From the AP wire, no link:

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) … Bills rookie tight end Kevin
Everett was carted off the field after twisting his left leg in
practice Friday.
Everett, Buffalo's third-round pick in last weekend's NFL
draft, was hurt when he made a catch and his foot appeared to
stick in the turf when he planted to turn up field. He sat on
the ground in obvious pain, slapping the turf in frustration,
before the team's trainers helped lift him into a cart.
Coach Mike Mularkey had no immediate update on Everett's
injury, which occurred late in the second of two practices as
the Bills opened a three-day mandatory minicamp.

Pride
04-29-2005, 05:24 PM
Where was Troy?

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Great.

Dicknoze69
04-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Just saw this on the news. No word on the injury yet. Here's hoping he's okay.

Kerr
04-29-2005, 05:27 PM
so what else is new.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2005, 05:28 PM
That does not sound good.

LtFinFan66
04-29-2005, 05:28 PM
That blows!! Hope it is not serious. Hate to see anyone injured even from a rival team!

RedEyE
04-29-2005, 05:29 PM
WTF?

Mr. Cynical
04-29-2005, 05:57 PM
If I were a TE I would never come to Buffalo. The TE curse is alive and well it seems. :(

The_Philster
04-29-2005, 06:17 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story.asp?ID=123292

Tatonka
04-29-2005, 06:22 PM
TE.. knee injury?

NO

Slim
04-29-2005, 06:32 PM
i was kind of exited to wacth this kid play, thats to bad

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2005, 06:33 PM
I predict torn ACL out for the year.

Pride
04-29-2005, 06:35 PM
I assume he wasn't signed to a contract..... so how does that work? Do we not sign him this year? I am thinking that this doesnt cost the Bills a dime?

The_Philster
04-29-2005, 06:37 PM
They always got some kind of compensation just in case something like this happens, I think

Tatonka
04-29-2005, 06:43 PM
this happened to bob sanders.. the safety from iowa that got drafted in the 2nd round by cleveland last season.. they still pay him the average contract from that slot.

THATHURMANATOR
04-29-2005, 06:54 PM
I thought Bob Sanders was on the Colts last year?

The_Philster
04-29-2005, 06:57 PM
I thought Bob Sanders was on the Colts last year?

He was http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2004#round2

ddaryl
04-29-2005, 06:59 PM
I assume he wasn't signed to a contract..... so how does that work? Do we not sign him this year? I am thinking that this doesnt cost the Bills a dime?
They sign an agreement which covers them under the Bills insurance I do believe

Turf
04-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Wonderful, just wonderful.
TD sucks. Another poor draft. There, I got that off my chest in 5 easy words, now I can move on.

Philagape
04-29-2005, 08:37 PM
TD sucks. Another poor draft. There, I got that off my chest in 5 easy words, now I can move on.

It's TD's fault that Everett got injured?

Ickybaluky
04-29-2005, 08:51 PM

Usually, draft picks sign an injury waiver to participate in minicamp. As part of the standard waiver, the team agrees to pay him a market contract if he is injured.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-29-2005, 08:55 PM
this happened to bob sanders.. the safety from iowa that got drafted in the 2nd round by cleveland last season.. they still pay him the average contract from that slot.
You're talking about Sean Jones...

Hopefully Everett is ok and ready for opening day

MTBillsFan
04-29-2005, 09:01 PM
Oh well, Hopefully, he's not injured to badly...this just means we'll have to get a TE after June 1 cuts?

dannyek71
04-29-2005, 09:20 PM
the one pos we need players at

Dicknoze69
04-29-2005, 09:50 PM
Let's wait to hear a real diagnosis before we jump off the ship

wchutalkinboutwillis
04-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Big deal. Coming in, he was the 4th TE anyway. Campbell & Euhus (who were progressing very, very well in their recovery), backed up by Neufeld (who was a quality 3rd TE). I'm paraphrasing TD, of course.

He's another McGahee or JP. Take the first year off and learn the playbook. I cannot tell whether I'm sarcastic or genuine. TD can make you think that way. Or, perhaps, too many Molson's have been consumed this Friday night. Let me know.

LtFinFan66
04-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Big deal. Coming in, he was the 4th TE anyway. Campbell & Euhus (who were progressing very, very well in their recovery), backed up by Neufeld (who was a quality 3rd TE). I'm paraphrasing TD, of course.

He's another McGahee or JP. Take the first year off and learn the playbook. I cannot tell whether I'm sarcastic or genuine. TD can make you think that way. Or, perhaps, too many Molson's have been consumed this Friday night. Let me know.Dude, wasn't he like the 2nd guy you guys drafted this year(3rd round)?? I would be a little more upset about this injury.

wchutalkinboutwillis
04-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah. I could be a little more upset. But as I mentioned, contrary what some folks may believe, there is some depth at this position. Don't get all upset because you miss Mr. Jay "Big Ears" Feidler.

Marvelous
04-29-2005, 10:30 PM
That sucks. But as mentioned above " we have depth". I like Neufeld just in case we need him. As of now he's the only healthy TE we have :lmao:

Turf
04-29-2005, 10:31 PM
It's TD's fault that Everett got injured?

Yeah, like it's your fault you are where you are.

