plays a regular season, the defense helps him as it usually does and the the teams wins the super bowl, then he would have definitely deserved it. Don't worry, if the little guy never ends up winning one then he'll always be known in the nfl as the guy who was more popular than rob johnson. What a legacy.
I really am curious as to know what doug flutie is using to brainwash you guys.How about heart, that he never gives up,always giving 100%, even when everbody is telling him he can't play,he is to short or he has a tired arm,the same arm that he threw for over 40000 yrds up here. But the real funny thing is ,he is still in the league and alot of QB'S have come and gone since.

STAMPY
04-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Doug Flutie gave us our best season since Jim Kelly. That's a fact

BAM
04-30-2005, 01:51 PM
21-9

How about heart, that he never gives up,always giving 100%, even when everbody is telling him he can't play,he is to short or he has a tired arm,the same arm that he threw for over 40000 yrds up here. But the real funny thing is ,he is still in the league and alot of QB'S have come and gone since.

Doug Flutie gave us our best season since Jim Kelly. That's a fact

No brainwashing here.

If you can't admit that he made things happen... somehow... when he was in there, you must not have been watching those couple years.

:yap:

Kerr
04-30-2005, 07:02 PM
How about heart, that he never gives up,always giving 100%, even when everbody is telling him he can't play,he is to short or he has a tired arm,the same arm that he threw for over 40000 yrds up here. But the real funny thing is ,he is still in the league and alot of QB'S have come and gone since.

So you're telling me all those things are the reason he deserves a ring? Would you care to mention all the negative things too?

Kerr
04-30-2005, 07:04 PM

No brainwashing here.

If you can't admit that he made things happen... somehow... when he was in there, you must not have been watching those couple years.

:yap:

Nobody's denying he never made anything happen, although I still see many people still fail to see how much help he had from our D during his time here. It boggles the mind how this shrimp still seems to raise more wood among this fanbase more than our ex franchise qb, jim kelly.

wchutalkinboutwillis
04-30-2005, 07:24 PM
I agree. I shamefully admit that during the whole controversy, I was a supporter of Rob's Johnson over Flutie. To me it seems the Bills could have gone 3-13 in that era and most fans would still be in love with the guy. He was exciting to watch and had a tremendous capacity to improvise, but he could only take that team so far. Was it wrong to start Rob's Johnson over Flutie against the Titans "Forward Lateral" game? I think not. The game was won and over then lost on one of the most ridiculous fluke plays of all time. If the Bills would have won that game, I think there's a chance that Rob's Johnson may still be in Buffalo. Just by winning that game, very suddenly, he would have had the support of the locker room, coaching staff and fans.

wchutalkinboutwillis
04-30-2005, 07:33 PM
I agree that Flutie was over-rated. I shamefully admit that I was a supporter of Rob's Johnson during the whole QB controversy between him and Dougie. Flutie was an exciting player to watch and he had a tremendous capacity to improvise and make plays out of nothing. However, he really didn't have the ability or talent (arm strength) to take that team to another level. Would you look back at the Titan's "Forward Lateral" playoff game and say it was a mistake to start Rob's Johnson? The game was won and then lost on one of the most ridiculous fluke plays of all time. If the Bills would have one that game, it's possible Rob's Johnson would still be in Buffalo today. He would have had the support of the players, coaches, and fans. Bruce DeHaven would still be around. The psychology of the team and staff would have been strong as opposed to frustrated and confused. One stupid play probably had a lot more of an impact than we realize.

Valerie
04-30-2005, 08:17 PM
I really am curious as to know what doug flutie is using to brainwash you guys.
I don't recall anywhere in any of my posts where I said the with Flutie as the Bills quarterback, they would've won the Super Bowl. I do think that with Flutie the Bills stood a better chance than with Rob Johnson. I think that Flutie was a smarter quarterback than Rob and I think that he was able to make more things happen because he never gave up. Rob Johnson is like a deer in headlights when he's playing, which is why he spent the better part of his career (if you could call it a career) ON HIS BACK, EATING GRASS AND/OR TURF! Yes, Doug is old, but that doesn't mean he sucks or doesn't deserve a ring because of his age. I think he is and was a better quarterback than Rob Johnson EVER WAS! And, no, it's not because I think he's hot. I think Troy Aikman was an awesome quarterback and I don't think he's hot at all. lol

mybills
04-30-2005, 08:31 PM
WOW ticat, Forty thousand yards? :snicker:

Doug got us near or to the playoffs...and he got his ass out of the way when he was in trouble. I don't remember robot (Bledsoe's twin brother) ever doing either. :idunno:

Kerr
04-30-2005, 08:39 PM
21-9
What's your point? He owes the defense a big part of his wins. If i'm not mistaken, Jay Fiedler had a winning record as a starter for the dolphins who had a strong D. 35-17 was it?
I don't see any fish fans still getting all excited about fiedler as an icon. Oh yeah, If I recall it was flutie who's 0-1 in the playoffs. All he does is win!

Kerr
04-30-2005, 08:45 PM
I don't recall anywhere in any of my posts where I said the with Flutie as the Bills quarterback, they would've won the Super Bowl. I do think that with Flutie the Bills stood a better chance than with Rob Johnson. I think that Flutie was a smarter quarterback than Rob and I think that he was able to make more things happen because he never gave up. Rob Johnson is like a deer in headlights when he's playing, which is why he spent the better part of his career (if you could call it a career) ON HIS BACK, EATING GRASS AND/OR TURF! Yes, Doug is old, but that doesn't mean he sucks or doesn't deserve a ring because of his age. I think he is and was a better quarterback than Rob Johnson EVER WAS! And, no, it's not because I think he's hot. I think Troy Aikman was an awesome quarterback and I don't think he's hot at all. lol
Well I didn't point my finger at you in particular saying the bills would have won the super bowl with flutie, but a lot of flutie fans have been caught saying the bills would have won the big game with him starting. I can't understand why you're still comparing rj to flutie. Rj's career or ability as a qb is not even the subject here. Nobody is disputing that rj is a better qb than flutie. All I said is that Rj deserved his ring on the bucs team. Flutie deserves a ring when his teams get to the big game and he had a part in that season.

The_Philster
04-30-2005, 09:05 PM
I can't understand why you're still comparing rj to flutie. Rj's career or ability as a qb is not even the subject here. some people have this :crazy: notion that by saying how bad RJ was, it miraculously changes the past and makes Flutie great. He had one very good season for us in 98 and a mediocre one in 99 where the defense pulled his fat out of the fire on a regular basis...and I've had season tix since 96 and saw every home game Flutie played for us in person and know what I saw. When a QB chooses to take down the ball and run instead of throw for more yards and TDs, he's screwing up.

chernobylwraiths
04-30-2005, 10:55 PM
Flutie is like the Yankees. You either hate him or love him. Also like the Yankees, the hate/love can be extremely lacking in any form of nonpartiality or logic. People bring up the how Flutie was a division in the locker room but discount how the team won more with him than they did with RJ. Flutie felt he was a better man to lead the Bills to victory than RJ was, and now that they have been gone for a few years, I believe that it can't be argued that he wasn't. Plus, many believe that Flutie took credit for many of his teams victories while not taking blame for the losses. That is a media issue. Maybe he could have been more magnanemous in victory but I don't think he glommed all the credit, that is just some people's perception.

wchutalkinboutwillis
04-30-2005, 10:57 PM
If Flutie was 6" taller with the same speed and agility he had at 5'8" (his real height), he'd have a few Superbowl rings and a reserved place in the NFL Hall of Fame. He literally could not see over the line which is why he pumped, pulled, and ran so much. Adapt his style to a 6'2" frame in today's game, and you have today's prototypical QB.

chubluv
04-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I dont care that he signed with the patriots!! And for those of you hoping he wins a ring this year obviously arent real Bills fans because you are rooting against them!!!!!!

njsue
04-30-2005, 11:31 PM
This is just too funny. The militent midget just wont accept retirement.

