PDA

View Full Version : Everett done for the year

ddaryl
05-02-2005, 01:14 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Bills | Everett Has Torn ACL, Likely to Miss Season - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.kffl.com/)
Mon, 2 May 2005 10:53:00 -0700

Updating a previous report, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Buffalo Bills rookie TE Kevin Everett (knee), the team's third-round draft choice, suffered a torn ACL in his left knee during a minicamp practice Friday, April 29. Everett is scheduled to undergo surgery later this week and is likely headed toward the Injured Reserve list, effectively ending his season.
its also listed on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2051662

Jeff1220
05-02-2005, 01:17 PM
:crap: un'bill'eivable

SoCalBillsFan
05-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Wow, that really sucks.

OpIv37
05-02-2005, 01:19 PM
great- still no TE's and a makeshift O-line. Willis and JP are dead.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Now why can't this happen to JJ Arington, Ronnie Brown, or Benson?

justasportsfan
05-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Looks like Neufeld and Campbell will have to step it up knowing that there's someone waiting to heal in the sidelines or they're gone.

Now we have Everett where we want him. Looks like he will now be a great one just like the other 2 draftees we had w/ busted knees.

BAM
05-02-2005, 01:26 PM
http://www.biffosbooks.ic24.net/img/sky%20is%20falling_md.jpg

Good book.

Patti120
05-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Seems like there is some sort of curse involving tight ends and knees with the Bills.

That is crazy.

ddaryl
05-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Looks like Neufeld and Campbell will have to step it up knowing that there's someone waiting to heal in the sidelines or they're gone.

Now we have Everett where we want him. Looks like he will now be a great one just like the other 2 draftees we had w/ busted knees.

Euhus stepped in late last year and was looking good before his injury.If Campbell and Euhus make it back we will ok, but we will need to bring in another FA TE to compete IMO.

jpdex12
05-02-2005, 01:41 PM

its also listed on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2051662
Son of a .....

venis2k1
05-02-2005, 01:46 PM
at least we know this before june first cuts.

Dicknoze69
05-02-2005, 01:49 PM
damn...

OpIv37
05-02-2005, 01:58 PM
http://www.biffosbooks.ic24.net/img/sky%20is%20falling_md.jpg

Good book.

if 2 of the 3 tight ends on our rosters didn't already have busted knees, I wouldn't care. But now the only healthy TE's on our roster are last year's third stringer and a journeyman who's been bounced around the NFL (Trafford). Plus JP's gonna need all the help he can get, and from what I hear this Everett is much more of an offensive weapon than the other TE's on our roster. Does this in itself spell doom? No, but it's one more sign that the chips arent' falling where they should for this season.

Dicknoze69
05-02-2005, 02:01 PM
From John Clayton's Quick Hits:

Buffalo draft pick needs ACL surgery
Bills third-round choice Kevin Everett will undergo ACL surgery Wednesday to repair a knee he injured in mini-camp last Friday, his agent, Brian Overstreet, said. Everett is hopeful of being able to play this season, but Overstreet said Everett will be out until September or October. "The good news is that it's a perfectly clean tear and it involved only one ligament," Overstreet said. "He could be back this year. Right now, we have to get him the surgery and get him back." The Bills can put Everett on the physically-unable-to-perform list at the start of training camp, giving them the option of bringing him back by October without eating up a roster spot in the cutdown to 53 players. Everett hurt the knee when he jammed it into the turf on a non-contact play. The Bills might look to add a veteran such as Marcellus Rivers or Fred Baxter before camp.

Michael82
05-02-2005, 02:01 PM
So now we have 3 TEs on the team with torn ACLs? Oh man that blows!!! :mad: :curse:

BTW, I bet you that Kevin Everett will lose some money because of this now. :snicker:

Dicknoze69
05-02-2005, 02:02 PM
so there's a slight possibility he could be back in October...we'll put him on the PUP list and probably sign Rivers or Baxter

BuffaloRanger
05-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Of course the sky isn't falling. Make Peters a TE again. Gandy is a Pro-Bowler in waiting at LT. This team is primed for a playoff run!

This injury takes the heat off TD's draft. Instead of Everett not contributing much this year, he's injured.

Michael82
05-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Something tells me that they will change the rules for rookies practicing in the May Mini Camps before they have a contract to something different. He's probably going to lose some big bucks because of this freak injury.

