• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

The Draft So Far. Your thoughts.

OK, here is your chance to chime in. This is not to be a review of the picks, but of the draft itself. What have ya liked, hated, got upset about, etc.

I know we had one snafu but I think it has gone rather well. You will see that next year when we will have less players to draft that the strategy will really take over.

Feel free to comment and make suggestions as to how this whole thing is going.

Here is mine:
    Starting in the 100K rounds each owner will draft two players at a time. Also, once your team is finished you will drop from the draft list and each round will shorten. That will speed us up. I can forsee several owners going into the 70-75th round.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

The only problem I forsee is people being unable to keep track of players already drafted. I know for myself it's hard, and it will only get harder when we get into the 30th round and so on.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Otherwise, I think you are doing a great job guys, Devin, Rich and Eb.

I wish people would check in more often to speed things up, but that's life.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Agreed. Maybe a thread of Positions and players picked would be helpful. Like a Tackles thread and all the names gone and so on.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          The only problem I forsee is people being unable to keep track of players already drafted. I know for myself it's hard, and it will only get harder when we get into the 30th round and so on.
          I don't understand why people don't do what I do. You take rankings that Ebenezer gave us and then load them up into Word. You then delete the player when he is taken. It works perfectly.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

An e-mail with the updated available player lists is going out today.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
              Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              When you want to draft a player, go to the draft summary thread, and press control+F to search for there last name. The current round is usually not updated so you'll have to check that too.
              The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                I don't understand why people don't do what I do. You take rankings that Ebenezer gave us and then load them up into Word. You then delete the player when he is taken. It works perfectly.
                It's a good theory, but if I get busy and behind a few rounds, it takes forever to go through each round and players taken.

Retro, I know that searching the thread for players is a good way, but it's annoying if you have to constantly do it.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  An e-mail with the updated available player lists is going out today.
                  Thanks Eb, it is much appreciated.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

I have an excel sheet for every position. Hilighting the guys I want. Deleting those taken.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                      I have an excel sheet for every position. Hilighting the guys I want. Deleting those taken.
                      I'll give you 100zbs if you email me those files so I don't have to do it myself. Obviously, without your highlighted targets.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                        Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
                        I have one of all my draft picks laid out with the salaries. Works good, I'd be lost without it.
                        The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• The King
                          • Jun 2004

BTW delete Santana Moss. I have him.
                          It was all

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RetroRaiders81
                            I have one of all my draft picks laid out with the salaries. Works good, I'd be lost without it.
                            I have the same thing. It works perfectly!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

I think the draft has gone fine so far wish this was a quicker process but nothing can be done about that great job

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