PDA

View Full Version : My Early Roster Depth Chart

Yasgur's Farm
05-01-2005, 04:29 PM
Yup... it's well early but here's the way it looks to me at this pont.

The Spaz
05-01-2005, 04:33 PM
Thomas would not be a FB also where is Villarial?

The Spaz
05-01-2005, 04:34 PM
If we sign Thomas our RB's would be McGahee, Thomas, Gates. Shaud really doesn't seem to fit in with our power running game and we have enough KR and PR on the team for him to even have a shot there.

Yasgur's Farm
05-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Thomas would not be a FB also where is Villarial? Villarrial is #1 G where he should be... I disagree about Thomas not playing FB. I believe McGahee and Thomas in the same backfield would be great.

The Spaz
05-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Villarrial is #1 G where he should be... I disagree about Thomas not playing FB. I believe McGahee and Thomas in the same backfield would be great.

Just like we we're goign to have Henry and McGahee in the same backfield right? McGahee is a workhorse and Thomas or whoever will only come in to give him a breather once in a while.

Yasgur's Farm
05-01-2005, 04:48 PM
That's the nice thing about having an opinion.

ShadowHawk7
05-01-2005, 04:54 PM
I liked the last depth chart prediction better. So you don't think any of our UDFAs will make it?

Yasgur's Farm
05-01-2005, 04:59 PM
I liked the last depth chart prediction better. So you don't think any of our UDFAs will make it? I guess my return question would be... What vet or draft pick would you cut to make room for an UDFA?

dannyek71
05-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Isnt that for the most part the same roster and depth chart as last year?

Jan Reimers
05-01-2005, 06:50 PM
I only count 52 players on your list, and I think Neufeld goes, bringing us to 51. I'd guess Gause unseats Ritzmann, Ezekiel makes it as a 7th LB, and Leonhard sticks at safety, which would bring us to 53.

Also, Thomas will be a RB if he's acquired, replacing Williams or Gates. With Neufeld gone, we would then have only Shelton at FB. Goldsberry will challenge Burns there.

The Spaz
05-01-2005, 06:52 PM
I only count 52 players on your list, and I think Neufeld goes, bringing us to 51. I'd guess Gause unseats Ritzmann, Ezekiel makes it as a 7th LB, and Leonhard sticks at safety, which would bring us to 53.

Also, Thomas will be a RB if he's acquired, replacing Williams or Gates. With Neufeld gone, we would then have only Shelton at FB. Goldsberry will challenge Burns there.

I'm thinking right along those lines as well.:beers:

Yasgur's Farm
05-01-2005, 06:57 PM
Isnt that for the most part the same roster and depth chart as last year? Nope...
Holcomb
McGahee
Gates
A. Thomas
Parrish
Everett
Gandy
Anderson
Geisinger
Preston
Ritzmann
King
... All new names.

Yasgur's Farm
05-01-2005, 07:04 PM
I only count 52 players on your list, 1) Losman
2) Holcomb
3) Matthews
4) McGahee
5) Gates
6) S. Williams
7) Shelton
8) A. Thomas
9) Neufeld
10) Moulds
11) Evans
12) Parrish
13) Reed
14) Aiken
15) Campbell
16) Everett
17) Euhus
18) M. Williams
19) Gandy
20) Peters
21) McFarland
22) Teague
23) Villarrial
24) Anderson
25) Tucker
26) Geisinger
27) Preston
28) Adams
29) Edwards
30) Anderson
31) Bannan
32) Schobel
33) Kelsay
34) Denney
35) Ritzmann
36) Spikes
37) Posey
38) Stamer
39) Haggan
40) Fletcher
41) Crowell
42) Milloy
43) Wire
44) Vincent
45) Baker
46) Clements
47) McGee
48) K. Thomas
49) Greer
50) King
51) Lindell
52) Moorman
53) Dorenbos

Billsouth
05-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Just like we we're goign to have Henry and McGahee in the same backfield right? McGahee is a workhorse and Thomas or whoever will only come in to give him a breather once in a while.

yeah and the raiders thought the same thing w/ bo jackson and marcus.

TigerJ
05-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Villarrial is #1 G where he should be... I disagree about Thomas not playing FB. I believe McGahee and Thomas in the same backfield would be great.

Actually, I think Gates is more likely to end up getting snaps at fullback.

Tatonka
05-02-2005, 12:40 AM
i like it draz... i agree that thomas may get looks at FB.. and i also thnk that shaud williams makes the team no matter what... he is a player.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-02-2005, 05:01 AM
I think that ST play will have a lot to do with whether some of the guys "on the bubble" stick or not--Burns, Wire and Haggan, for example, have been key ST contributors and whoever replaces them on the roster would have to show that they can replace them on STs even more than at their "regular" positions.

I agree with Jan Riemers that J.Leonhard has a shot at sticking at safety--either in place of C.Wire or King (since Vincent can slide over to CB if a 5th CB is needed)--that L.Ezekiel has a shot at making the roster, but not as a 7th LB--in place of M.Haggan--and, similarly, that G.Gause has a might be able to unseat C.Ritzmann at DE. But, all three will have to show that they can be ST "demons". I wouldn't be surprised to see any one or all of them on the roster or on the PS.

I also agree with Tatonka that S.Williams will make the team--he's a player and a guy who offers a "change of pace" at RB.

If the Bills get A.Thomas, L.Gates is going to have to work his butt off to make the team and may not if the Bills decide to keep Burns for his ST play and because he can play both FB and RB. I don't know much about Goldsburry, but, with his history as a standout ST player, he could beat out both Gates and Burns for a spot because he is a pure FB.

While I agree that the O-linemen listed are the most likely to make the team, I'm not sure that the Bills will keep 10 O-linemen on their roster. Geissinger might end up on the PS if they don't--which would open up a roster spot elsewhere.

I also think that King will have to fight for his roster spot with Ward and Oglesby and that one or two of these three could end up on the PS.

Yasgur's Farm
05-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Nope...
Holcomb
McGahee
Gates
A. Thomas
Parrish
Everett
Gandy
Anderson
Geisinger
Preston
Ritzmann
King
... All new names. Oppps... this post has some errors such as McGahee and Ritzmann (I must have been tired). I'd edit it but I seem to have lost my editing function.

Holcomb
Gates
A. Thomas
Parrish
Everett
Gandy
Anderson
Geisinger
Preston
King

Also... can a mod please edit the title of this thread... of course Roater=Roster.

SABURZFAN
05-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Actually, I think Gates is more likely to end up getting snaps at fullback.

i'm thinking Practice Squad.

Jayhawk
05-02-2005, 07:01 AM

:bf1: I agree

mysticsoto
05-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Well, we'll probably get another roster spot when Dorebos is officially released. I see no reason to keep him and use up an extra roster spot. I believe Preston can handle long snapping. If we continue to have injuries at the TE position, we may have to bring in our guy in Europe - Gomez. He too can handle long snapping duties. I see no reason to waste an extra roster spot for just one position that someone else can now do.

Yasgur's Farm
05-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanx to the mod who fixed the thread title.