Tatonka
05-02-2005, 02:11 PM
euhus and campbell will be fine.. there is nothing that says that they wont..

it is not a big deal.

OpIv37
05-02-2005, 02:12 PM
BTW, I bet you that Kevin Everett will lose some money because of this now. :snicker:

well, at least there's some good news- more cap to give to other players.

THATHURMANATOR
05-02-2005, 02:13 PM
What is the status of Euhus and Campbell??? If they are ready to go I don't mind either.

ddaryl
05-02-2005, 02:14 PM
Something tells me that they will change the rules for rookies practicing in the May Mini Camps before they have a contract to something different. He's probably going to lose some big bucks because of this freak injury.
I doubt it, he'll be paid market value in regards to the position he was drafted at.

Tatonka
05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
TD said they are ahead of schedule and plan on having them for training camp.

the thing that concerns me is that everett only played one year (started) at miami, and got a shoulder injury that ended his year early.. now one practice into his pro career he is out again for the year..

about everetts contract.. they sign waivers that says they will get paid the average for that pick prior to going to a minicamp without a contract.. he will get paid just what he would have.

ddaryl
05-02-2005, 02:16 PM
What is the status of Euhus and Campbell??? If they are ready to go I don't mind either.
Neither will be ready until training camp, and thats not guarenteed just specualtion, but the latest word was they were both progressing ahead of schedule.

Romes
05-02-2005, 02:23 PM
:curse:

I wanted to see this guy play. He could have added a dimention to the Bills offense that it didn't have.

:blowup:

Earthquake Enyart
05-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Please, thurm. We still have Jason Peters. He will play LT and TE.

Mr. Miyagi
05-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Bring in Rivers.

jamze132
05-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Mularkey will just have to find a way to overcome this travesty. It's not like we really had a TE last year.

BuffaloRanger
05-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Maybe the Bills offense could look for the TE in the Red Zone more than just one game a year. The Bills don't need a stud TE. They need to get the TE's they have more involved in the passing game. Maybe with JP not needing as much pass protection they can.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Time to say bye to the season since all 3 of our TEs have torn ACLs now. What the heck. just parade 3 or 4 wide out there every game ...

The only good news is that it is still early. Training camp is still 3 months away.

ParanoidAndroid
05-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Bring in Rivers.

Roger that.

The Spaz
05-02-2005, 03:13 PM
2 good things 1 is that it's a clean tear involving only 1 ligament and 2 his agent isn't Rosenhaus which I thought it was.:up::beers:

dannyek71
05-02-2005, 03:16 PM
so we essentially had no 1st or 3rd pick this year

Philagape
05-02-2005, 04:11 PM
so we essentially had no 1st or 3rd pick this year

And we essentially had two first-rounders last year. In fact, more than essentially ... We REALLY DID. :doh:

Philagape
05-02-2005, 04:12 PM
At least Everett isn't Kellen Winslow ........

Winslow hurt in motorcycle accident (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2051653)

Jayhawk
05-02-2005, 04:14 PM
:curse:

Bill Brasky
05-02-2005, 04:18 PM
great- still no TE's and a makeshift O-line. Willis and JP are dead.

don't say that... that kind of logical talk isn't allowed here!!!

Charlieguide
05-02-2005, 05:06 PM
I'm getting a little concerned about this. You know what they say:

once is an event
twice is a coincidence
three times is a pattern.

I wonder if there's something to this. Perhaps the turf, or the routes our TE's run, or some combination?

Nublar7
05-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Now why can't this happen to JJ Arington, Ronnie Brown, or Benson?Now why would you wish an injury on another player? That is sick man!

Anyways, sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully somehow he can heal fast and get back on the field sometime this year.

Bills 4 life
05-02-2005, 05:26 PM
GET REIMERSMA BACK. HE IS AVAILABLE. U MUST ADMIT, HE WASA GREAT RECEIVER DOWN FIELD.

Jan Reimers
05-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Of course the sky isn't falling. Make Peters a TE again. Gandy is a Pro-Bowler in waiting at LT. This team is primed for a playoff run!
This injury takes the heat off TD's draft. Instead of Everett not contributing much this year, he's injured.
I thought I was negative at times. You take it to a completely new level, however.

According to the reports that I have read, Campbell and Euhus are progressing very well and should be ready by training camp. Neufeld is not seriously injured, and Everett could be back by October.

This is a minor set back, not a major catastrophe. I mostly feel bad for Everett, who seems like a solid, hard working kid who got a lousy break.

