PDA

View Full Version : I know its early yet but..

Sportsuser101
04-29-2005, 09:22 PM
Just looking ahead I think the reason the Bills didn't take a OT and give Teague the shot was because of how many good tackles and how deep next years tackle draft looks to be. I mean Ferguson would have been a top 3 pick this year if he came out and next year he'll probably be the #1 pick depending on the teams need. McNeil, Winston, Scott all potential top 5 picks and thats just the seniors. Just like last year with trading the #1 pick, I think the Bills looked ahead at the tackles and felt that Teague could get it done for a year.

SABURZFAN
04-30-2005, 02:44 AM
i doubt that donahoe gets one.it is a team need so why would he consider looking.he'll be looking for another WR.

jamze132
04-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Considering what we lost in FA, we just might have a real nice draft next season with the compensatory picks we will receive.

djjimkelly
04-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Just looking ahead I think the reason the Bills didn't take a OT and give Teague the shot was because of how many good tackles and how deep next years tackle draft looks to be. I mean Ferguson would have been a top 3 pick this year if he came out and next year he'll probably be the #1 pick depending on the teams need. McNeil, Winston, Scott all potential top 5 picks and thats just the seniors. Just like last year with trading the #1 pick, I think the Bills looked ahead at the tackles and felt that Teague could get it done for a year.

i agree with u totally i was looking at a list of next years top 32 and i think i counted 4 oure LT in the list i agree TD might be looking ahead. if u dont like the kids at our need position what is the point of drafting them and wasting a pick or cap space on a guy you dont feel comfortable with. lets hope this is TD's plan.

Italian Stallion
04-30-2005, 10:05 AM
i doubt that donahoe gets one.it is a team need so why would he consider looking.he'll be looking for another WR.

Wow...good morning to you too mister sunshine. Get over it, the draft was what it was, but i don't ever want to hear you praise TD when both Everett and Parrish start making plays for this offense....Your right, we shoulda reached for a lineman that wasnt there in round 2 and 3. Get off it man, either support the team or shut the hell up

ddaryl
04-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Considering what we lost in FA, we just might have a real nice draft next season with the compensatory picks we will receive.
We've signed more FA's then we have lost. SO odds are we won't be getting many if any compesantion picks

ddaryl
04-30-2005, 10:38 AM

We have a slew of OL on the roster and more then half of them are R _ 2 year players.

The only position we are worried about on the OL is LT, but we have 3 potential LT's being groomed on our roster in Peter's , McFarland, and Gusmundsen. We also have Teague and Gandy to round out lT possibilities this year.

The notion that TD has completely abandoned the OL is ludicrous. He built our D 1st like many clubs do. We've drafted OL, we've signed FA OL, and we've gained a top OL coach. All is well for the future.

I doubt we will draft OL early next season, unless a can't miss OL drops down to us. Otherwise CB, LB, WR will be needs next year. We still do not have a replacement for Moulds onour roster.

TigerJ
04-30-2005, 01:31 PM
If it is still a great need for the Bills next offseason, it will mean the Bills had a long season of JP being chased out of the backfield and sacked. I hope one of the possibilities steps foreward and has a great season this year.

kevinj22
05-01-2005, 06:26 AM
Why didn't we get a compensatory pick for Winfield? Or do we get that next year as well.

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 07:32 AM
Why didn't we get a compensatory pick for Winfield? Or do we get that next year as well.

Vincent helped offset the loss on Winfield

SABURZFAN
05-01-2005, 08:10 AM
Wow...good morning to you too mister sunshine. Get over it, the draft was what it was, but i don't ever want to hear you praise TD when both Everett and Parrish start making plays for this offense....Your right, we shoulda reached for a lineman that wasnt there in round 2 and 3. Get off it man, either support the team or shut the hell up

first of all,who the hell are you? NOBODY in my eyes.

second,i hope that parrish and everett "start making plays for this offense."

third,we waited the following day to reach for a lineman. :rolleyes:

last and DEFINITELY not least,i don't need a newbie coming in here to tell me "support the team."i've been supporting the Bills my whole life.

it started with The Juice.....

...the Electric Company.....

...Talking Proud......

do you know the Bills version 12 Days of Christmas????

...the back to back 2-14 seasons.......

...jim kelly walking out on us to go to the USFL......

...the Super Bowl years and the bandwagoneers who came and left.......