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Flutie is like the Yankees. You either hate him or love him. Also like the Yankees, the hate/love can be extremely lacking in any form of nonpartiality or logic. People bring up the how Flutie was a division in the locker room but discount how the team won more with him than they did with RJ. I don't usually do this but :liar: That's called a typical Flakism. Bashing RJ doesn't help the midget's case. No one will argue that RJ didn't suck. That doesn't excuse being a locker room problem. The only QB on the team back then with an ounce of class was AVP

justasportsfan
05-01-2005, 09:07 AM
some people have this :crazy: notion that by saying how bad RJ was, it miraculously changes the past and makes Flutie great. He had one very good season for us in 98 and a mediocre one in 99 where the defense pulled his fat out of the fire on a regular basis...and I've had season tix since 96 and saw every home game Flutie played for us in person and know what I saw. When a QB chooses to take down the ball and run instead of throw for more yards and TDs, he's screwing up. couldn't wait to chime in and take a shot at Flutie. :snicker:

He's too short to see down the field. Of course he'll take off when he can't see.Taking off was his reaction. Drew and Rob had the height but were blind as a bat. Their reaction was, instead of trying to make something out of nothing, hold on and take a sack.

At least we had 1 good season with him and 2 playoff appearances. Not even a single decent season from Rob. Drew had more weapons than DF and yet no playoffs. He wasn't over rated, Drew and Rob were which made a back-up look good.

justasportsfan
05-01-2005, 09:10 AM
I don't usually do this but :liar: :liar: Say what you want about the midget Phil. Everyone saw that he was the best qb we had since Kelly.

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 09:11 AM
:liar: Say what you want about the midget Phil. Everyone saw that he was the best qb we had since Kelly.

2 things
Never said he wasn't
and that's pretty sad :ill:

justasportsfan
05-01-2005, 09:13 AM
2 things
Never said he wasn't
and that's pretty sad :ill:you have this passion to blast him when someone says something about him and then you're mum when someone says something about Robosack. You sound like a Flutie flake in denial.

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 09:16 AM
you have this passion to blast him when someone says something about himbecause there are still plenty of people blindly worshipping the runt
and then you're mum when someone says something about Robosack.what's to say? He sucked...I supported him hoping he'd get better...he didn't:idunno:
You sound like a Flutie flake in denial. TAKE THAT BACK!!:blowup:

justasportsfan
05-01-2005, 09:19 AM
because there are still plenty of people blindly worshipping the runt:It's more of respect. No one could imagine what a senior midget could do in a game for big dudes. We all know that he was a locker room cancer. Drew was a class act in the locker room but most of us wanted him gone. It's what you do on the field that counts.

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 09:21 AM
The midget had his problems on the field as well. It could be said that he simply couldn't see the open WRs (maybe he needed glasses) but it could be that he just loved being in the spotlight. He throws the ball, people start watching the WR :idunno:

justasportsfan
05-01-2005, 09:22 AM
The midget had his problems on the field as well. It could be said that he simply couldn't see the open WRs (maybe he needed glasses) but it could be that he just loved being in the spotlight. He throws the ball, people start watching the WR :idunno:
2 playoffs appearances Phil. You should be spending more time blasting Rob and Drew for not achieving anything.

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 10:52 AM
2 playoffs appearances Phil. You should be spending more time blasting Rob and Drew for not achieving anything.

Do you see people blindly defending them?

Michael82
05-01-2005, 12:44 PM
Here's another thing and I can't wait to see your response...

Doug Flutie saved the franchise. If he wasn't getting everybody excited and pumped up in the 1998 season, we might have lost the Buffalo Bills. I don't care what you people say, he did help "save" the franchise IMO and doesn't get enough credit. Hell, when he was released, Wegmans pulled away from the Bills because of how many pissed off people there was. Doug Flutie was a very popular guy and a perfect spokesman.

Michael82
05-01-2005, 12:57 PM
TAKE THAT BACK!!:blowup:

I love your title, Phil. :snicker:

:lmao:

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Where did anyone say he didn't help save the franchise in 98? Does that mean you should overlook his poor play in 99 or the locker room problems he helped create? As far as Wegmans pulling away from the Bills because of that...pathetic. Tops is better anyway

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 12:58 PM

NEGGED!! :blowup:

Michael82
05-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Where did anyone say he didn't help save the franchise in 98? Does that mean you should overlook his poor play in 99 or the locker room problems he helped create? As far as Wegmans pulling away from the Bills because of that...pathetic. Tops is better anyway
LOL! Tops is better? That's why they were bought out and are working on changing all their Tops stores into Martins? :shakeno: :lol:

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 01:07 PM
LOL! Tops is better? That's why they were bought out and are working on changing all their Tops stores into Martins? :shakeno: :lol:

Then Martins will be better :idunno:

Kerr
05-01-2005, 02:59 PM

Doug Flutie saved the franchise. If he wasn't getting everybody excited and pumped up in the 1998 season, we might have lost the Buffalo Bills. I don't care what you people say, he did help "save" the franchise IMO and doesn't get enough credit. Hell, when he was released, Wegmans pulled away from the Bills because of how many pissed off people there was. Doug Flutie was a very popular guy and a perfect spokesman.
Oh, that did it. They should build a statue of flutie right in front of the stadium for "saving" the franchise. Nobody will deny flutie was a part in fan interest and sales, but you guys give the shrimp way too much credit. If anything, the team owner should be thanking the fans for coming back. The owner's job is to bring in players who can perform and help the team win. I doubt if the eagles were in the same situation, the philly fans would be grateful to T.O. for "saving" the franchise since they still haven't been able to get over the hump of not winning the superbowl. These guys play for the love of the game and the money. They don't stand up and say I'm going to save the frachise. It's funny to hear all this talk about how one single player saved this franchise. The ****ty part is i've never heard one fan be this grateful to jim kelly as much as flutie.

STAMPY
05-01-2005, 10:19 PM
some of you are very ungrateful. if this city lost its team. you'd be crying.

regardless of your hate for the guy. you do owe him a thank you

chernobylwraiths
05-01-2005, 11:43 PM
I don't usually do this but :liar: That's called a typical Flakism. Bashing RJ doesn't help the midget's case. No one will argue that RJ didn't suck. That doesn't excuse being a locker room problem. The only QB on the team back then with an ounce of class was AVP

Call me a flake if you want, but Flutie was a much better QB. He got completely screwed for that Tennessee playoff game regardless of if we should have won or not at the end.

BTW, I believe the only reason there was a division in the lockeroom is because half the guys knew RJ sucked and knew their best chance to win was with DF. You think they WANTED to lose?

chernobylwraiths
05-01-2005, 11:51 PM

I guess when the team makes two straight playoff appearances, the first thing you should do is dump the starting QB. You don't think he had a right to be pissed? OK, so he didn't take his demotion well and *****ed a bit, too ***** bad. Not all players are saints when they get demoted. As a matter of fact, most aren't. They should have cut him right then if it was killing the team. Stupid move, everyone knows it and so does everyone in the league. But sure blame it all on DF.

The_Philster
05-02-2005, 04:58 AM
I guess when the team makes two straight playoff appearances, the first thing you should do is dump the starting QB. You don't think he had a right to be pissed? OK, so he didn't take his demotion well and *****ed a bit, too ***** bad. Not all players are saints when they get demoted. As a matter of fact, most aren't. They should have cut him right then if it was killing the team. Stupid move, everyone knows it and so does everyone in the league. But sure blame it all on DF.

Maybe you should take a step back and read the posts before you comment please...no one said it was all Flutie
The only QB on the team back then with an ounce of class was AVP They were both little crybabies who should've been cut!! I don't give a crap whether a player likes being demoted. What he should've done is shut the **** up for the sake of the team. And he *****ed more than a bit. He shot off his mouth saying we would've won had he played. How could he know that? Was he going to play in place of Porter on the KO coverage? Yeah, he had been working himself out of his mideseason slump when he got benched but how do we know he wasn't going to revert right back in the playoff game?

Jayhawk
05-02-2005, 06:10 AM
who was better Flutie or Bledsoe to you guys?

SABURZFAN
05-02-2005, 06:48 AM

:lolpoint: Philster

Mr.Right
05-02-2005, 07:38 AM
....comparing apples and oranges!
I will say that BOTH probably accomplished more in their careers than everyone's 'hero', Jim Kelly....
:shocked:
...and they put HIM in the Hall Of Fame?!?!?
:idunno:

Michael82
05-02-2005, 08:02 AM
some of you are very ungrateful. if this city lost its team. you'd be crying.

regardless of your hate for the guy. you do owe him a thank you
OMG, I actually agree with u?!?! :shocked:

Great post, man! :bf1:

Michael82
05-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Maybe you should take a step back and read the posts before you comment please...no one said it was all Flutie They were both little crybabies who should've been cut!! I don't give a crap whether a player likes being demoted. What he should've done is shut the **** up for the sake of the team. And he *****ed more than a bit. He shot off his mouth saying we would've won had he played. How could he know that? Was he going to play in place of Porter on the KO coverage? Yeah, he had been working himself out of his mideseason slump when he got benched but how do we know he wasn't going to revert right back in the playoff game?
I'll still say it. If Doug Flutie didn't get ****ed over by Wade Phillips and Ralph Wilson for the AFC Wild Card game in Tennessee that Doug Flutie earned, and actually started the game...the Bills would have won. I was not impressed by Rob Johnson in that game. He made some good plays, but we still lost! Flutie was the leader of that team all year and led them to the record they got. The Bills would have won with their leader. I have no problem with Flutie talking **** either. Everyone knows that he got screwed when they put RJ as the starter because he looked good for one meaningless game against Indy. I think Flutie said what he said because it hurt him. He worked his ass off for that team and then he loses his start for a playoff game that him and the team earned? That's bull****! I'd be pissed too and would have let it be known too. Losing makes a big difference. If the Bills won that game, Flutie would have kept his mouth shut. i guarantee. Look at the Patriots first Super Bowl...if Tom Brady lost the playoff game and never took his team to the super Bowl...Bledsoe would have *****ed like crazy and the team would have been split. Winning cures all!

justasportsfan
05-02-2005, 08:27 AM
2 things
Never said he wasn't
and that's pretty sad :ill:

2 things
You were a Johnsonite
You were a DLC member AKA Drewid.

Not a very good qb evaluator Phil. :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
05-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Maybe you should take a step back and read the posts before you comment please...no one said it was all Flutie They were both little crybabies who should've been cut!! I don't give a crap whether a player likes being demoted. What he should've done is shut the **** up for the sake of the team. And he *****ed more than a bit. He shot off his mouth saying we would've won had he played. How could he know that? Was he going to play in place of Porter on the KO coverage? Yeah, he had been working himself out of his mideseason slump when he got benched but how do we know he wasn't going to revert right back in the playoff game?

It would be nice if either or both of them weren't crying about not playing but like I said, it rarely happens. Also, what is wrong with him thinking that they would have won had he been the QB? That is the kind of attitude you want in a QB isn't it? I bet Flutie wouldn't have taken the sack in the endzone that RJ did. Our offense was crap until the very end of the game for the most part. Of course I also thought the officials screwed up on several calls throughout the game including a crucial sideline pass caught by Peerless that they nullified.

justasportsfan
05-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Also, what is wrong with him thinking that they would have won had he been the QB? That is the kind of attitude you want in a QB isn't it? Nope, he'd rather have a quiet qb who just stays back and takes a sack. Rob and Drew.

chernobylwraiths
05-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Nope, he'd rather have a quiet qb who just stays back and takes a sack. Rob and Drew.

At least Drew could finish the game. Drew's faults weren't addressed properly IMO. When we got him, we knew he was immobile and he needed a very good Oline in front of him. I knew without it he would struggle. Oh well, let's hope Losman has a little of Kelly's toughness, Fluties "magic" :D and Bledsoe's durability. A little of Montana's brains and talent woudn't hurt either.

Michael82
05-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Oh well, let's hope Losman has a little of Kelly's toughness, Fluties "magic" :D and Bledsoe's durability. A little of Montana's brains and talent woudn't hurt either.
Don't forget about Brady's leadership. :up:

chernobylwraiths
05-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Don't forget about Brady's leadership. :up:

We don't need to bring HIS name up. Kelly and Montana were just as good at leadership.

Kerr
05-02-2005, 11:06 AM
shrimp - nickname got your Mr. Johnson-Unknown poster.

That's someone one negged me for calling flutie a shrimp. You see how sensitive some of these people are with this guy. It's pathetic.

You people defending flutie for mouthing out to the media for getting benched would scold any other other player out there for same thing. You'd say, "Shut the **** up and stop your whining". But because it was flutie, and you're still grateful to him, you'll give him a pass for unwrongfully getting benched. Yes, it was wrong to bench flutie like that, but a "great" team player keeps his mouth shut to the media. Did he do that? NO. He's far from a great team player. Anything he says about helping other qb's out is taken with a grain of salt. Doug Flutie is only out for himself. Some of his fans even credit him for Drew Bree's late development? Oh yeah, it took years for flutie to mentor Brees. As far as Brady is concerned, there's nothing brady can learn from flutie. If anything, flutie should learn how to be a true team player from brady.

Bulldog
05-02-2005, 11:29 AM

Wegmans pulled their sponsership of TC because they wanted to increase the purse for the Wegmans Rochester LPGA to try and attract more of the big name players. It had nothing to do with Flutie being cut.

mybills
05-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Flutie.

