PDA

View Full Version : Drew Bledsoe is about to pass....

TacklingDummy
12-14-2002, 10:44 AM
what took Rob Johnson 4 years to do in Buffalo.

13 Games Drew: 3842 yards 23 TDs 13 Int. 44 Sacks
4 Years RJ: 4798 yards 27 TDs 17 Int. 110 Sacks

Can Drew do it? I think they will be right around the same.

The_Philster
12-14-2002, 10:47 AM
3 games left...he'd have to average about 319 yards a game...not too hard except when you consider the weather
I think he's gonna have a hard time producing that sack number though ;)

TacklingDummy
12-14-2002, 10:56 AM
I think he will come up alittle short yardage wise.

He should be able to get 4 TDs in the next 3 games.

I agree with you on sacks. 66 sacks in 3 games will be tough to accomplish. :eek:

WG
12-14-2002, 11:02 AM
Considering that Drew's had a far better OL and skill players around him otherwise w/ Henry running the way he is as a second year RB, I'm not all particularly impressed to say the least.

Drew started off strong and has faded like a piece of cheap fabric lying in the sun down the stretch. The number of complete games should be the standard as well, not the number of "seasons" played. Otherwise, you could make a similar analysis for any backup as well who's been on a team for say 6 years but has had only 16 starts.

Drew's performances are yielding approximately half of the TDs that they did early on and about twice the TOs. The question is why?

Let's see how he does v. S.D., G.B., and Cincy.

But on the sacks thing, we're talking like 1 sack a game by the time this season ends. Likely less, maybe .75 sacks per game. No way that sack difference makes that much of a difference as we were led to believe last year.

RJ wasn't great, but he certainly was not the reason for why we couldn't win last year as VP proved as well.

Actually, given the team that Drew has had this season, and that Price and Henry have stepped up as I didn't think they would, and given that our OL has been very good, Anything short of 30 TDs is reprehensible as I see it and I don't think that's gonna happen. Drew's INT totals had been good until lately when he seems to be striving to hit 20 before the season lets out.

Sabre Ally
12-14-2002, 11:32 AM
Hey Wys........shut up :p: ;)

TacklingDummy
12-14-2002, 11:35 AM
Answer me this question: Would RJ have similar numbers to the ones Drew put up this year if he remained a Bill?

Robs having a hard time in Tampa. Many people thought they would see a different RJ under the teaching of Gruden. That hasn't happened.

29 of 44 for 243 yards, 0 TDs 2 Int. 9 sacks.

He does have a nice completion %. He's even getting sacked more often % wise in Tampa ( 1 out of every 4.8) compared to when he was in Buffalo (1 out of 6) :)

Not to mention he's now a 3rd stringer behind King.

Second Q: Is RJs playing days in the NFL over?

mybills
12-14-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Drew's had a far better OL and skill players around him

You'd think our record would be at least 8-6 right now because of that alone! :scratch: