PDA

View Full Version : It's official...Roscoe has a nickname!

jpdex12
05-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Bobby April and Tyke Tolbert are referring to him as the roadrunner.

We have to stick with it from here on out. "Road Runner", he sounds like one too.

Seriously, it sticks! Let's make it official.

Who's in?

They say he's gonna be deadly out of the slot!

Quote from the Buffalo News

"All of them are good, Roscoe is exceptional though," April said. "He's an exceptional athlete. He'd really be dangerous back there."

April's coached some fearsome return men over the years: Deion Sanders in Atlanta, Rod Woodson in Pittsburgh, Tyrone Hughes in New Orleans. He sees similarities among them and Parrish. He also sees qualities that could set Parrish apart.

"I think this guy will end up being special because he might have the initial quicks, and the initial burst, and vision like maybe none of them have had," April said. "Certainly Deion had burst and everything, but this guy's used to running with the ball. He's used to having the ball in his hands and beating defenders. That's why it's good to have a guy that's familiar catching that short pass, that hitch, and making it go. He's self-trained as a returner. In all his work, like today, if he catches a short pass and he takes off, he's practicing punt returns."

Parrish is anything but all speed, no substance, a jack rabbit of a decoy. His hands have been sure. His toughness was demonstrated during his days at Miami. Send him over the middle and he's off and running, fearlessly determined.

Some of his biggest plays have come in clutch situations, such as his 62-yard punt return that thwarted Virginia's upset bid, the leaping 25-yard TD catch that put that game away, his 72-yard punt return against Florida in the Peach Bowl. Get the ball in Parrish's hands and anything can happen. He looks like an ideal addition to a franchise that's overhauled its offense in an effort to get better fast.

The_Philster
05-01-2005, 01:44 PM
http://www.cob-net.org/graphics/road-runner150.gif

BAM
05-01-2005, 02:51 PM
meep meep!

Dozerdog
05-01-2005, 02:57 PM
The road runner has about 20 pounds on Roscoe

BAM
05-01-2005, 03:01 PM
That's kinda scary... he's only 9 pounds heavier than I am. :nervous:

I'd get freekin' killed if I ever suited up in the NFL.

Dozerdog
05-01-2005, 03:08 PM
All the moves... and no shirt...

Jayhawk
05-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I'd get killed in the NFL and I'm 6'3 240