Michael82
05-02-2005, 11:50 AM
Wegmans pulled their sponsership of TC because they wanted to increase the purse for the Wegmans Rochester LPGA to try and attract more of the big name players. It had nothing to do with Flutie being cut.
Don't fool yourself. They will deny it, but Flutie was a huge spokesman for Wegmans. if the Bills kept Flutie...Wegmans would have kept their sponsorship going. Although it wasn't the only reason or even the main reason, it was one reason. Another one was because they were looking to expand down into PA near Philly and down south farther and with a partnership like that, it wouldn't attract the local fans. I heard that they had a McNabb's favorite Sub near the Philly area.

The_Philster
05-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Nope, he'd rather have a quiet qb who just stays back and takes a sack. Rob and Drew.No...Actually I'd rather a player who puts the team first. If he wants to complain, complain to Wade...not the media. All Doug did was make a mess out of the QB position by shooting off his mouth. Team stuff like that should stay within the team. Then, rather than keeping quiet and making Flutie look like the only idiot, RJ fought back through the media. Someone on the team should've grabbed both of them and smashed their empty heads together for that ****!!

chernobylwraiths
05-02-2005, 06:03 PM
No...Actually I'd rather a player who puts the team first. If he wants to complain, complain to Wade...not the media. All Doug did was make a mess out of the QB position by shooting off his mouth. Team stuff like that should stay within the team. Then, rather than keeping quiet and making Flutie look like the only idiot, RJ fought back through the media. Someone on the team should've grabbed both of them and smashed their empty heads together for that ****!!

Must not have liked Bruce Smith then.

The_Philster
05-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Must not have liked Bruce Smith then.

Actually, I loved BRUCE. I don't remember him ever saying he was the only thing we needed to win games..which is what the runt implied.

chernobylwraiths
05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Actually, I loved BRUCE. I don't remember him ever saying he was the only thing we needed to win games..which is what the runt implied.

Really?! He implied that he was the only thing the Bills needed?! Now I know you are just a Flutie hater. You said you hated players that *****ed and whined and never put the team first. Bruce who was a great player, always put stats first (stayed in the game until he had over 200 and more than Reggie White) always complained about his salary (remember the big problem when big Ted had a higher salary ) and never made it to training camp on time or practiced ( a lot of players complained).

Saying he implied that only with him could the Bills win is a lie. MAYBE he implied that he was a better QB and had a BETTER chance to win but that would be different. On that count he would be correct.

The_Philster
05-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Saying we would've won if only he had played isn't implying that he was all we needed? ok...if you say so. As far as hating Flutie..to a point, I do. You had so-called Bills fans rooting for injuries just to see him come on the field. You have people claiming he was the reason we made the playoffs in 99 when in fact he nearly stopped us from going. Had he not finally played himself out of that midseason slump, we might have missed the playoffs. He sucked in the middle of the 99 season and I don't see how anyone can keep ignoring that. The little runt shot off his mouth to the press instead of keeping stuff in-house. That's not a problem? Remember '89 and the Bickering Bills? The little jerkoff almost brought that back. The divisiveness that he and RJ brought to the locker room made us laughingstocks. :down:

BTW, as much as BRUCE whined and complained, he still didn't pull the stunt that the runt did.

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Really?! He implied that he was the only thing the Bills needed?! Now I know you are just a Flutie hater. You said you hated players that *****ed and whined and never put the team first. Bruce who was a great player, always put stats first (stayed in the game until he had over 200 and more than Reggie White) always complained about his salary (remember the big problem when big Ted had a higher salary ) and never made it to training camp on time or practiced ( a lot of players complained).

Saying he implied that only with him could the Bills win is a lie. MAYBE he implied that he was a better QB and had a BETTER chance to win but that would be different. On that count he would be correct.Im not a fan of Flutie, but i have to chalk one up for Cher. Bruce was selfish, but Flutie was the quarterback of the team. His me first attitude made national waves because the quarterback is looked at as the most important player on the team. Bruce never broke a team apart. Flutie did, Johnson had a part to play in it too, but you can't split the team in two, thats what Flutie and Johnson did.

The_Philster
05-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Kelly was cocky and sometimes had a big mouth...but other than during the Bickering Bills fiasco, he didn't badmouth his teammates to the press...and even then it was just a few players...he didn't basically say the team sucked without him. Flutie was a novelty act...brought some excitement for a year...aggravation for another...and disgust and laughter (directed at the Bills) after that. He couldn't hold Kelly's jock

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Kelly was cocky and sometimes had a big mouth...but other than during the Bickering Bills fiasco, he didn't badmouth his teammates to the press...and even then it was just a few players...he didn't basically say the team sucked without him. Flutie was a novelty act...brought some excitement for a year...aggravation for another...and disgust and laughter (directed at the Bills) after that. He couldn't hold Kelly's jock
:posrep:
Flutie and Kelly should never be in the same sentence.

chernobylwraiths
05-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Im not a fan of Flutie, but i have to chalk one up for Cher. Bruce was selfish, but Flutie was the quarterback of the team. His me first attitude made national waves because the quarterback is looked at as the most important player on the team. Bruce never broke a team apart. Flutie did, Johnson had a part to play in it too, but you can't split the team in two, thats what Flutie and Johnson did.

Major difference being that one guy was winning and got benched for a guy with "more potential" who ended up sucking. The team will start to fall apart when the team starts losing. That is when we started having problems.

chernobylwraiths
05-02-2005, 08:04 PM

I remember a LOT of people were calling for Frank to play because Kelly was such a jerk. Marv knew though that it would be stupid to bench the better QB. I remember even in the playoff run after the "greatest comeback" when Kelly was ready to come back that there were a lot of people that wanted Reich to finish the playoffs. Kelly though, knew he never had to worry about losing his job. I bet if Kelly lost his job to Reich during some of his poor stretches, he would have been the FIRST to call out the coach and some of his teammates. Winning is the cure. The Bills were winning, sometimes despite a poor QB performance with Flutie. The fact was they were winning, when they pulled the switch, that all stopped. Too bad Flutie didn't want to just sit there and lose like a good little soldier. I still laugh at people who jump on Flutie for the comment he made about thinking they would have won had he been the QB. When posed with a question of "Do you think the Bills would have won the game had YOU been playing instead?" what the hell do you think anybody is gonna say? Of COURSE he is going to say yes. Yes, he could have been more diplomatic about it (and I'm not sure he wasn't, I never saw the whole interview) but it all boils down to he felt he had more to bring to the table, and he did. I would expect AVP to have said that he thinks the Bills would have won if he had started at QB too.

I got one other one for you. There is a certain HOF quarterback that was injured and was replaced. When he came back off injury, the backup was doing quite well. There was a big QB controvercy and eventually the HOF QB was sent packing. As much of a nice guy as this HOF QB was he did not play the good little soldier and sit back while the other guy played. He might not have been extremely public about it, but it was well known. Do you know who I'm talking about?

I am also in no way compairing the two, just the situations.

justasportsfan
05-02-2005, 08:13 PM
RJ fought back through the media.Hmm, defending the China doll. No! He blamed his OL through the media and Flutie wasn't even here anymore. So while you're hatin on the midget, the idiot you supported was guilty of that too. I don't see you going off on him when his name is mentioned like you do w/ Flutie. Why is that? Oh yeah , you're a Johnsonite.

