PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Winslow is hurt again

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 12:38 PM
According to Foxsports.com Winslow was hurt when he was thrown off Motorcycle. heres the link.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3586756

The Spaz
05-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Can you say dumbass and :loser::shakeno:

ryven
05-02-2005, 12:48 PM
He's really producing for them

Romes
05-02-2005, 12:51 PM
why wear a helmet if you don't strap it on? idiot.

FreddyvsJason
05-02-2005, 12:58 PM
GOSH! What an Idiot!

Dicknoze69
05-02-2005, 01:50 PM
LOL...the injuries aren't "life-threatening"....doesn't mention if it'll hurt his football career

jamze132
05-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Rumor has it that Kellen Winslow, aka "Johnny Knoxville", was trying to rail slide down some steps on his crotch rocket. I'm guessing it didn't turn out like he expected.

Philagape
05-02-2005, 04:14 PM
I'd hate to be Braylon Edwards right now ... EVERY first-round pick the Browns have had since they re-entered the league has been a disaster

Jayhawk
05-02-2005, 04:20 PM
this guy has been an idiot, and his father should have taught him better.

AndreReed83
05-02-2005, 04:47 PM
this guy has been an idiot, and his father should have taught him better.

But he's a f@$%ing soldier!!! Remember??

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Just adds to list that Players from Miami University shouldn't do.
1)Help homies cover up club shootings
2)Call Bill Parcells a ***
3)Not show for Tom Coughlins work outs
4)Take the wonderlic
5)Now ride a motor cycle,

:scooter: :stretcher<Winslow watch out for that tree

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 07:39 PM
recent up date on story, according to ESPN news Winslow has swelling in shoulder, his knee, and internal injuries. It showed his crotch rocket . What a moron.

Tom D
05-02-2005, 09:51 PM
LOL...and people wanted the Bills to grab this schmuck

I hope the Browns don't pay him

Michael82
05-03-2005, 09:21 AM
I hope he loses more money because of being a dumbass. Let's see you missed your most of your rookie season because you got hurt and then you buy one of those ****ing crotch rockets to do stunts on and then you injure yourself again?!? :crazy: Moron!

But remember, he'll be alright because he's a soldier. :rolleyes:

camelcowboy
05-03-2005, 09:36 AM
A soilder in the Mobile Little Yellow bus unit. At least those kids know how to put on their helmets, unlike this dumbass.

DraftBoy
05-03-2005, 09:39 AM
People's true color show again for the amount of you who dont like his comments I could find the same type of attitude in alot of yours. You dont like what he said although none of you can correctly quote it, and yet you stoop to his level and make fun of the guy for getting hurt, real classy fellas. Mikey he was not doing stunts he was trying to learn how to ride it in an empty parking lot, kinda like when we get our learners permit and we are trying to learn to drive, would you laugh at some kid who hit the curb in a car and hurt themselves? He was doing nothing wrong here yet people still can laugh at this bc of one comment he made, makes me sick.

ryven
05-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Here is video of the accident http://www.big-boys.com/articles/brandnewbike.html (not really winslow)

DraftBoy
05-03-2005, 09:40 AM
oh and the comment was;

"Im a motherf***ing solider!"

Atleast make fun of him for the right wording

deathadder
05-03-2005, 10:58 AM
I hope he loses more money because of being a dumbass. Let's see you missed your most of your rookie season because you got hurt and then you buy one of those ****ing crotch rockets to do stunts on and then you injure yourself again?!? :crazy: Moron!

he is going to lose money... the contract he signed said that if there were any motorcycle problems, they can take away his bonus... he just received a bonus in the amount of 4 million recently.. looks like he will need to pay it back if the Browns decide to exercise that option of the contract... we'll wait and see...

Michael82
05-03-2005, 11:34 AM
he is going to lose money... the contract he signed said that if there were any motorcycle problems, they can take away his bonus... he just received a bonus in the amount of 4 million recently.. looks like he will need to pay it back if the Browns decide to exercise that option of the contract... we'll wait and see...
:lmao:

Sucks to be him!

