PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for Parrish

Bling
05-01-2005, 08:04 PM
What are your expectations for his year? How many catches? How many yards? What's his avg? How many TD's?

Jeff1220
05-01-2005, 08:16 PM
I'll settle for nothing less than ROTY! :str8face:

gobuffalo2007
05-02-2005, 06:52 AM
What are your expectations for his year? How many catches? How many yards? What's his avg? How many TD's?

I heard how big he was 5'9" 160 pounds.
I agree with his name Rosscoe Will Parrish.

Tatonka
05-02-2005, 10:27 AM
if he wins the 3rd wr spot..

350 yards receiving.. 100 rushing.. 2 tds..

2 td returning kicks/punts.

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2005, 10:31 AM
20 catches 300 yards 3 tds.

Meathead
05-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Absolutely no way he wins the #3 job. No way. Not unless the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention or the guys ahead of him (Reed, Aiken) get injured early. No matter how good he may end up being, he's not going to be given such an important job on a playoff caliber team as a rookie. No way.

If he's lucky he'll start the season as a KO returner. Once he shows he has reliable hands in game situations he might win the PR job.

He'll be lucky to get 20 catches as a wideout.

Jan Reimers
05-02-2005, 10:49 AM
I think Parrish has a much better chance of making an impact with JP taking over at QB, rather than coming into a situation where a veteran QB has his favorite receivers. Plus, the 3rd WR job is up for grabs.

While Moulds and Evans will do the heavy lifting, I think Parrish can get 40 catches for 600 yards and 5 TDs.

askabry
05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Wins the PR position outright; returns 45 punts for 425 yards. For two games, takes the #1 KR spot (for injured McGee) and returns 8 for 225 yards. Spot player on offense, enough for 30 catches and 350 yards. Passes the ball once, incomplete. Runs three end arounds, 29 yards.

First year, total offense: just over 1,000 yards of production, 3 touchdowns.

Meathead
05-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Could you be any more vague?

justasportsfan
05-02-2005, 11:01 AM
sme nos. as Josh Reed in his rookie year.

Jan Reimers
05-02-2005, 11:19 AM
sme nos. as Josh Reed in his rookie year.
37 for 509 and 2 TDs should be very possible.

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Parrish will be the number 3 reciever, 45 reception 500 yards 5 tds. He will be a special teams demon. Assuring that we don't need Nate fumbling on punt returns.

Oh, , and he will be able to conjugate his first seven verbs.

mysticsoto
05-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Absolutely no way he wins the #3 job. No way. Not unless the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention or the guys ahead of him (Reed, Aiken) get injured early. No matter how good he may end up being, he's not going to be given such an important job on a playoff caliber team as a rookie. No way.

If he's lucky he'll start the season as a KO returner. Once he shows he has reliable hands in game situations he might win the PR job.

??? Why not? Josh Reed was given the #3 job as a rookie. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the best player should get the job. Mini camp and training camp is to train and show the coaches who is in the best position for the job. If Parrish beats out Reed & Aiken, then he should get the job - regardless of the fact that he is a rookie. All facts point to him being a hard worker and really trying to learn the playbook quickly. If he can do it, I'm all for him starting!!!

askabry
05-02-2005, 12:51 PM
Could you be any more vague?

LOL

LifetimeBillsFan
05-03-2005, 12:37 AM

With his speed and elusiveness, the coaches will try to get Parrish on the field as much as possible because he really is a weapon--and you don't want to leave a weapon on the bench unless you have to do so. If he shows that he can catch the ball consistently against pro defenders, he has a very good chance to beat out J.Reed simply because he is far more dangerous after the catch. At the very least, I think he will split time at the #3 WR and will be a feature in 4 wide-out sets.

He may not get enough playing time early on to get a lot of catches, but he is a play-maker and will break a couple of plays for big yardage. 27-32 catches, 450-500 yards, 4 TDs receiving. I think they will give Parrish a chance to run a couple of reverses, but, given his size, probably not many, so I will say that he will only run the ball 3 times for 24 yards (one big gain, one ok run and one that gets stuffed for a loss).

The Bills have already said that Parrish will be their PR this year and, unless he has problems hanging onto the ball, I believe he will be their PR all season. N.Clements is a terrific PR, but he is so valuable to the defense that I don't think the coaches want to run the risk of him getting hurt returning punts unless they have to--and with Parrish around they don't have to. Parrish's college PR numbers don't reflect how good he was because teams often kicked away from him and tried to keep him from getting the ball in his hands on the fly on PRs. While he may not be quite as dangerous on the pro level, he will be a good one and good enough to replace Clements. It's hard to say what his numbers will be, but I would be surprised if his average per return is not as good as Clements' was last season and he doesn't break at least one for a TD (I think it is very hard to predict how many TDs a PR or KR will get in any season, so I hesitate to give any numbers here).

