PDA

View Full Version : Patriots To Finish Last In The Division

Typ0
04-29-2005, 07:34 PM
you heard it here first.

superbills
04-29-2005, 07:38 PM
:laughing::laughing:

Uhh, my guess would be the Fins, then the Jets, then either us or the Pats (from the bottom up). No way the Pats finish last.

mybills
04-29-2005, 07:40 PM
you heard it here first.
One can only hope. :pray:

Typ0
04-29-2005, 07:40 PM
bills jets fins patriots.

superbills
04-29-2005, 07:42 PM

Okay, I'll bite. Jets, Bills, I'll give you that. But how do you figure Fins ahead of the Pats?

Typ0
04-29-2005, 07:43 PM
both will be 8-8 but the fins will beat the pats twice.

Bling
04-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Jets 11-5
Pats 9-7
Bills 7-9
Fins 7-9 (lose tie)

IMO. That's how it goes.

superbills
04-29-2005, 07:52 PM
both will be 8-8 but the fins will beat the pats twice.

:shocked: Wow. Look, I'll be the first to give you props if it happens, but I'm wouldn't make any rash betting decisions if I were you.

Not to metion, this hat has to be wayyyy too much of a distraction for them...
http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/pressbox/pressreleases/pressrelease_3842.jpg

Sing it with me now...

"Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip...with Gilligan..."

Pride
04-29-2005, 07:57 PM
I am very interested to see what happens with a different or no Offensive Coordinator this year. I believe Weis was a BIG part of their success.

Typ0
04-29-2005, 08:00 PM
BILLS 12-4
JETS 10-6
FINS 8-8
PATS 8-8

lordofgun
04-29-2005, 08:03 PM
The Pats will go 14-2 again.

Wishful thinking at best.

Typ0
04-29-2005, 08:04 PM

negged.

Bling
04-29-2005, 08:06 PM

Wouldn't be surprised. Tom Brady just wins, and BB is one of the greatest of all-time.

LtFinFan66
04-29-2005, 08:11 PM
you heard it here first.
Not likely but it would be rather awesome I must say!!

Typ0
04-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Not likely but it would be rather awesome I must say!!

calm down bottom feeder.

Ickybaluky
04-29-2005, 08:57 PM
you heard it here first.

Not saying it is impossible, but they would have to absolutely suck on defense for it to happen, and I think they'll be pretty good there. Brushi is a big question mark, but they should be fine up front and in the secondary.

On offense, they will be better. They improved their OL, Brady is still improving, Dillon is still a bull, They are deep at WR and unbelievably strong at TE (they get Ben Watson back to go with Graham and Fauria). Last year, they finished 7th in the NFL in Total Offense and scored the 3rd most points in the NFL. They will be even better offesively this year.

On ST, the Pats actually were down last year (they are traditionally very strong on ST). They made upgrading ST a focus this offseason, so we will see how it comes out.

Remember, the Pats had the largest point differencial in the NFL last season. While every year is different, and injuries can play a factor, they are still very strong. They are in the 5th year of Belichick's program, and are at their apex in terms of talent.

LtFinFan66
04-29-2005, 09:01 PM
calm down bottom feeder.Yeah one losing season in 17 years and we are bottom feeders?? NO. Though it does take one to know one.

Typ0
04-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Not saying it is impossible, but they would have to absolutely suck on defense for it to happen, and I think they'll be pretty good there. Brushi is a big question mark, but they should be fine up front and in the secondary.

On offense, they will be better. They improved their OL, Brady is still improving, Dillon is still a bull, They are deep at WR and unbelievably strong at TE (they get Ben Watson back to go with Graham and Fauria). Last year, they finished 7th in the NFL in Total Offense and scored the 3rd most points in the NFL. They will be even better offesively this year.

On ST, the Pats actually were down last year (they are traditionally very strong on ST). They made upgrading ST a focus this offseason, so we will see how it comes out.

Remember, the Pats had the largest point differencial in the NFL last season. While every year is different, and injuries can play a factor, they are still very strong. They are in the 5th year of Belichick's program, and are at their apex in terms of talent.

negged

Pride
04-29-2005, 09:28 PM

You forgot to mention a key loss in your argument.... Charlie Weis!

Sorry, but I highly doubt that BB has an offensive bone in his body. He didnt have it in Cleveland. Sure, the D will be great as usual... but just like us last year, if you can't score, you cant win.

Typ0
04-29-2005, 09:34 PM
my Magic 8-Ball has informed me that the Patriots will be beaten up pretty bad in the first 8 weeks of the season...apparently there will be a lot of damage control going on which will take the team away from the direction they want to go in.

Slim
04-29-2005, 10:20 PM
not in your wettest dreams

The Predator
04-30-2005, 12:13 AM
The Patriots Are Wounded!!! I Smell Blood!!!

The Division Will Be Up For Grabs This Season.