Michael82
05-03-2005, 11:37 AM
It's not just that one comment. He was a punk in college and then had the same kind of attitude last year too. He held out because they weren't giving him enough money and then he got injured in a game. He went and bought one of those stunt bikes and I wouldn't be suprised if he was screwing around on it. We'll never know, unless someone who saw it comes out. He injured himself and the moron just threw the helmet on without strapping it. He could have been KILLED!! :shakeno: I don't feel bad for that guy. it's his dumb ass fault.

Michael82
05-03-2005, 11:38 AM
oh and the comment was;

"Im a motherf***ing solider!"

Atleast make fun of him for the right wording
and that's why everybody hates him. :shakeno:

Bulldog
05-03-2005, 11:43 AM
People's true color show again for the amount of you who dont like his comments I could find the same type of attitude in alot of yours. You dont like what he said although none of you can correctly quote it, and yet you stoop to his level and make fun of the guy for getting hurt, real classy fellas. Mikey he was not doing stunts he was trying to learn how to ride it in an empty parking lot, kinda like when we get our learners permit and we are trying to learn to drive, would you laugh at some kid who hit the curb in a car and hurt themselves? He was doing nothing wrong here yet people still can laugh at this bc of one comment he made, makes me sick.

How do you know what happened? Where you there? Just as you say people shouldn't make assumptions, niether should you. I really don't care what he was doing, perhaps he shouldn't have been on a motorcycle to begin with.

Michael82
05-03-2005, 11:57 AM
How do you know what happened? Where you there? Just as you say people shouldn't make assumptions, niether should you. I really don't care what he was doing, perhaps he shouldn't have been on a motorcycle to begin with.
Great post! :clap:

:posrep:

camelcowboy
05-03-2005, 01:27 PM
People's true color show again for the amount of you who dont like his comments I could find the same type of attitude in alot of yours. You dont like what he said although none of you can correctly quote it, and yet you stoop to his level and make fun of the guy for getting hurt, real classy fellas. Mikey he was not doing stunts he was trying to learn how to ride it in an empty parking lot, kinda like when we get our learners permit and we are trying to learn to drive, would you laugh at some kid who hit the curb in a car and hurt themselves? He was doing nothing wrong here yet people still can laugh at this bc of one comment he made, makes me sick.Your right, its very unclassy of us to laugh at someone with a injury. If it makes you feel better i only started making fun of Winslow when i found out the injuries weren't life threatening. I really don't care if he was trying to learn how to ride, or if he was doing stunts....you ready here comes the point... the idiot had a clause in his contract saying that he was not allowed to do any activity that threatened his health, and clearly stated was motorcycle riding. "No thread, just going by what i heard on WGR, and Sirus" Yes Draftboy your right, i wouldn't laught at a kid learning to drive who hit a curve."until i was in the confinds of my own home." The difference is Winslow had alot of money that he knew he was risking. It back fired. He knew what could happen and he did it anyways. That makes it laughtable.

OK, now i will wait for your paragraph on how i miss quoted you. You seem to say that alot. Lighten up, its a forum. It doesn't need to be all serious all the time. That whole paragraph reminded me of something my Mom would say.

The Natrix
05-03-2005, 01:44 PM
I'm laughing right now, just thinking about that total douche hitting the curb!

camelcowboy
05-03-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm laughing right now, just thinking about that total douche hitting the curb!:posrep: thats epic

Be careful draftboy might yell at you.

DraftBoy
05-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Once again I dont need to be there to know what happened its stated in the article;

Winslow was riding in a community college parking lot Sunday when he hit a curb at about 35 mph and was thrown from the motorcycle, Westlake police Lt. Ray Arcuri said.

"He went over the handlebars and was real evasive about what the injuries were," Arcuri said.

The 21-year-old Winslow was wearing a helmet, but it wasn't strapped on and flew off his head, Arcuri said. He landed in a landscaped area at the edge of the parking lot, falling hard enough to tear out a small tree.

He and four other men were riding motorcycles in the parking lot, not far from Winslow's home in suburban Cleveland. There was no alcohol involved, Arcuri said.

"The four gentlemen said he was testing the bike out learning to ride," Arcuri said.