I don't care if Flutie blasted Rob. Rob took a shot at the city as well and yet all you say is, "he sucks" while you go on and on about Flutie. Your true colors are showing Johsonite. Hey, what's he doing these days. Don't you run his website ? :D

The_Philster
05-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Hmm, defending the China doll. No! He blamed his OL through the media and Flutie wasn't even here anymore. So while you're hatin on the midget, the idiot you supported was guilty of that too. I don't see you going off on him when his name is mentioned like you do w/ Flutie. Why is that? Oh yeah , you're a Johnsonite.

Read the post you quoted before you comment on it please :rolleyes: They were both ****ing idiots ...and do I have to keep repeating myself?

them referring to Bledsoe and Johnson...debating can be fun but when you put words in my mouth or simply refuse to read what I just posted, it becomes stupid

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-02-2005, 08:43 PM
nah....
Flutie is a "team player" :D: He will learn a lot just by watching 'the master', Tom Brady! :clap:
I'm sure he is looking forward to the great opportunity he's been given! :up:

Flutie is NOT a team player sure he may be a good guy off the field but on the field he's a ME! type of player. When he was here he split the locker room in 1/2 and whined to Wade Philips to let him start

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 10:21 PM
Who cares about all this stuff its in the past, Flutie is still short, and Rocks the Mullet, Rob is a moron, who doesn't get the concept of throwing the ball away. He can't walk from his house to car without getting his name added to the injury list. The only thing he ever did right was win the superbowl as a backup for Tampa. Thats what i want to do here, win. I love to talking about numbers 7 and 11. If its in the context of Losman hits Parrish deep for a touchdown.

We were all wrong about the quarterbacks, move on.:buddies::usflag::peace: Bills fans unit.

Kerr
05-03-2005, 12:16 AM
Back in time:
http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/qbrels_pollock_090500.asp

"In the minds of Flutie fans, the Bills still lost. They got more ammunition when, in an interview on Canadian television, Flutie allowed, "I honestly believe that if I would have been playing, we could have … would have won."

"Johnson responded, "If he was covering kicks, maybe (laughs) ... maybe he could have been in there on the final play."

"I think that (what Flutie said) was more of an insult to the entire team. That’s just the type of guy Doug is. He’s not much fun to play with — you just have to deal with it."

As for Flutie’s comments, Johnson reiterated, "It was insulting to me personally, but as a team you have to feel that there are 21 other guys out there making plays. We’re a unit. We’re 53 guys. To say one would have made the difference …"

How could any justify flutie's comments after such a big loss? I don't care if he felt confident about what he brought to the table. His comments are moot considering the game had been won. Rj, in a flutie-like manner, found a way to help lead a comeback, which he did. The teams suffers one of the worst losses a team could endure, yet he decides to bring his soapdish to the media. You piss teammates off, and you make yourself sound bigger than the team. A lot of players would have just sidetracked the question. One thing I'll never get is that when flutie leads a comeback and falls short, you'll never hear anyone rip him for not winning. It's "Wow, did you see that", "he almost pulled if off!", "He's incredible". He didn't get jack after the loss to Miami in the wild card game in which he fumbled because everyone still loved him. Yet, when rj pulls a flutie and falls short in the Music city miracle, everyone rips him apart. This is what i'm talking about when I say flutie followers are brainwashed. Everything's one sided. I'll never deny flutie was a resilient talent, but the guy maximized his talent as being a Class A jackass. The team was missing three starters on the offensive line and were going up against one of the top rated defenses starring the freak. He was probably drinking before the game if he thought he could have done much better. I'm just glad I don't miss any of these guys.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 04:45 AM
:10:

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 11:15 AM
Back in time:
http://archive.profootballweekly.com/content/archives/features_2000/qbrels_pollock_090500.asp

"In the minds of Flutie fans, the Bills still lost. They got more ammunition when, in an interview on Canadian television, Flutie allowed, "I honestly believe that if I would have been playing, we could have … would have won."

"Johnson responded, "If he was covering kicks, maybe (laughs) ... maybe he could have been in there on the final play."

"I think that (what Flutie said) was more of an insult to the entire team. That’s just the type of guy Doug is. He’s not much fun to play with — you just have to deal with it."

As for Flutie’s comments, Johnson reiterated, "It was insulting to me personally, but as a team you have to feel that there are 21 other guys out there making plays. We’re a unit. We’re 53 guys. To say one would have made the difference …"

How could any justify flutie's comments after such a big loss? I don't care if he felt confident about what he brought to the table. His comments are moot considering the game had been won. Rj, in a flutie-like manner, found a way to help lead a comeback, which he did. The teams suffers one of the worst losses a team could endure, yet he decides to bring his soapdish to the media. You piss teammates off, and you make yourself sound bigger than the team. A lot of players would have just sidetracked the question. One thing I'll never get is that when flutie leads a comeback and falls short, you'll never hear anyone rip him for not winning. It's "Wow, did you see that", "he almost pulled if off!", "He's incredible". He didn't get jack after the loss to Miami in the wild card game in which he fumbled because everyone still loved him. Yet, when rj pulls a flutie and falls short in the Music city miracle, everyone rips him apart. This is what i'm talking about when I say flutie followers are brainwashed. Everything's one sided. I'll never deny flutie was a resilient talent, but the guy maximized his talent as being a Class A jackass. The team was missing three starters on the offensive line and were going up against one of the top rated defenses starring the freak. He was probably drinking before the game if he thought he could have done much better. I'm just glad I don't miss any of these guys.

Johnson sucked, Flutie was better. Pure logic will tell you if you put a better QB in there that the team would have a better chance to win. Flutie didn't diss the whole team, just Johnson. I'm not saying there weren't people out there giving DF too much credit for wins, but conversely there were a whole lot of people giving Bledsoe (and Johnson too) too much of the blame for the losses as well. It is a team game, but having said that, any game can turn on one play or player.

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 12:20 PM
:lolpoint:
debating can be fun but when you put words in my mouth or simply refuse to read what I just posted, it becomes stupid

Kerr
05-03-2005, 12:56 PM
Johnson sucked, Flutie was better. Pure logic will tell you if you put a better QB in there that the team would have a better chance to win. Flutie didn't diss the whole team, just Johnson. I'm not saying there weren't people out there giving DF too much credit for wins, but conversely there were a whole lot of people giving Bledsoe (and Johnson too) too much of the blame for the losses as well. It is a team game, but having said that, any game can turn on one play or player. Johnson was below average, flutie was average. Pure logic has nothing to do with it. Doug Flutie does not have the best track record against top rated defenses. What made him think or anyone else think he would have brought a win to the team? The offense with flutie as the starter averaged about 21 points a game all the seaons he's been here. You're telling me that makes you feel better against a team like the Titans back then? The move should not have been made based on the fact that the team was winning with flutie at the helm, but regardless, the team had a win with johnson as the starter. The switch is moot because of the fact johnson at that time showed he could help lead a team back from behind, like flutie. With his comments flutie pissed off the wrong people, including the owner. His comments after the game were not directed at johnson, but unless he could cover kicks, there was nothing he could have done at the end of that game to change the outcome. Like I said, johnson did his job with the infamous one shoe scramble. Flutie would have gotten creamed back there with all the injuries on the line and the freak coming after him.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 03:21 PM
:lolpoint:

:huh: You like laughing at the fact you lost a debate? You couldn't debate anymore so you chose to ignore what I had just said...you lost

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 03:53 PM
:huh: You like laughing at the fact you lost a debate? You couldn't debate anymore so you chose to ignore what I had just said...you lostWhat debate was that? That Flutie was better than your boy Rob? that you go nuts when someone says something good about Flutie and yet you say nothing more than "rob sucks" when someone's mentions his name?

