Gandy LT for now.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Gandy LT for now.....

Left Alignment: For now, offseason free agent acquisitions Mike Gandy and Bennie Anderson have made up the left side of the offensive line with the first-team offense. Gandy has as played the role of left tackle, while Anderson has fit in as the left guard.

Neither player is surprised they've received early work with the first team.

"I wouldn't say I'm surprised," said Gandy. "I have confidence in my abilities and confidence to play in this league." The coaches have confidence in me so I'm going to try and do the best that I can."

"(Left guard) is the spot that I'm working at and I plan on excelling at it," said Anderson. "It's going to be a lot of hard work but I'm here for it. A lot of hard work and competition is going to make us better as a team and an offense."

Coach Mike Mularkey indicated on Friday that the current line combination was merely the combo used to start minicamp and the coaches will evaluate the film on Tuesday to see if they need to make any adjustments.

"All I can do is do the best that I can and take advantage of the opportunities that come my way," said Gandy. "You can't start to think about all the stuff that could happen, but instead you just focus on the job at hand."

Gandy started 14 games at left tackle for the Chicago Bears in 2003. Anderson started 12 times at right guard for the Baltimore Ravens last season.
  • Tom D
    In charge- don't U forget it!
    • Jul 2002

Thanks for the nuggets!

I like this part -

Extra Points: Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish continues to turn heads, making big plays in both Saturday workouts. … Mularkey stressed that starting jobs are not won on draft day or during minicamp. … Quarterback Kevin Thompson left Saturday's NFL Europe game early in the first quarter with a hand injury.
    Hey Willis- Let's call Travis
    Hello Travis? ...*tee hee hee*...This Is Jerry Jones. we want you to be our starter.....*chuckle*...

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      Gandy started 14 games at left tackle for the Chicago Bears in 2003. Anderson started 12 times at right guard for the Baltimore Ravens last season.

In 2003 Gandy played in 14 games. He gave up 8 sacks, and committed 7 penalties. However it was his 2nd year in the league, so improvement over these numbers should be expected ... I hope.

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

at least its not teague.

Comment

• Tom D
          In charge- don't U forget it!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
          In 2003 Gandy played in 14 games. He gave up 8 sacks, and committed 7 penalties. However it was his 2nd year in the league, so improvement over these numbers should be expected ... I hope.

I wonder how it compares to Jonas Jenning's numbers in his second season- first at LT.

I can't recall- but wasn't it his first time at LT for Gandy in 2003 as well?
          Hey Willis- Let's call Travis
          Hello Travis? ...*tee hee hee*...This Is Jerry Jones. we want you to be our starter.....*chuckle*...

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

I also saw on the news that they are waiting for the swelling in Everett's knee to go down so they can further evaluate it.

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
              I also saw on the news that they are waiting for the swelling in Everett's knee to go down so they can further evaluate it.
              That seems strange to me. They should have gotten images right away so they could diagnose and start treatment ASAP.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                • Mar 2004

I am liking Mike Gandy a lot, he seems like a great team player. I think he will surprise us this year.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

He's already wining and dining A-Train to come to Buffalo...LOL

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
                    at least its not teague.
                    What are they gonna do with Teague? They drafted a center, and I still haven't heard what they'll do with him.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tom D
                      I wonder how it compares to Jonas Jenning's numbers in his second season- first at LT.

I can't recall- but wasn't it his first time at LT for Gandy in 2003 as well?
                      In 2002 Jonas' 2nd season he allowed 7.5 sacks and 7 penalties.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                        What are they gonna do with Teague? They drafted a center, and I still haven't heard what they'll do with him.
                        I think Teague starts the year as starting center. I believe he is in the last year of his contract, so they won't be under any pressure to do anything in particular. If Preston improves to the point where he deserves to start, the Bills can start him. After the season, the Bills can try to sign him at a price that is fair for a backup lineman or cut him loose.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

In 2002 Jonas' 2nd season he allowed 7.5 sacks and 7 penalties.
                          Wow- pretty similar- not that I'm calling Gandy the next Jennings- but had it not been for injury Gandy might have developed into something a bit sooner.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                            teague is a solid center who will be a FA next season.. they will groom dookie bear for a year and let him take over next season.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              I think Teague starts the year as starting center. I believe he is in the last year of his contract, so they won't be under any pressure to do anything in particular. If Preston improves to the point where he deserves to start, the Bills can start him. After the season, the Bills can try to sign him at a price that is fair for a backup lineman or cut him loose.
                              i guess i should have read before i answered mybills.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X