Now dont get me wrong laugh at him all you want bc he may ruin his contract on that basis I have no problem, but laughing at him bc he hurt himself just trying to learn how to do something like ride a bike is not something funny, I lost a very close friend about 4 years back to a motorcycle accident it wasnt a pleasant situation to deal with.

Bulldog I was quoting from the article, I provided it in text above, I wasnt assuming.

Mikey besides the one comment in college what else did he do which would label him a punk and nobody else answer this just Mikey. I agree the kid has been a total douche in the pros but in college up till that comment there wasnt much else to say about the kid bad, never missed a practice, always gave 110%, always produced, and usually never spouted off to the media. So Im just wondering other than that comment what makes him a punk in college?

camelcowboy
05-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Sorry about your friend Draftboy, that sucks, I had a friend who died on a bike, and i think thats a big part of the point. There dangerous, He had million$ of reasons to stay away from that bike. Thats when i lost of sympathy for the man. If i had a job that paid 100,000 a year told me to stay away from a bike, i would. It just shows me football isn't the first thing on his mind. That what makes me question his as a player.

DraftBoy
05-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Sorry about your friend Draftboy, that sucks, I had a friend who died on a bike, and i think thats a big part of the point. There dangerous, He had million$ of reasons to stay away from that bike. Thats when i lost of sympathy for the man. If i had a job that paid 100,000 a year told me to stay away from a bike, i would. It just shows me football isn't the first thing on his mind. That what makes me question his as a player.

Well i mean everyday every year players do things they arent supposed to even if those things are stipulated in the contracts like playing basketball, riding on bikes, lifting weights without supervision, it happens and its part of life. I wanna see Winslow and call him a dumbass for not having his helmet clipped on esp. But I am glad that he safe and hopefully the injury is only minor. I really think the guy got a bad rap from one comment and its unfortunate that he's choosen to act like it bc he is a good ball player.

ryven
05-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Well i mean everyday every year players do things they arent supposed to even if those things are stipulated in the contracts like playing basketball, riding on bikes, lifting weights without supervision, it happens and its part of life. I wanna see Winslow and call him a dumbass for not having his helmet clipped on esp. But I am glad that he safe and hopefully the injury is only minor. I really think the guy got a bad rap from one comment and its unfortunate that he's choosen to act like it bc he is a good ball player.

As mikey stated its not just one comment. He was always pissing people off in college ball. In no way am I saying hes a bad player he just does not shut his mouth.

DraftBoy
05-03-2005, 02:50 PM
As mikey stated its not just one comment. He was always pissing people off in college ball. In no way am I saying hes a bad player he just does not shut his mouth.

Quotes?? I believe you I just cant recall any of them except the last one so im wondering what its based off of, i mean the kid talked a ton of trash on the field.

Michael82
05-03-2005, 02:57 PM
I apologize for my laughing. I wasn't laughing about him getting hurt, that's just wrong. I was laughing at the whole thing in general. The guy was told NOT to ride a motorcycle or do other dumbass activities that he could get injured while doing. He decided to say **** you to the Browns and did what he wanted. Meanwhile, he falls off his Bike and gets injured. I wouldn't be suprised if he tore something. He's going to lose millions of dollars because of this.

As far as his college problems...it was all over the place. I'll look for quotes and stuff but i remember that when he was drafted, every draft expert said that he had a major attitude problem and the "****ing soldier" was just the icing on the cake. He was a problem in the locker room occasionally and overall, just a jerk. He's been even worse in the pros so far and I'm just glad that the karma is coming back to bite him in the ass. :snicker:

:lolpoint: Kellen Winslow Jr.

Bill Brasky
05-03-2005, 02:59 PM
According to Foxsports.com Winslow was hurt when he was thrown off Motorcycle. heres the link.

:rofl: I hope that "soldiers" can fall back on their awesome Miami education. Maybe he can move back in with mommy and daddy after he spends all of his money.

DraftBoy
05-03-2005, 03:07 PM
The guy was told NOT to ride a motorcycle or do other dumbass activities that he could get injured while doing. He decided to say **** you to the Browns and did what he wanted. Meanwhile, he falls off his Bike and gets injured. I wouldn't be suprised if he tore something. He's going to lose millions of dollars because of this.