So what if someone gives props to Flutie. He as a back-up who climbed his way to the top. I was never a Flutie fan but I have respect for his athletic abilities despite his "SHORT comings". He was a bright spot on the field when the team was at it's low.

It's not about how bad or good Flutie was that I find funny. It's your committment to tell peoplehow bad of a person he was in the locker room that is. Get over it Phil. People like the midget for their own reasons. Why is it your job to tell them he was a joke. You are starting sound like Wys when it comes to Flutie.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 04:16 PM
What debate was that? That Flutie was better than your boy Rob? that you go nuts when someone says something good about Flutie and yet you say nothing more than "rob sucks" when someone's mentions his name?That's been explained...repeatedly

So what if someone gives props to Flutie. He as a back-up who climbed his way to the top. I was never a Flutie fan but I have respect for his athletic abilities despite his "SHORT comings". He was a bright spot on the field when the team was at it's low.

It's not about how bad or good Flutie was that I find funny. It's your committment to tell peoplehow bad of a person he was in the locker room that is. Get over it Phil. People like the midget for their own reasons. cause he was cute? :idunno:
Why is it your job to tell them he was a joke. You are starting sound like Wys when it comes to Flutie.and why do we have to continue to hear people wish he were back? Why do we have to hear people make the ridiculous statement that he'd be a great mentor? We should be happy both of those losers are gone and I'll be happy as hell to see him get drilled into the turf if the Flakes get their way and Brady is benched in favor of him.

DynaPaul
05-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Let's face facts here - neither QB's were the answer for the franchise. Neither of them were taking us to the big game. Flutie was great and all as a novelty QB. Johnson plain stunk but we didn't lose the playoff game on account of him. We lost on that "Homerun Throwback/Forward Lateral" play. In the end, it doesn't matter because both QBs were CUUUTTTT!!!

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 04:28 PM
That's been explained...repeatedlycause he was cute? :idunno:and why do we have to continue to hear people wish he were back? Why do we have to hear people make the ridiculous statement that he'd be a great mentor? We should be happy both of those losers are gone and I'll be happy as hell to see him get drilled into the turf if the Flakes get their way and Brady is benched in favor of him.
No one is twisting your arm to read threads about Flutie. If Val thinks he's cute than that's her opinion. Sheez. Relax.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 04:32 PM
No one is twisting your arm to read threads about Flutie. If Val thinks he's cute than that's her opinion. Sheez. Relax.

It's your fault...you keep goading me into these debates!! :mad:

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 05:50 PM
It's your fault...you keep goading me into these debates!! :mad: :D

Wys is gone. You're the only Johnsonite left.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 06:24 PM
People conveniently forget that Johnson sucked in that game until the last minutes. All he did was get them in position for Christie to take the lead. It isn't like he had them score a TD. Remember also that Johnson GAVE the Titans two points (lucky for us it wasn't 7) when he fumbled out of the end zone on a sack. Flutie had shown quite a knack at getting out of trouble in situations like that, so we might not have been in as big of a hole at the time. I've tried to say on numerous occasions that it doesn't matter that Johnson brought us back to go ahead in the game, it was partially because of him that we were so far behind to begin with. Well that and the officials who sucked, as usual.

Plus, it always comes back to "his comments" after the game. He was screwed, he was pissed and everyone agrees that he was right in that he was the better QB. So, if Flutie just sits back and says nothing would any of the Flutie haters think better about him? No, and you would be lying if you said you would. The biggest complaint about DF that I have seen is that he took all the credit (which I disagree with) for all the victories and no blame for the losses. That is almost total media crap and a few of his fans that are over the top.

Whatever Flutie felt about the Tennessee game, I think we would have won that game with him under center too. WE might have made the SB then and we had the best defense in the league and might have stopped the Rams.

mybills
05-03-2005, 06:28 PM
:D

:gag:

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 06:28 PM
:roflmao:

No one conveniently forgets that RJ had a horrible game that day for the most part...thing is...his play that day was still on par with what Flutie did the majority of the 99 season...people seem to conveniently forget how poorly he played for a good chunk of that season ;)

Kerr
05-03-2005, 07:15 PM
People conveniently forget that Johnson sucked in that game until the last minutes. All he did was get them in position for Christie to take the lead. It isn't like he had them score a TD. Remember also that Johnson GAVE the Titans two points (lucky for us it wasn't 7) when he fumbled out of the end zone on a sack. Flutie had shown quite a knack at getting out of trouble in situations like that, so we might not have been in as big of a hole at the time. I've tried to say on numerous occasions that it doesn't matter that Johnson brought us back to go ahead in the game, it was partially because of him that we were so far behind to begin with. Well that and the officials who sucked, as usual.

Plus, it always comes back to "his comments" after the game. He was screwed, he was pissed and everyone agrees that he was right in that he was the better QB. So, if Flutie just sits back and says nothing would any of the Flutie haters think better about him? No, and you would be lying if you said you would. The biggest complaint about DF that I have seen is that he took all the credit (which I disagree with) for all the victories and no blame for the losses. That is almost total media crap and a few of his fans that are over the top.

Whatever Flutie felt about the Tennessee game, I think we would have won that game with him under center too. WE might have made the SB then and we had the best defense in the league and might have stopped the Rams.
Who cares if he only got them in fg range and who cares if he didn't play so well in the beginning. Isn't how the player comes back and redeems their play what counts? Flutie didn't really have good starts in many games, but he got all the credit when he staged a comeback in a not so pretty game. Do you honestly believe flutie would have been able to escape a top rated titans D with three starting offensive linemen hurt? He's not superman.

If flutie kept him mouth shut, then there'd wouldn't be so much negative feelings towards him. I'm not sure if you know, but when flutie landed in San Diego he never took blame for his mistakes when San Diego was on their big losing streak. Flutie fumbled and threw costly interceptions.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 07:21 PM
:roflmao:

No one conveniently forgets that RJ had a horrible game that day for the most part...thing is...his play that day was still on par with what Flutie did the majority of the 99 season...people seem to conveniently forget how poorly he played for a good chunk of that season ;)

Yes, I see you keep bringing this up as well. And how does this apply again? Flutie has some bad games. Most QBs do. They still won 10 games with him as QB. All of this without a real starting RB too, or does that not matter? I never claimed Flutie was an all world QB and he certainly couldn't win all by himself, but he was barely given any help that year. Oh wait, now I'm making excuses for him right? They are facts. He should never have been replaced. THEN the point would be moot.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Who cares if he only got them in fg range and who cares if he didn't play so well in the beginning. Isn't how the player comes back and redeems their play what counts? Flutie didn't really have good starts in many games, but he got all the credit when he staged a comeback in a not so pretty game. Do you honestly believe flutie would have been able to escape a top rated titans D with three starting offensive linemen hurt? He's not superman.