I doubt that Parrish will return any KOs, unless McGee gets hurt and, even then, he may not get the opportunity to do so. At Miami, for the most part, he didn't return kicks because the coaches were concerned about him getting injured at his size--KRs don't make any fair catches. I can only recall one time when he was sent back to return KOs in a game that they were trailing late and, as I recall, their opponents kicked the ball away from him, which turned him from a weapon into a liability because he really is too small to be much of a blocker. I expect that the Bills coaches are probably aware of this and will be hesitant to put Parrish in the game as a KR unless they absolutely have to do so.

If he stays healthy enough to play regularly, I think that Parrish's contribution to the team this season will go beyond the numbers that he puts up. Just as L.Evans' speed forced opposing defenses to adjust their coverages to respect the threat that he posed before the Bills even began to throw the ball his way last season, Parrish's speed will have to be respected and force them to make adjustments that will open things up for the other WRs and the RBs. Teams will have to reckon with the fact that Parrish can get deep as fast as Evans and that should open up the underneath routes for him and others, even if he doesn't get the ball. In that sense, I think he will make a very significant contribution to the offense this season.

DraftBoy
05-03-2005, 12:50 AM
25 catches 400 yards 4 TD's
2 of 5 for 65 yards 1TD, 1 INT
3 carries for 23 yards
2 Punt Return TD's

Meathead
05-03-2005, 04:02 AM
Totally different situation, ’05 vs ’02.

When Reed was a rook the whole team was bad and there was zero depth at the position. He got the #3 wideout job by default. The team is now a lot deeper and has viable options with experience.

Two main reasons Parrish doesn’t get the job:

1. Rooks make mistakes. All the physical talent in the world can’t eliminate mental mistakes. It only takes a couple of those a game to lose a ballgame. The #3 WR spot is used often enough to be considered a starting job. Playoff caliber teams don’t start rookies unless they have no other alternative.

2. Reed and Aiken deserve their shot. “But Reed already had his shot”. Not really. In ’03 Reed was a #2 and Moulds was hobbled, and in ’04 Reed himself was injured. This will be the first time since he was a rookie that he gets a legitimate shot at the #3 job. The Bills will give him a very ample opportunity to not lose it because it would be crazy not to.

Put it this way - if Parrish is the #3 receiver any earlier than the last quarter of the season then the Bills have major problems at the position.

Meathead
05-03-2005, 04:06 AM
btw - the Bills have NOT said Parrish will be their punt returner. That's just mini-camp news fodder. We got a looooooong way to go before they write that in ink. But he's a lot more likely to win that job than the other.

The Spaz
05-03-2005, 07:19 AM
btw - the Bills have NOT said Parrish will be their punt returner. That's just mini-camp news fodder.

That's funny Mularkey has already said he has penciled him in as the PR.

buffalofan19
05-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Oh, , and he will be able to conjugate his first seven verbs.

:rofl:

McBFLO
05-03-2005, 10:55 AM

JP Is essentially a rookie and he's our starting QB. So, why couldn't Roscoe come in and be the 3rd WR? Of course, he'll have to win the job first, but he should be able to. My prediction: 35 cathces for about 450 or so and a couple TDs. On PR, he'll ave about 15-20 yrds per return. He'll get a TD too.

McBFLO
05-03-2005, 11:00 AM
If he stays healthy enough to play regularly, I think that Parrish's contribution to the team this season will go beyond the numbers that he puts up. Just as L.Evans' speed forced opposing defenses to adjust their coverages to respect the threat that he posed before the Bills even began to throw the ball his way last season, Parrish's speed will have to be respected and force them to make adjustments that will open things up for the other WRs and the RBs. Teams will have to reckon with the fact that Parrish can get deep as fast as Evans and that should open up the underneath routes for him and others, even if he doesn't get the ball. In that sense, I think he will make a very significant contribution to the offense this season.
Excellent point...the intangibles! Effectiveness can't always be determined or evaluated by stats.

Meathead
05-03-2005, 03:23 PM
That's funny Mularkey has already said he has penciled him in as the PR.
What part of "pencil" don't you understand?

Mudflap1
05-03-2005, 03:47 PM
Like it or not, Drew Bledsoe had a pretty big year in '02 overall, and Josh Reed was a part of that. This team may be better as a whole, but this is a team that will be built around playing solid defense and running the football. I think Parrish will have an impact and will win the #3 job. Josh Reed is not very good, and Sam Aiken hasn't shown anything yet. I think Parrish is a good talent, and he will be utilized and will be very useful. Don't expect monster numbers -- Lee Evans only had 48 catches last year. This team will run, run, run, or at least try to do so... so expect nice plays when Parrish gets the opportunity, but don't get your hopes up for huge numbers.

Jon

Ed
05-03-2005, 03:50 PM
25 catches 400 yards 4 TD's
2 of 5 for 65 yards 1TD, 1 INT
3 carries for 23 yards
2 Punt Return TD's
Five pass attempts? I seriously doubt it. Maybe 1, and that's a pretty big maybe. How many times did Mularkey have a non-qb throw a pass in a game last year? I can't think of one. I know Mularkey likes gadget plays, but just because a guy played some qb in high school doesn't mean he can throw. Who knows though, I can't wait to see what kind of tricks Mularkey has up his sleeve with all these fast and athletic young guys we have now.