Do you think Bills players dont do what there not supposed to? Tony Gonzalez contract expressly forbid him from playing basketball yet he tried out for the heat a few seasons back. Kellen Winslow was doing the same thing almost every other athlete does but he got hurt which is the funny part but its a common occurance.

Michael82
05-03-2005, 03:07 PM
:rofl: I hope that "soldiers" can fall back on their awesome Miami education. Maybe he can move back in with mommy and daddy after he spends all of his money.
:lmao:

Michael82
05-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Just like Aaron Boone from the Yankees....Who got cut for getting injured after playing Basketball and lost money. When will these players learn?

Kellen Winslow had it written in his contract that he would lose a big chunk of his bonus if he got injured while playing on his motorcycle. He chose to disobey and is going to lose out big time. He's a moron for that! :D

Michael82
05-03-2005, 03:30 PM
This gets better...there's a video of him riding and they said that he broke that law by riding the motorcycle. He didn't have the proper license. :lol:

http://www.19actionnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=1377983

Bulldog
05-03-2005, 03:53 PM
This gets better...there's a video of him riding and they said that he broke that law by riding the motorcycle. He didn't have the proper license. :lol:

http://www.19actionnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=1377983

It appears that K2 was haulin some a$$ on that bike in the parking lot. So much for trying to learn to ride the bike. He was motoring around like a jacka$$. What do you think now Draftboy? If the authorities are thinking of charging him with recklessness, I would say he was doing more than just learning to ride. Not only that, but do you really think that the guys that were with him are going to tell the police that K2 was being reckless? Of course not. I'm glad the guy is going to be OK, but he's still an idiot.

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 03:56 PM
He could also be in breach of contract.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=rotowire-elleninslowotorcycle&prov=rotowire&type=lgns&league=nfl

DraftBoy
05-03-2005, 04:54 PM
It appears that K2 was haulin some a$$ on that bike in the parking lot. So much for trying to learn to ride the bike. He was motoring around like a jacka$$. What do you think now Draftboy? If the authorities are thinking of charging him with recklessness, I would say he was doing more than just learning to ride. Not only that, but do you really think that the guys that were with him are going to tell the police that K2 was being reckless? Of course not. I'm glad the guy is going to be OK, but he's still an idiot.

He was going 35 mph its clearly stated in the foxsports article, i dont know what much more you need to see to prove it to you. He wont get in trouble with law except maybe probation, the funniest part of this whole thing is that whent he contract was written KW2 didnt owns a motorcycle and only bought one this offseason and its not even a nice one either.

thebuffalobills4
05-03-2005, 05:28 PM

is he always getting hurt? :blamelog:

camelcowboy
05-03-2005, 11:31 PM
is he always getting hurt? :blamelog:
Someone help me out because i don't get it. The log thing confuses me like a wonderlic test does for a player at the University of Miami.

camelcowboy
05-03-2005, 11:48 PM
I wonder if he can cultivate his skills from basket weaving 102, and his media relations course...."im a soilder". I know one thing mommy and daddy should look into investing in some training wheels, and next time buckle Jr's helmet for him.

I wonder if he has one of those little bells on his handle bars.

:tricycle:

Michael82
05-04-2005, 08:48 AM
He was going 35 mph its clearly stated in the foxsports article, i dont know what much more you need to see to prove it to you. He wont get in trouble with law except maybe probation, the funniest part of this whole thing is that whent he contract was written KW2 didnt owns a motorcycle and only bought one this offseason and its not even a nice one either.
again, what proof do they have that he was going 35 mph? His word and that's it. I don't believe it. Did you watch the video? He was flying in the parking lot and looked like he was ****ing around. Plus, he will get more than just probation from the law, he will probably have to pay a fine and might even get his license suspended for driving a motorcycle without a motorcycle license. :::

Tatonka
05-04-2005, 09:35 AM
i just heard from a cleveland fan that said winslow is out for the season... anyone heard the same?

Michael82
05-04-2005, 09:53 AM
I wonder if he can cultivate his skills from basket weaving 102, and his media relations course...."im a soilder". I know one thing mommy and daddy should look into investing in some training wheels, and next time buckle Jr's helmet for him.

