PDA

View Full Version : Mini Camp Report

justasportsfan
04-30-2005, 12:27 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3175

The new Bills era with JP Losman at quarterback officially began on Friday with a double-session workout to kickoff a three-day minicamp at One Bills Drive.

Losman was announced as the team's starting quarterback back in February and has been preparing mentally and physically at the team's training facility in Orchard Park, but Friday marked the first time the second-year quarterback was on the field with his teammates in a formal practice setting.

"It was exciting," said Losman. "I've been telling everyone I got, I got, it in the film room but you never know until you come out here. Today we had some blitz reads that we did and everything went smooth so it went good. I feel like I got it. I was nervous myself to see if I could actually do it now that I know the whole offense as opposed to last year. I felt great and I can't wait to strap it up for real."

Tatonka
04-30-2005, 12:33 PM
love the attitude.

venis2k1
04-30-2005, 12:54 PM
anyword on how big mike looks(weight wise)? its one of the things im most interested in seeing at mini camps. also losman is really starting to win me over as a fan with all of this hard work i keep reading about. i dont know why some fans are so down on this team going into this season. we have great ST, a great Defense(even without pat, im a big edwards fan) and one of the most exciting young offenses in the league. its a good time to be a bills fan.

mybills
04-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Quote to Note: "I try to tell you guys that I'm not the normal California kid that you guys all think. I've been hearing all the rumors. I work hard. This is my job and this is my profession and my craft. I'm going to do whatever I can to make the most of it. I worked hard to get where I am and I'm not going to stop now that I'm here."
- JP Losman.

:up:

RedEyE
04-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Quote to Note: "I try to tell you guys that I'm not the normal California kid that you guys all think. I've been hearing all the rumors. I work hard. This is my job and this is my profession and my craft. I'm going to do whatever I can to make the most of it. I worked hard to get where I am and I'm not going to stop now that I'm here."
- JP Losman.

:up:

Taking a shot at Rob Johnson?

Tom D
04-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Mularkey looks like he's in a hurry to get this kid up to speed. I read on Bills Daily that for the first time in 20 years of mini camps- Mularkey was blitzing Losman right from the get go. I guess they never blitzed in mini camp before.

He wants to get this guy used to the pressure.

G. Host
05-01-2005, 08:39 PM

Probably just replying to a lot of comments from reporters about laid back California attitudes. It is a true tendancy for I just got back from Calfornia for work after three weeks and saw people with shorts and sandsls on engineering floor.

TigerJ
05-01-2005, 10:55 PM
anyword on how big mike looks(weight wise)? its one of the things im most interested in seeing at mini camps. also losman is really starting to win me over as a fan with all of this hard work i keep reading about. i dont know why some fans are so down on this team going into this season. we have great ST, a great Defense(even without pat, im a big edwards fan) and one of the most exciting young offenses in the league. its a good time to be a bills fan.

According to one journalist, I've forgotten which one, Big Mike has lost his gut. Mularkey has singled him out for praise on his condition. It seems to be non issue at this point.

BAM
05-01-2005, 11:03 PM
I saw that somewhere too, Tiger.

gimpy
05-01-2005, 11:19 PM
I saw that somewhere too, Tiger.
http://www.wgr550.com/fullstory.php?id=0823

The Predator
05-02-2005, 01:25 AM
GO BILLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>05

LifetimeBillsFan
05-02-2005, 05:08 AM
Mularkey looks like he's in a hurry to get this kid up to speed. I read on Bills Daily that for the first time in 20 years of mini camps- Mularkey was blitzing Losman right from the get go. I guess they never blitzed in mini camp before.

He wants to get this guy used to the pressure.
Not a bad idea! Teams are going to be throwing blitzes at JP from all angles once the season starts, so they might as well get him used to that ASAP so that he will be ready to handle them when they start coming. Teams will blitz a new, young QB until he makes them pay for doing so and the sooner that JP can be brought along to the point where he can do that, the better. Once teams realize that he won't get rattled by the blitz, they will back off, so having him work on reacting to the blitz right from the beginning can only help JP in the long run. I like the fact that M.Mularkey was willing to change his practice routine to accomodate the needs of his young QB--smart.

Mr. Miyagi
05-02-2005, 09:36 AM

Probably just replying to a lot of comments from reporters about laid back California attitudes. It is a true tendancy for I just got back from Calfornia for work after three weeks and saw people with shorts and sandsls on engineering floor.

Ya think?

"At first, it didn't bother me much," says Losman, a native of Venice, Calif. "But lately it's become annoying and is said to me in a put-down way. I can assure you I'm not Rob Johnson. I come from a working-class environment. My dad poured concrete for a living and my mother worked two jobs. I just wish people would give that comparison a rest."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050501/SPORTS0102/505010337/-1/COLUMNS