If flutie kept him mouth shut, then there'd wouldn't be so much negative feelings towards him. I'm not sure if you know, but when flutie landed in San Diego he never took blame for his mistakes when San Diego was on their big losing streak. Flutie fumbled and threw costly interceptions.

As to the first part, no it isn't how the player comes back to redeem their play that counts, it is if they win. If they lose, it is how much more they could have done, if they win, nobody cares. Yes, I think Flutie could have avoided the rush on a couple of those intances or at least throw the ball away.

I don't care what he did while in SD. I don't care if he never took blame (which I felt I saw on occasions). There have been plenty of players who get a bye on their bad attitudes, I don't see what makes him different.

BAM
05-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Make love to the future.... **** the past.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Yes, I see you keep bringing this up as well. And how does this apply again? Flutie has some bad games. Most QBs do. They still won 10 games with him as QB. All of this without a real starting RB too, or does that not matter? I never claimed Flutie was an all world QB and he certainly couldn't win all by himself, but he was barely given any help that year. Oh wait, now I'm making excuses for him right? They are facts. He should never have been replaced. THEN the point would be moot.:jawdrop: I take it you didn't watch the Bills in 99?...defense carried us that year...we couldn't score on offense with Flutie throwing picks and scrambling instead of throwing to the open WRs. As far as "he should never have been replaced." I won't argue that point...I agree. He finally started playing himself out of his slump when he was benched for the Indy game. Had he been playing at the end of the season the way he played throughout much of the middle of the season...I'd say the move would've been a good one...but he was playing better and shouldn't have been benched. :peace:

Kerr
05-03-2005, 08:03 PM
As to the first part, no it isn't how the player comes back to redeem their play that counts, it is if they win. If they lose, it is how much more they could have done, if they win, nobody cares. Yes, I think Flutie could have avoided the rush on a couple of those intances or at least throw the ball away.

I don't care what he did while in SD. I don't care if he never took blame (which I felt I saw on occasions). There have been plenty of players who get a bye on their bad attitudes, I don't see what makes him different.
Ok, then were you one of the people ripping on flutie in the 98 wildcare game in which he fell short?

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 08:10 PM
I couldn't care if our qb was the biggest pr!ck there was in the entire history as long as we are winning. No one cared when Dilfer was the qb because they kept winning. Obviously , some people would rather have a nice guy at qb than win. Marino was the biggest ME qb but no one cared because he kept winning.

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 08:12 PM
:jawdrop: I take it you didn't watch the Bills in 99?...defense carried us that year...we couldn't score on offense with Flutie throwing picks and scrambling instead of throwing to the open WRs. As far as "he should never have been replaced." I won't argue that point...I agree. He finally started playing himself out of his slump when he was benched for the Indy game. Had he been playing at the end of the season the way he played throughout much of the middle of the season...I'd say the move would've been a good one...but he was playing better and shouldn't have been benched. :peace:
Phil, I'd rather win ugly than lose.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 08:15 PM
I couldn't care if our qb was the biggest pr!ck there was in the entire history as long as we are winning. No one cared when Dilfer was the qb because they kept winning. refresh my memory...where did Dilfer play the year after the Ravens won the SB? :scratch: ;)

Obviously , some people would rather have a nice guy at qb than win. :rolleyes: Kelly could be a real jerk when he wanted to be... he's twice the QB the runt ever was and led the team to more wins...he actually put up some passing yards and passing TDs, too :up:

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 08:18 PM
:jawdrop: I take it you didn't watch the Bills in 99?...defense carried us that year...we couldn't score on offense with Flutie throwing picks and scrambling instead of throwing to the open WRs. As far as "he should never have been replaced." I won't argue that point...I agree. He finally started playing himself out of his slump when he was benched for the Indy game. Had he been playing at the end of the season the way he played throughout much of the middle of the season...I'd say the move would've been a good one...but he was playing better and shouldn't have been benched. :peace:

Defenses have carried a lot of teams to championships. As long as the team was winning, you should not change.

BAM
05-03-2005, 08:19 PM
http://www.rpspecialt.com/flutieflakes.jpg

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Phil, I'd rather win ugly than lose.
Ditto....and QBs throwing away games on stupid plays hurt our chances of winning. If a guy throws interceptions when the WR is covered and scrambles for a few yards when the WRs are wide open, it hurts the team. Personally, I'd rather have the team click on all cylinders and win handily than have to carry a mediocre QB to maybe eek out a win...but I guess that's just me.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Ok, then were you one of the people ripping on flutie in the 98 wildcare game in which he fell short?

No, the team fell short. Moulds fumbling on the long pass early, the refs calling Reed short of the goalline and then throwing him out near the end, Flutie holding on a bit too long at the end. Flutie did have a bad game, but Johnson would have been worse, so what's the point? Always play the best players that you have that will give you the best chance to win.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 08:23 PM
No, the team fell short. Moulds fumbling on the long pass early, the refs calling Reed short of the goalline and then throwing him out near the end, Flutie holding on a bit too long at the end. Flutie did have a bad game, but Johnson would have been worse, so what's the point? Always play the best players that you have that will give you the best chance to win.

so because the alternative would've likely done worse, Flutie is absolved of being ripped on?:scratch: Ok...I gotcha

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 08:24 PM
refresh my memory...where did Dilfer play the year after the Ravens won the SB? :scratch: ;) you are missing my point. He won but he definitely was not gonna take that O any further. Would you be b!tching if we won ugly in a sb if Flutie was our qb? Simple question.

:rolleyes: Kelly could be a real jerk when he wanted to be... he's twice the QB the runt ever was and led the team to more wins...he actually put up some passing yards and passing TDs, too :up: I don't disagree. But who's talking about Kelly?

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 08:25 PM
Ditto....and QBs throwing away games on stupid plays hurt our chances of winning. If a guy throws interceptions when the WR is covered and scrambles for a few yards when the WRs are wide open, it hurts the team. Personally, I'd rather have the team click on all cylinders and win handily than have to carry a mediocre QB to maybe eek out a win...but I guess that's just me.

When is the last team to win all their games in blowouts? Would they happen to have other good players on the team as well?

Nobody is compairing Flutie to Kelly, but they both won for the Bills. I think the majority of Bills fans want to see wins no matter who is under center.

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Ditto....and QBs throwing away games on stupid plays hurt our chances of winning. If a guy throws interceptions when the WR is covered and scrambles for a few yards when the WRs are wide open, it hurts the team. Personally, I'd rather have the team click on all cylinders and win handily than have to carry a mediocre QB to maybe eek out a win...but I guess that's just me.Based on what we had then , Flutie was our best chance of winning games . Do you agree or disagree ? The rpoblem here PHil. is that you get aggravated when people overlook Fluties problems because the TEAM was winning. Like I said, you are starting to sound like wys the way he was w/ Drew.

Bills win!
Wys: Drew sucks.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 08:30 PM
so because the alternative would've likely done worse, Flutie is absolved of being ripped on?:scratch: Ok...I gotcha

I don't rip on players unless they absolutely suck. It is one of today's media things to rip on players for every little bad play they make. Just look at all the crap Bledsoe took during the streak. We would win by 30 points and it would be like, "yeah, but he threw a pick" or "he only threw for 200 yards and 13 completions and had that one that should have been picked". Who the f*** cares?! As long as we win.