I wonder if he has one of those little bells on his handle bars.

:tricycle:
:rofl: Good post. :snicker:

Dicknoze69
05-04-2005, 09:57 AM
i just heard from a cleveland fan that said winslow is out for the season... anyone heard the same?

On Sportscenter last night, they said the Brownies were extremely worried that he would miss the entire season with internal injuries, a knee injury, and a shoulder injury.

No real definite timetable yet though.

Kerr
05-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Damn, this guy has all the talent in the world and he can't catch a break.

Tatonka
05-04-2005, 11:14 AM
you create your own breaks sometimes.. this idiot never should have been on a bike.. not when your career is based on the health of your body.

Bulldog
05-04-2005, 11:54 AM
again, what proof do they have that he was going 35 mph? His word and that's it. I don't believe it. Did you watch the video? He was flying in the parking lot and looked like he was ****ing around. Plus, he will get more than just probation from the law, he will probably have to pay a fine and might even get his license suspended for driving a motorcycle without a motorcycle license. :::

Good post. I agree!

camelcowboy
05-04-2005, 12:57 PM
Damn, this guy has all the talent in the world and he can't catch a break.
Yeah he caught a break. Probally broken ribs.

In all seriousness this guy caught a major break. Not wearing a helmet right, being stupid on a motorcycle. He's lucky to be alive. People have died at lower speeds. He's also lucky he didn't lose a limb.

Michael82
05-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Yeah he caught a break. Probally broken ribs.

In all seriousness this guy caught a major break. Not wearing a helmet right, being stupid on a motorcycle. He's lucky to be alive. People have died at lower speeds. He's also lucky he didn't lose a limb.
Good post. He is definitely lucky to be alive. What a dumbass! :mad:

camelcowboy
05-04-2005, 01:24 PM
I think it's great, On sirus they said that Chris Carter was ripping on Winslow for not "treating his body like a temple". You know you've done something stupid when Chris "where's the Drugs"Carter is ripping on you for making a bad decisions. I know he's clean now, but this is the last guy that should be ripping on someone for doing something stupid when their young.

Can we have Deon Sanders views on the subject next? Or how about Ray Lewis talking about the value of human life. That would be funny.

DraftBoy
05-04-2005, 01:42 PM
I heard the same thing this morning on the radio that Winslow declared himself out for the season no official team word.

camelcowboy
05-04-2005, 01:46 PM
I heard the same thing this morning on the radio that Winslow declared himself out for the season no official team word.
Good to see his Jaw wasn't broken! All he will be good for is stupid quotes.

Bulldog
05-05-2005, 11:53 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-pleasureridewheeliewasfor&prov=knight&type=lgns

After reading that, I'd bet that Winslow was doing more than just learning how to ride the damn thing. That idiot deserves whatever he gets.

Mr. Miyagi
05-05-2005, 11:55 AM
http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/sports/story/055202005_spt01winslow05.asp

:rofl:

Bulldog
05-05-2005, 12:05 PM

The Browns have got ot be pissed. What an a-hole!

Michael82
05-05-2005, 12:33 PM

:gag:

The_Philster
05-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Kellen Winslow Jr. apologized to Browns fans on Thursday for his reckless use of a motorcycle and confirmed that he will miss the upcoming season because of injuries sustained in the crash.

Winslow tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and suffered unspecified internal injuries on May 1 when he wrecked his high-powered motorcycle while attempting tricks in a secluded parking lot near his home...more (http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/sports/11746601.htm)

The Natrix
05-26-2005, 08:48 PM
See that Draftboy, he was attempting tricks.

Michael82
05-27-2005, 05:22 AM
Mikey he was not doing stunts he was trying to learn how to ride it in an empty parking lot, kinda like when we get our learners permit and we are trying to learn to drive, would you laugh at some kid who hit the curb in a car and hurt themselves? He was doing nothing wrong here yet people still can laugh at this bc of one comment he made, makes me sick.

You going to apologize now, DraftBoy? :snicker:

Winslow bought the motorcycle on April 9. Westlake Police obtained a surveillance tape that showed him performing "wheelies" on the bike before hitting a curb at 35 mph and flying over the handlebars.

http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/sports/11746601.htm