...the collins disaster.......

...the flutie/johnson controversy which became bigger than the Presidential Race.........

...the butler/wilson fingerpointing episode on who was at fault with the cap disaster.........

...the gutting of a football team.........

sorry pal.........you're not talking to some fly-by-night Bills fan.until i take that Victory Ride down Route 62,i won't "shut the hell up" for you or anybody.

GET IT???

GOT IT???

GOOD!!!!!

jamze132
05-01-2005, 09:51 AM
FNGs!

Sportsuser101
05-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Vincent helped offset the loss on Winfield
Actually it was Vincent AND Villarrial coming here is why we didn't get compensation.

We should get compensation picks now because we lost Jennings, Williams and Price (soon to be gone I'm sure) and only gained Holcomb and Anderson.

ddaryl
05-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Actually it was Vincent AND Villarrial coming here is why we didn't get compensation.

We should get compensation picks now because we lost Jennings, Williams and Price (soon to be gone I'm sure) and only gained Holcomb and Anderson.
We gained Holcomb, Gandy, and Anderson

We lost Williams and Jennings. We may get something based upon the amount the 2 players we lost were signed for compared to what we spent on our own FA's. However it will probably be a late day 2 pick

Dozerdog
05-01-2005, 11:53 AM
first of all,who the hell are you? NOBODY in my eyes.

second,i hope that parrish and everett "start making plays for this offense."

third,we waited the following day to reach for a lineman. :rolleyes:

last and DEFINITELY not least,i don't need a newbie coming in here to tell me "support the team."i've been supporting the Bills my whole life.

it started with The Juice.....

...the Electric Company.....

...Talking Proud......

do you know the Bills version 12 Days of Christmas????

...the back to back 2-14 seasons.......

...jim kelly walking out on us to go to the USFL......

...the Super Bowl years and the bandwagoneers who came and left.......

...the collins disaster.......

...the flutie/johnson controversy which became bigger than the Presidential Race.........

...the butler/wilson fingerpointing episode on who was at fault with the cap disaster.........

...the gutting of a football team.........

sorry pal.........you're not talking to some fly-by-night Bills fan.until i take that Victory Ride down Route 62,i won't "shut the hell up" for you or anybody.

GET IT???

GOT IT???

GOOD!!!!!
What an F'n crybaby.

We got 2 linemen in the draft- and possibly 2 more starters in Free Agency- but because some internet football genius who couldn't time an egg let alone football players is upset the Bills didn't draft along HIS wants and needs then it's the end of the frikkin' planet.

Nevada has some loose gun control laws. Go end your agony now.

buffmaniac
05-01-2005, 12:48 PM
We have quite an interesting prospect at LT with Peters. An athletic 6'4 328LB monster. I don't expect him to be ready to start this year, but with some time under McNally's tutelage I will be interested to see this kid in a year or two.

ShadowHawk7
05-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Get off it man, either support the team or shut the hell up

You can criticize the Bills moves and still be a fan... Personally, the more reasons I hear of why we drafted the way we did, the more I like it.

We have a slew of OL on the roster and more then half of them are R _ 2 year players.

The only position we are worried about on the OL is LT, but we have 3 potential LT's being groomed on our roster in Peter's , McFarland, and Gusmundsen. We also have Teague and Gandy to round out lT possibilities this year.

I highly doubt McFarland, or Gusmundsen will be our starter at LT ever. Peters has a better chance, and think he'll get a much better shot at LT next year.

Sportsuser101
05-01-2005, 06:37 PM
We gained Holcomb, Gandy, and Anderson

We lost Williams and Jennings. We may get something based upon the amount the 2 players we lost were signed for compared to what we spent on our own FA's. However it will probably be a late day 2 pick
Gandy does not count towards compensation. He was released by the Panthers.

SABURZFAN
05-01-2005, 06:43 PM
What an F'n crybaby.

We got 2 linemen in the draft- and possibly 2 more starters in Free Agency- but because some internet football genius who couldn't time an egg let alone football players is upset the Bills didn't draft along HIS wants and needs then it's the end of the frikkin' planet.

Nevada has some loose gun control laws. Go end your agony now.

there's Admin at its best. :bf1: :up:

You can criticize the Bills moves and still be a fan...

nuff said......

Bert102176
05-01-2005, 08:05 PM
it's a whole year away, it doesn't help with this year