Besides, Flutie threw for 360 yards, Moulds had 200, not a terrible day. Yeah, 1 Int, and two fumbles, but he wasn't horrible. Last fumble was the last play of the game too, and he was absolutely drilled on the play. No, I don't fault mostly Flutie for that loss.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 08:31 PM
you are missing my point. He won but he definitely was not gonna take that O any further. Would you be b!tching if we won ugly in a sb if Flutie was our qb? Simple question.
And a good one..and I honestly don't know...tell you what...let's win a SB with JP at QB and playing ugly and I'll get back to you :D
I do know I was getting sick to death of losing some winnable games in mid-season thanks to the screw-ups.

I don't disagree. But who's talking about Kelly?
you're the one talking as if a QB couldn't be a nice guy AND win
Obviously , some people would rather have a nice guy at qb than win. What I posted is what we call an example

When is the last team to win all their games in blowouts? Would they happen to have other good players on the team as well?

Nobody is compairing Flutie to Kelly, but they both won for the Bills. I think the majority of Bills fans want to see wins no matter who is under center.you're completely missing the point

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Based on what we had then , Flutie was our best chance of winning games . Do you agree or disagree ? The rpoblem here PHil. is that you get aggravated when people overlook Fluties problems because the TEAM was winning. Like I said, you are starting to sound like wys the way he was w/ Drew.

Bills win!
Wys: Drew sucks.
so the record books are wrong and we didn't lose those winnable games in mid-99? :jawdrop: What was I watching? :shocked:

I don't rip on players unless they absolutely suck. It is one of today's media things to rip on players for every little bad play they make. Just look at all the crap Bledsoe took during the streak. We would win by 30 points and it would be like, "yeah, but he threw a pick" or "he only threw for 200 yards and 13 completions and had that one that should have been picked". Who the f*** cares?! As long as we win.

Besides, Flutie threw for 360 yards, Moulds had 200, not a terrible day. Yeah, 1 Int, and two fumbles, but he wasn't horrible. Last fumble was the last play of the game too, and he was absolutely drilled on the play. No, I don't fault mostly Flutie for that loss.I don't mostly fault him...but he shared a portion of the blame..as did a lot of players. As far as 3 turnovers, I'd say that's pretty putrid

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 08:36 PM
you're completely missing the point

Dude, I have read everything and I don't think you even have a point except that Johnson sucked and Flutie wasn't that good and had a big mouth. What IS your point?

Personally, I'm glad the Bills got rid of Flutie because with the rebuilding, the Bills would have won more with Flutie and not gotten Mike Williams. Conversely, we also might not have gotten Bledsoe either but then Price wouldn't have had that great season and then...

I wouldn't mind still having Flutie but I'm not heartbroken that he's not here. I'm a Bills fan for goodness sake.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Dude, I have read everything and I don't think you even have a point except that Johnson sucked and Flutie wasn't that good and had a big mouth. What IS your point?That's a pretty good summation...that and the fact that Flutie played poorly enough to help cost us some games in midseason...well, in the 99 season I watched, anyway :idunno:

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
so the record books are wrong and we didn't lose those winnable games in mid-99? :jawdrop: What was I watching? :shocked:
I don't mostly fault him...but he shared a portion of the blame..as did a lot of players. As far as 3 turnovers, I'd say that's pretty putrid

We also won losable games.

I count the last one as like a Hail Mary pass. It counts on the score sheet but it didn't do much. There were five turnovers altogether, so they weren't all his fault, but I don't have a problem with everybody having partial blame.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 08:42 PM
That's a pretty good summation...that and the fact that Flutie played poorly enough to help cost us some games in midseason...well, in the 99 season I watched, anyway :idunno:

You never addressed my point about the lack of a running game in 99. I can take it that he didn't help much in some of the losses. That's only 5 losses though so I guess you had real high expectations.

The_Philster
05-03-2005, 08:46 PM
You never addressed my point about the lack of a running game in 99. I can take it that he didn't help much in some of the losses. That's only 5 losses though so I guess you had real high expectations.Actually, I did address the point about how much help he got...one heck of a defense that year. As far as the running game, I'll agree with you on that. Linton got the bulk of the yards that year...that stupid :curse: running back by committee system was :curse: stupid!!! :mad:

And yeah...I did have some high expectations...I always place high expectations on the Bills...when we do the pickems, I always go for the Bills to win :up:

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-03-2005, 08:54 PM
It's getting kind of sad that we're all flipping out over what happened 6 years ago. To make it more interesting..... Here: If the Bills had a better defense in 98'
and 99' they would have won the Superbowl (Baltimore Ravens style but with a much better offense). Now before you respond and tell me I'm nuts, let's recall how many times the Bills took the ball away in 98' & 99'. Not many. Granted, they were a top 3 defense both years (I think) but I'd be surprised if the Bills were ranked higher than 20th in takeaways. Maybe someone has this info. but I couldn't find it very easily. Good riddance to both Flutie and Johnson. Napolean complexes and stat starved slackers never survive on a team for more than a few years. And how could Kelly and Flutsie even be mentioned in the same sentence? Shame on you. Kelly is far and away the most important player in Bills history. Putting aside all the talent, he was a pure-bred leader that commanded and deserved the respect of everyone around him. Flutie cannot hold a candle to him and I'm gagging as I write this.

Kerr
05-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Oh, so now it's the team who fell short? That just embraces it. Had flutie helped stage a comeback, he would have gotten all the credit in the world, yet he coughs up the ball towards the end and it's the team that fell short.
I wonder if the bills had held on against the titans, would you still be saying the bills should have started flutie?

camelcowboy
05-04-2005, 12:06 AM
:D

Im was a Rob Johnson fan, with a little rehab now i can lead a normal life. :baghead:

I suggest that all of you Mulletians, move on. we have a new number seven.

justasportsfan
05-04-2005, 08:07 AM
We made playoffs didn't we? Your actions at the start of 2004 contradict your thoughts on 99. Werent you still supporting or high on Drew at the start of 2004 despite Drew having a more horrible 2003 season than Flutie's 99?

Get over it Phil. Inspite of what your opinions are of Flutie, 98 and 99 (til present) were the best seasons the bills have had since losing Kelly. If people respect him for being part of those 2 seasons I don't see what the problem is.

You're the only one making it hard on yourself by annointing yourself as the official Flutie hater. I really think deep inside , you're a Flake. :snicker:

Kerr
05-04-2005, 10:35 AM
Hey justasportsfan, i've got the whole collection of bean on dvd. You have to get it if you haven't yet. Funny stuff.

BAM
05-04-2005, 11:42 AM
It's getting kind of sad that we're all flipping out over what happened 6 years ago.

Some people just can't let it go.

(95% of those in this thread)

justasportsfan
05-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey justasportsfan, i've got the whole collection of bean on dvd. You have to get it if you haven't yet. Funny stuff.Who's that?

Got it :up:

The_Philster
05-04-2005, 03:09 PM
We made playoffs didn't we? Your actions at the start of 2004 contradict your thoughts on 99. Werent you still supporting or high on Drew at the start of 2004 despite Drew having a more horrible 2003 season than Flutie's 99?More revisionist history. I was cautiously optimistic hoping that Drew would bounce back after getting out of Gilbride's offense