Bills' second-round pick getting rave reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Bills' second-round pick getting rave reviews

By BOB DICESARE

I have seen the future and it's electric. It's a short throw turned into a long, frenetic touchdown jaunt that leaves mouths agape. It's a punt return low on potential that concludes with an improbable end zone celebration. There's fast and there's quick and then there's Roscoe Parrish, who's so far ahead of the game he could make hay before the harvest.
    You'd have thought there'd be no immediate impact players left by the time the Buffalo Bills drafted last Saturday, no one who could demand opponents account for his presence on every single play. How do you get someone that explosive at 55th overall unless you've stowed him in a cave?

• BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

good stuff.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

But everyone was so mad we picked him!!!!!
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
        The Stoner Zoner
        • Feb 2003

I wasnt mad i love the pick we dont need OL as much with Losman as our Qb.

Comment

• buffmaniac
          • May 2003

Reading that article gets me pumped for the season. This offense is going to by very explosive.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
            • Jul 2002

If this guy reaches 75% of the implied talent and obvious enthusiasm of this report, I will be extremely happy with this pick.
            Last year I used to sit up a little higher while we were returning punts.
            This year I may stand for all of them.

See if other ST coaches Belichick out and stick every punt out of bounds by game three.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Great stuff, but it's really too early to get too high - or low - about any player or position.

This board is really funny, though. We go from hate to love in the blink of a minicamp report.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

I for one was really shocked when I saw his name go across ESPNs draft ticker. My first thought was "WTF????" But then when I remembered watching Parish beat my beloved Gators in the Peach Bowl with a 70+ yard punt return, I kind of got a smile. I have watched this guy for a couple of years now and he is fast, fast, fast! And very elusive too. I think we are going to be very happy with this pick. I see him taking over punt return duties and sharing kick returns with McGee.

Comment

• cordog
                  eat, drink, and be merry
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by jamze132
                  I for one was really shocked when I saw his name go across ESPNs draft ticker. My first thought was "WTF????" But then when I remembered watching Parish beat my beloved Gators in the Peach Bowl with a 70+ yard punt return, I kind of got a smile. I have watched this guy for a couple of years now and he is fast, fast, fast! And very elusive too. I think we are going to be very happy with this pick. I see him taking over punt return duties and sharing kick returns with McGee.

It doesnt matter. TD made the wrong pick. We should have taken an OL even though the Bills did not have one graded near 55.

Comment

• McBFLO
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by buffmaniac
                    Reading that article gets me pumped for the season. This offense is going to by very explosive.
                    It certainly could be. Our offense has gotten a lot faster. Drew's gone, not to mention JP has got some wheels, Lee, Roscoe, Willis, Moulds, Euhus/Everett are pretty fast for TEs (I think anyways). Combine that with Mularkey's creative play-calling and you've got a pretty explosive offense. The only question is how long it takes for them to gel. Could and should be a very exciting year!
                    Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                      • Feb 2005

Get your Roscoe jerseys now.
                      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
                        It doesnt matter. TD made the wrong pick. We should have taken an OL even though the Bills did not have one graded near 55.
                        Great strategy- keep drafting guys a round or two ahead of their talent level out of need.

We need more 4th rounders with our 2nd round pick. Then you end up with a roster filled with reaches and busts

Comment

• Iehoshua
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                          But everyone was so mad we picked him!!!!!
                          Everyone gets mad regardless of who is picked.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                            Great strategy- keep drafting guys a round or two ahead of their talent level out of need.

We need more 4th rounders with our 2nd round pick. Then you end up with a roster filled with reaches and busts

i couldnt have said it better myself! i loved both the 2nd and 3rd round picks its about time we start scoring with the o not the d and if offensive particularly wr and TE where best available that is right move!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                              • Mar 2003

Now all we have to do is to cross our fingers that Gandy will be a good starter at LT, and we should have an offense to contend with again.
                              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X