GO BILLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>05

DynaPaul
04-30-2005, 08:33 AM
Well, if you look at history, Belichick/Parcells teams are notorious for dropping off of the face of the Earth after winning Super Bowls. The only exception to this was last year when the Patriots rigged it again. I wouldn't be surprised to see history repeat itself yet again especially in light of the way the organization handled some players after the season and Bruschi's loss. I don't know if they'll be dead last in the division but I do know that the "Patriot Reign" is quite over.

mybills
04-30-2005, 08:37 AM

Sorry, but I highly doubt that BB has an offensive bone in his body. He didnt have it in Cleveland. Sure, the D will be great as usual... but just like us last year, if you can't score, you cant win.
:bf1:

The King
04-30-2005, 08:50 AM
I actually see the Pats falling as well. Not so much for the reasons the rest of you have mentioned. I think the opposition is starting to get "smarter". Not more talented per say. But for some reason when teams play the Pats they get stupid. The Bledsoe rollout, Eagles in the 4th quarter. The Pats are the smartest team in the NFL and they probably work harder than any other team. I think coaches are going to start game planning a little differently for them. I look for the Pats to fall to about 9-10 wins this year. Look for Brady to have a very frustrating season 2002esque.

jamze132
04-30-2005, 09:01 AM
I actually see the Pats falling as well. Not so much for the reasons the rest of you have mentioned. I think the opposition is starting to get "smarter". Not more talented per say. But for some reason when teams play the Pats they get stupid. The Bledsoe rollout, Eagles in the 4th quarter. The Pats are the smartest team in the NFL and they probably work harder than any other team. I think coaches are going to start game planning a little differently for them. I look for the Pats to fall to about 9-10 wins this year. Look for Brady to have a very frustrating season 2002esque.
It makes sense... but whats sad is that they will probably still win the division with 10 wins.

Ickybaluky
04-30-2005, 10:55 AM

They won't miss Weis. He is a great coach, but his play-calling wasn't all that. The fact is their talent on offense is the best it has ever been. Their QB is entering his prime, and they have a core of players that have grown together at pretty much every key position on offense. They are going to be very good there.

If the Pats take a fall, it will be because of their defense. They have a great DL, but their LB corps is getting older and the uncertainty surrounding Bruschi leaves a hole in the middle.

However, if their defense can play to form they will be better than last year, because they will be better on offense and on ST.

Drive 4 Five
04-30-2005, 11:34 AM
I am shocked to hear you say that Weiss will not be missed and his playcalling was not all that. Are you nuts? The fact is, when the talent on offense was not "all that" the Patriots still managed because of smart coaching which utilized individual talent in unique ways to maximize productivity. Weiss had nothing to do with that huh? If you say so...

The fact is, the Patriots are still the team to beat in the AFC East and in the NFL overall, and yes they will be beaten down from time to time, but you never count a team who can win a Super Bowl with street free agents at starting corner, a wide-out at nickel back, the list goes on and on.

They won't miss Weis. He is a great coach, but his play-calling wasn't all that. The fact is their talent on offense is the best it has ever been. Their QB is entering his prime, and they have a core of players that have grown together at pretty much every key position on offense. They are going to be very good there.

If the Pats take a fall, it will be because of their defense. They have a great DL, but their LB corps is getting older and the uncertainty surrounding Bruschi leaves a hole in the middle.

However, if their defense can play to form they will be better than last year, because they will be better on offense and on ST.

STAMPY
04-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Pass me that sheet your smoking

DynaPaul
04-30-2005, 02:16 PM

:lmao:

You're joking, right?

pats-were-right
04-30-2005, 02:32 PM
Gotta agree with NE39 - although I like Charlie Weis, and he was a fine NFL coach, he was possibly one of the more overrated offensive coordinators in recent memory.

Ickybaluky
04-30-2005, 02:50 PM
No, I'm not joking at all. Weis is a fine coach, especially when it comes to developing young players. However, he is not a great play-caller. There were times his play-calling hurt the Pats late in games. He liked to be too tricky, at times it wasn't called for.

Weis won't be missed. Crennel is the bigger loss.

HAMMER
04-30-2005, 03:09 PM
What a laugher this thread is. They win three SB's in four years and now they are going to tank? Whaaat? Correy Dillon will still run wild, Brady will still have his pin point accuracy, the defense will be great as usual, and they have the best coach in the game. Wishful thinking homers, the Pats are the best TEAM in the league.

Mr.Right
04-30-2005, 03:30 PM
That's how I see it too! :shocked:

Worst --to--> FIRST

good call....
:up:

Tom D
04-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Hey Mr Right- you just come out of a coma or something?

Nice sig- if it were 6 years ago. Last place troll smack talking is just too funny for words.

Loser

RetroRaiders81
04-30-2005, 04:01 PM
The downfall begins week 1 when they are crushed by Oakland.

Typ0
04-30-2005, 04:09 PM
The downfall begins week 1 when they are crushed by Oakland.

that will be their best chance to win in the first half of the season.

mybills
04-30-2005, 07:37 PM
With all of this confidence that the Pats have built for their fans, I can't imagine the sound of the boom when they fall on their asses! But I will deffenlly LMAO when it happens! :D