LtFinFan66
04-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah. I could be a little more upset. But as I mentioned, contrary what some folks may believe, there is some depth at this position. Don't get all upset because you miss Mr. Jay "Big Ears" Feidler.What does Fiedler have to do with this?? Unlike you, I would care if the guy we had just used our 3rd round pick(2nd total pick) got hurt. Depth or not!!

wchutalkinboutwillis
04-29-2005, 10:52 PM
Jeepers Creepers, Mr. Mercury Morris!!!!!! Please do not misunderstand me. I love dolphins as much as I love Lake Erie carp. Lovely creatures, really. As you know, injuries are very much a part of professional sports. I think the good GM's make their draft decisions, at least partly, on how well players can deal and recover with physical injury. ie. wchutalkinboiutWillis McGahee. Granted, McGahee's injury prognosis was cloudy, yet better defined than what we have here with the newcomer, Chris Everett. However, I'm not sure that any of us really know anything about this injury. It may very well be nothing.

juice
04-29-2005, 11:37 PM
Jeepers Creepers, Mr. Mercury Morris!!!!!! Please do not misunderstand me. I love dolphins as much as I love Lake Erie carp. Lovely creatures, really. As you know, injuries are very much a part of professional sports. I think the good GM's make their draft decisions, at least partly, on how well players can deal and recover with physical injury. ie. wchutalkinboiutWillis McGahee. Granted, McGahee's injury prognosis was cloudy, yet better defined than what we have here with the newcomer, Chris Everett. However, I'm not sure that any of us really know anything about this injury. It may very well be nothing.A knee injury is never good, at the least it usually requires scoping which can be tough because it can turn into a Troy Vincent type recovery.. a slow process.

camelcowboy
04-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Yeah....TD ran out on to the field with a pipe and pulled a Tanya Harding.

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/tvshows/cy/puppets/special_ed_a3.jpg Turf :down:

tampabay25690
04-30-2005, 12:18 AM
Yeah. I could be a little more upset. But as I mentioned, contrary what some folks may believe, there is some depth at this position. Don't get all upset because you miss Mr. Jay "Big Ears" Feidler.

WHO ARE YOU ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!

venis2k1
04-30-2005, 01:26 AM
:blamelog:

Jan Reimers
04-30-2005, 06:19 AM
I'll wait for a medical update before writing him off for the season.

mysticsoto
04-30-2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah, like it's your fault you are where you are.
Are you being sarcastic??? B'cse otherwise, I can't tell why or even what you are saying!!!

DynaPaul
04-30-2005, 08:28 AM
We're not having much luck with TE's lately. Hopefully it's just a sprain and he'll be back in action prior to the season.

It's times like these that I miss Pete Metzelars.

jamze132
04-30-2005, 09:13 AM
We won't have a prognosis until probably today. But I hope it's nothing serious, maybe just a twisted knee with no damage. It has happened to me before. I would have swore that I tore up my knee, I couldn't put any pressure on it, and after a couple days, its just stopped hurting and I was able to get back out there. After a couple of weeks, you couldn't tell it was ever hurt.

Lets hope it's not serious.

gobuffalo2007
04-30-2005, 10:39 AM
the curse of the bills TE continues........

Ferrygoat
04-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Jeepers Creepers, Mr. Mercury Morris!!!!!! Please do not misunderstand me. I love dolphins as much as I love Lake Erie carp. Lovely creatures, really. As you know, injuries are very much a part of professional sports. I think the good GM's make their draft decisions, at least partly, on how well players can deal and recover with physical injury. ie. wchutalkinboiutWillis McGahee. Granted, McGahee's injury prognosis was cloudy, yet better defined than what we have here with the newcomer, Chris Everett. However, I'm not sure that any of us really know anything about this injury. It may very well be nothing.

Whos is Chris Everett? The tight end we drafted this year is Kevin Everett

wchutalkinboutwillis
04-30-2005, 01:27 PM
I'm happy someone caught it. I was making an off-handed reference to Chris Everett, the great female tennis star of the 80's. Remember when Jim Rome interviewed Jim Everett of the old LA Rams? For whatever reason, Rome kept calling him Chris Everett. Jim eventually got pretty ticked and threatened violence if he referred to him as Chris one more time. Rome immediately called him Chris and Jim knocked him out of his chair and put him in a choke hold. Classic ESPN footage.

ParanoidAndroid
04-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Just to clear things up.....

This is Chris Evert
http://www.chrisevert.net/evertmuseum4.jpg

This is Kevin Everett
http://www.billszone.com/mtimages/2005draft/te/Everett123_1_1.jpg

.....And this is what happens when you call football players with the last name Everett, "Chris."
http://http://www.big-boys.com/articles/jimeverett.html

Tatonka
04-30-2005, 01:42 PM
i would do her.

DraftBoy
04-30-2005, 02:38 PM
i would do her.

Thats dirty :down:

Tatonka
04-30-2005, 02:52 PM
lawn.. i would do her lawn...

Tom D
04-30-2005, 03:17 PM
lawn.. i would do her lawn...

And If Billie Jean King calls in sick, I'll trim the bushes

:brush:

:sorry:

Tom D
04-30-2005, 03:20 PM
Yeah....TD ran out on to the field with a pipe and pulled a Tanya Harding.

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/tvshows/cy/puppets/special_ed_a3.jpg Turf :down:

If I knew how to give rep- I'd send you a good one. :lmao:

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 11:51 AM
lol thanks anyway thought that counts. My satisfaction is knowing that im not the only one that thinks turf takes the little yellow bus to school.

The_Philster
05-02-2005, 03:19 PM

click on this under his post http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/bzstyle2/buttons/reputation.gif and it's a snap from there