PDA

View Full Version : Gandy LT for now.....

Dozerdog
04-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Left Alignment: For now, offseason free agent acquisitions Mike Gandy and Bennie Anderson have made up the left side of the offensive line with the first-team offense. Gandy has as played the role of left tackle, while Anderson has fit in as the left guard.

Neither player is surprised they've received early work with the first team.

"I wouldn't say I'm surprised," said Gandy. "I have confidence in my abilities and confidence to play in this league." The coaches have confidence in me so I'm going to try and do the best that I can."

"(Left guard) is the spot that I'm working at and I plan on excelling at it," said Anderson. "It's going to be a lot of hard work but I'm here for it. A lot of hard work and competition is going to make us better as a team and an offense."

Coach Mike Mularkey indicated on Friday that the current line combination was merely the combo used to start minicamp and the coaches will evaluate the film on Tuesday to see if they need to make any adjustments.

"All I can do is do the best that I can and take advantage of the opportunities that come my way," said Gandy. "You can't start to think about all the stuff that could happen, but instead you just focus on the job at hand."

Gandy started 14 games at left tackle for the Chicago Bears in 2003. Anderson started 12 times at right guard for the Baltimore Ravens last season.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3176

Tom D
04-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the nuggets!

I like this part -

Extra Points: Rookie wide receiver Roscoe Parrish continues to turn heads, making big plays in both Saturday workouts. … Mularkey stressed that starting jobs are not won on draft day or during minicamp. … Quarterback Kevin Thompson left Saturday's NFL Europe game early in the first quarter with a hand injury.

ddaryl
04-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Gandy started 14 games at left tackle for the Chicago Bears in 2003. Anderson started 12 times at right guard for the Baltimore Ravens last season.

In 2003 Gandy played in 14 games. He gave up 8 sacks, and committed 7 penalties. However it was his 2nd year in the league, so improvement over these numbers should be expected ... I hope.

venis2k1
04-30-2005, 05:32 PM
at least its not teague.

Tom D
04-30-2005, 05:34 PM
In 2003 Gandy played in 14 games. He gave up 8 sacks, and committed 7 penalties. However it was his 2nd year in the league, so improvement over these numbers should be expected ... I hope.

I wonder how it compares to Jonas Jenning's numbers in his second season- first at LT.

I can't recall- but wasn't it his first time at LT for Gandy in 2003 as well?

Dicknoze69
04-30-2005, 05:45 PM
I also saw on the news that they are waiting for the swelling in Everett's knee to go down so they can further evaluate it.

ParanoidAndroid
04-30-2005, 05:54 PM
I also saw on the news that they are waiting for the swelling in Everett's knee to go down so they can further evaluate it.

That seems strange to me. They should have gotten images right away so they could diagnose and start treatment ASAP.

AndreReed83
04-30-2005, 06:35 PM
I am liking Mike Gandy a lot, he seems like a great team player. I think he will surprise us this year.

Dozerdog
04-30-2005, 06:50 PM
He's already wining and dining A-Train to come to Buffalo...LOL

mybills
04-30-2005, 07:42 PM
at least its not teague.
What are they gonna do with Teague? They drafted a center, and I still haven't heard what they'll do with him. :idunno:

ddaryl
04-30-2005, 09:41 PM
I wonder how it compares to Jonas Jenning's numbers in his second season- first at LT.

In 2002 Jonas' 2nd season he allowed 7.5 sacks and 7 penalties.

TigerJ
04-30-2005, 10:03 PM
What are they gonna do with Teague? They drafted a center, and I still haven't heard what they'll do with him. :idunno:

I think Teague starts the year as starting center. I believe he is in the last year of his contract, so they won't be under any pressure to do anything in particular. If Preston improves to the point where he deserves to start, the Bills can start him. After the season, the Bills can try to sign him at a price that is fair for a backup lineman or cut him loose.

Dozerdog
04-30-2005, 10:06 PM

In 2002 Jonas' 2nd season he allowed 7.5 sacks and 7 penalties.

Wow- pretty similar- not that I'm calling Gandy the next Jennings- but had it not been for injury Gandy might have developed into something a bit sooner.

Tatonka
04-30-2005, 10:12 PM

teague is a solid center who will be a FA next season.. they will groom dookie bear for a year and let him take over next season.

Tatonka
04-30-2005, 10:22 PM
I think Teague starts the year as starting center. I believe he is in the last year of his contract, so they won't be under any pressure to do anything in particular. If Preston improves to the point where he deserves to start, the Bills can start him. After the season, the Bills can try to sign him at a price that is fair for a backup lineman or cut him loose.

i guess i should have read before i answered mybills.

:goodpost:

Turf
04-30-2005, 10:49 PM

Love the avatar Tom, nice pic :)

tampabay25690
05-01-2005, 09:04 AM
I am liking Mike Gandy a lot, he seems like a great team player. I think he will surprise us this year.

I THINK the whole line is gonna surprise us this year!!!!!!! I expect big things this year!!!!!

Mr. Cynical
05-01-2005, 02:18 PM
at least its not teague.
:rofl:

good point

Romes
05-01-2005, 02:27 PM
"Left tackle this year is no different than left guard last year," McNally said. "It's one of those things where until we get into Rochester (for training camp) and get into a couple of preseason games, we won't know. We're going to figure it out. It might take a game or two, but we're on the right track."

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050501/1011832.asp

I really hope Gandy can win this job quickly. But from the sound of this quote it seems like this is going to be the topic we will talk about till opening day and maybe beyond.