X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

So...

Right now we have 6 WRs who have a reasonable shot at the roster. They are - (1) Moulds, (2) Evans, (3) Parrish, (4) Reed, (5) Aiken, (6) Smith. Moulds, Evans and Parrish are all shoe-ins. Smith will be on the roster for trick-plays and occassional PR duties. Reed and Aiken are the toss-ups. Reed has amounted to almost nothing, but Aiken has amounted to nothing at all.

Reed IMO has more potential and has atleast given glimpses in game action to what he can do. If we can get his head straightened out he could be a good potential #2 WR. Aiken has never impressed me at all, I wouldn't be suprised to see him gone.
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Aiken is gone no question about it but Fast Freddie may be gone too if he doesnt show us something during TC bc one of our UDFA's could steal a spot
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

My guess is that all six will make it.... If injuries don't factor in
      I can see them going with only 1 true Fullback on the roster.

The depth chart-

Moulds
      Evans
      Parrish
      Reed
      Aiken
      Fast Freddie

Let's not forget that some of these guys might not be around in 2006 either as cap casualties or lost in free agency

Comment

• Crisis
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Aiken is gone no question about it but Fast Freddie may be gone too if he doesnt show us something during TC bc one of our UDFA's could steal a spot
        I think Mularkey likes using F. Smith for his trick plays too much to let him go. He has a great knack for breaking tackles and decent speed.
        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
        Vanek is Austrian not European
        Originally posted by Prov401
        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
        Originally posted by better days
        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
          I think Mularkey likes using F. Smith for his trick plays too much to let him go. He has a great knack for breaking tackles and decent speed.
          Parrish is a better player for that esp since he was a HS QB, so when he is out there teams will be less suspicious of a trick play bc he is a good WR too. Whenever Fast Freddie was out there teams looked for him and tried to keep a guy on him. Parrish makes much more sense in this role, imo.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Scumbag College
            • Oct 2002

I think Aiken is out. I'd like to see a few times a game the Bills throw 5 WRs out on the field (Moulds, Evans, Reed, Parrish, and Fast Freddy) and have teams try to defend it. The Patriots due it pretty often, and they're pretty good.
            Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
              Right now we have 6 WRs who have a reasonable shot at the roster. They are - (1) Moulds, (2) Evans, (3) Parrish, (4) Reed, (5) Aiken, (6) Smith. Moulds, Evans and Parrish are all shoe-ins. Smith will be on the roster for trick-plays and occassional PR duties. Reed and Aiken are the toss-ups. Reed has amounted to almost nothing, but Aiken has amounted to nothing at all.

Reed IMO has more potential and has atleast given glimpses in game action to what he can do. If we can get his head straightened out he could be a good potential #2 WR. Aiken has never impressed me at all, I wouldn't be suprised to see him gone.
              Aiken is a practice squader!
              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpdex12
                Aiken is a practice squader!
                Why do people think you can put just anyone on the practice squad? For one thing, he's been in the league for 2 years already...and even if that rule weren't in place, he was in 5 games in 2003 and 16 in 2004...far over the 6 game max
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• John Doe
                  Florida Man
                  • Jul 2002

With a healthy Kevin Everett, I don't see the need to keep six wide receivers. There has already been talk by the coaches of lining him up split wide.

Not-so-fast Freddie Smith is expendable.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Something tells me that Sam Aiken will stay in Buffalo. They are grooming him to take over for Moulds. He's the perfect match 6'2, 204 lbs. Moulds is 6'2, 210 lbs. Every other receiver on the team is 5'10 or shorter. Josh Reed, Lee Evans and Freddie Smith are all 5'10. Roscoe Parrish is 5'9. We need size and if you look at Aiken in person, he's huge. He looks like Moulds with his arms and the rest of his body. So, because Smith and Evans are identical (5'10 and both around 195 lbs)....I see Smith being released.

WR Eric Moulds
                    WR Lee Evans
                    WR Roscoe Parrish (Slot receiver)
                    WR Josh Reed (his last year to step it up or he's gone)
                    WR Sam Aiken (I could see him challenging Reed for #4)

Comment

• BAM
                      • Sep 2003

I wouldn't be surprised to see J.R. get the pink slip.

Can't say I'd mind it at all either.

He's had enough time to prove himself.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

I think our backs and WRs will look like this:

RB: McGahee, A-Train, Williams
                        FB: Shelton
                        PSed: Gates
                        Cut: Burns

Note: If we don't sign A-Train, Gates is on the active roster as a RB/FB.

TE: Campbell, Euhus, Everett

Note: Nuefeld makes it if either Campbell AND Euhus don't return to full health, or if Coy Wire is cut, AND we only keep 3 backup Olinemen.

WR 1: Moulds, Parrish, Reed

WR 2: Evans, Aiken, Smith

I think Aiken is continuing to develop and will develop some chemisty w/ JP. We need a big guy other than Moulds. Smith is a borderline cut, if he doesn't have a good preseason.

THoughts or comments?
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• John Doe
                          Florida Man
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Something tells me that Sam Aiken will stay in Buffalo. They are grooming him to take over for Moulds. He's the perfect match 6'2, 204 lbs. Moulds is 6'2, 210 lbs. Every other receiver on the team is 5'10 or shorter. Josh Reed, Lee Evans and Freddie Smith are all 5'10. Roscoe Parrish is 5'9. We need size and if you look at Aiken in person, he's huge. He looks like Moulds with his arms and the rest of his body. So, because Smith and Evans are identical (5'10 and both around 195 lbs)....I see Smith being released.

WR Eric Moulds
                          WR Lee Evans
                          WR Roscoe Parrish (Slot receiver)
                          WR Josh Reed (his last year to step it up or he's gone)
                          WR Sam Aiken (I could see him challenging Reed for #4)
                          Sounds right to me.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            Parrish is a better player for that esp since he was a HS QB, so when he is out there teams will be less suspicious of a trick play bc he is a good WR too. Whenever Fast Freddie was out there teams looked for him and tried to keep a guy on him. Parrish makes much more sense in this role, imo.
                            I say Mularkey sticks w/ speed. He keeps both Fast Freddie and Parrish. One goes down, we won't lose any speed both on O and Special teams since, they both are good st players.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                              I wouldn't be surprised to see J.R. get the pink slip.

Can't say I'd mind it at all either.

He's had enough time to prove himself.
                              Ditto...I've been saying all offseason that there's a good chance he's in the final round of cuts...maybe even in the first round of cuts.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X