PDA

View Full Version : The Draft So Far. Your thoughts.

Ebenezer
04-30-2005, 08:50 AM
OK, here is your chance to chime in. This is not to be a review of the picks, but of the draft itself. What have ya liked, hated, got upset about, etc.

I know we had one snafu but I think it has gone rather well. You will see that next year when we will have less players to draft that the strategy will really take over.

Feel free to comment and make suggestions as to how this whole thing is going.

Here is mine:
Starting in the 100K rounds each owner will draft two players at a time. Also, once your team is finished you will drop from the draft list and each round will shorten. That will speed us up. I can forsee several owners going into the 70-75th round.

:feedback:

Forward_Lateral
04-30-2005, 09:12 AM
The only problem I forsee is people being unable to keep track of players already drafted. I know for myself it's hard, and it will only get harder when we get into the 30th round and so on.

Forward_Lateral
04-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Otherwise, I think you are doing a great job guys, Devin, Rich and Eb. :up:

I wish people would check in more often to speed things up, but that's life.

The King
04-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Agreed. Maybe a thread of Positions and players picked would be helpful. Like a Tackles thread and all the names gone and so on.

Michael82
04-30-2005, 09:35 AM
The only problem I forsee is people being unable to keep track of players already drafted. I know for myself it's hard, and it will only get harder when we get into the 30th round and so on.
I don't understand why people don't do what I do. You take rankings that Ebenezer gave us and then load them up into Word. You then delete the player when he is taken. It works perfectly. :up:

Ebenezer
04-30-2005, 09:37 AM
An e-mail with the updated available player lists is going out today.

RetroRaiders81
04-30-2005, 09:45 AM
When you want to draft a player, go to the draft summary thread, and press control+F to search for there last name. The current round is usually not updated so you'll have to check that too.

Forward_Lateral
04-30-2005, 09:58 AM
I don't understand why people don't do what I do. You take rankings that Ebenezer gave us and then load them up into Word. You then delete the player when he is taken. It works perfectly. :up:

It's a good theory, but if I get busy and behind a few rounds, it takes forever to go through each round and players taken.

Retro, I know that searching the thread for players is a good way, but it's annoying if you have to constantly do it.

Forward_Lateral
04-30-2005, 09:58 AM
An e-mail with the updated available player lists is going out today.

:up: Thanks Eb, it is much appreciated.

The King
04-30-2005, 10:08 AM
I have an excel sheet for every position. Hilighting the guys I want. Deleting those taken.

Forward_Lateral
04-30-2005, 10:10 AM
I have an excel sheet for every position. Hilighting the guys I want. Deleting those taken.

I'll give you 100zbs if you email me those files so I don't have to do it myself. Obviously, without your highlighted targets.

RetroRaiders81
04-30-2005, 10:10 AM
I have one of all my draft picks laid out with the salaries. Works good, I'd be lost without it.

The King
04-30-2005, 10:11 AM
BTW delete Santana Moss. I have him.

Michael82
04-30-2005, 11:01 AM
I have one of all my draft picks laid out with the salaries. Works good, I'd be lost without it.
I have the same thing. It works perfectly! :up:

L.A. Playa
04-30-2005, 11:55 AM
I think the draft has gone fine so far wish this was a quicker process but nothing can be done about that great job

That Guy
04-30-2005, 12:35 PM
I haven't kept track of anything on the computer. I have it all written down on paper. Salaries, player lists, lineup, etc.... 8 pages of it.

L.A. Playa
04-30-2005, 12:38 PM
I haven't kept track of anything on the computer. I have it all written down on paper. Salaries, player lists, lineup, etc.... 8 pages of it.

I applaud you for that if journalism is where ya wanna go you should do well :bf1: if you ever wanna write a screenplay if you area good writer let me know

Michael82
04-30-2005, 01:34 PM
I use the paper for my lineups and to cross out the players on my lists.

RetroRaiders81
04-30-2005, 02:18 PM
I have a word document, and excel spreadsheet, and about 4 handwritten papers.

Canadian'eh!
04-30-2005, 03:45 PM
I applaud you for that if journalism is where ya wanna go you should do well :bf1: if you ever wanna write a screenplay if you area good writer let me know

Are you serious? because I have a buddy who took a degree in film and television production and all that stuff. He's brilliant at writing all these hilarious scenarios and bits of dialogue but he can't seem to dedicate himself to writing something as a finished piece..... I've been on him to get to doing it and if you really could look at something I might be abl e to cinvince him to finally do it.

L.A. Playa
04-30-2005, 03:59 PM
I work for Phoenix Pictures and can have scripts read and also have contacts with other companies and have started my own production company and I am very serious aboutmaking quality movies and also quality music

Sportsuser101
04-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Yeah I have position by position which players were drafted. I double check the ctrl F feature on the draft lists in case.