Bling
05-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Now why can't this happen to JJ Arington, Ronnie Brown, or Benson?

You're an a-hole....

:negrep:

Bling
05-02-2005, 05:44 PM
There goes the only mediocre player the Bills drafted this year.....

Good luck with Roscoe!

ShadowHawk7
05-02-2005, 05:59 PM
so there's a slight possibility he could be back in October...we'll put him on the PUP list and probably sign Rivers or Baxter

euhus and campbell will be fine.. there is nothing that says that they wont..

it is not a big deal.

Yeah. Would of loved to have him and have a possible Bubba Franks or Randy McMichael here though.. :;:

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 06:03 PM
GET REIMERSMA BACK. HE IS AVAILABLE. U MUST ADMIT, HE WASA GREAT RECEIVER DOWN FIELD.Yeah, but don't forget Riemersa never could stay off the IR himself. Sure bring him back, it will be bills TE happy hour down at rehab

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 06:06 PM
:lmao: I know we should try to bring Tony Hunter out of retirement.

chernobylwraiths
05-02-2005, 06:10 PM
It is just the TE position. Aside from a few like Gates, Shockey, Gonzales, TEs are a dime a dozen. If Campbell and Euhus aren't ready, I'm sure we would be able to find someone who can block and catch a pass once in a while. No big deal.

Dicknoze69
05-02-2005, 06:37 PM
It is just the TE position. Aside from a few like Gates, Shockey, Gonzales, TEs are a dime a dozen. If Campbell and Euhus aren't ready, I'm sure we would be able to find someone who can block and catch a pass once in a while. No big deal.

I agree. Chances are that Everett wouldn't have contributed much this year anyways. Euhus and Campbell will be fine come TC and we'll sign someone to fill in.

Hopefully Everett can come in late this season, or most likely next season and make an impact.

Bulldog
05-02-2005, 06:44 PM
There goes the only mediocre player the Bills drafted this year.....

Good luck with Roscoe!

You're an a-hole also! Get lost troll.

mybills
05-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey log..I told ya they shouldn't have drafted him! :snicker:

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 06:52 PM
You're an a-hole also! Get lost troll.
:lmao:

Turf
05-02-2005, 07:32 PM
Too many godamn camps IMO. They're taking risks overworking these guys all year long. What did this week actually accomplish?

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Too many godamn camps IMO. They're taking risks overworking these guys all year long. What did this week actually accomplish?
I would have felt better if it happen on the second or third day. Theres always a rookie who tears up their knee on the first day. Sean Jones of the Browns last year. There alot of players this year, matt jones, Mark Clayton, who pulled Hamstrings, don't these guys know to how to stretch before working out.

Tatonka
05-02-2005, 08:20 PM
didnt the pats lose their first round TE last year? watson.

Dozerdog
05-02-2005, 08:23 PM
didnt the pats lose their first round TE last year? watson.
I remember him holding out forever- he was by far the last first round draftee signed.

Then he got nicked up- I don't think it was too serious- enough to stash the rookie on IR

Kerr
05-02-2005, 11:35 PM
This really sucks. Hopefully he can come back later in the season and contribute.

Ickybaluky
05-03-2005, 05:52 AM
I remember him holding out forever- he was by far the last first round draftee signed.

Then he got nicked up- I don't think it was too serious- enough to stash the rookie on IR

I don't think they wanted to stash him, he looked like he was going to be a player, flashing pretty amazing athletic ability.

He injured his knee after the first couple games. It took them a few weeks to put him on IR after that, because they were not sure if he would be able to return by late in the season.

His wasn't an ACL, but it was a similar situation with a knee injury. They also lost their 3rd-round pick to injury, promising young S Guss Scott, during training camp.

Yasgur's Farm
05-03-2005, 06:17 AM
Marcellus Rivers should be signed within a week.

elltrain22
05-03-2005, 06:20 AM
This news really sucks, but I think he'll be back this year..

gobuffalo2007
05-03-2005, 06:44 AM

its also listed on ESPN

this is incorrect on nfl.com and bbs.com it states that he will be out for 4-6 months so he could be back by the start of the season.

Voltron
05-03-2005, 08:25 AM
This makes me wonder if the field turf was the right choice. 3 of the same position going down with ACL injuries :huh:

RedEyE
05-03-2005, 10:13 AM
What's Pete Metzalars doing these days?

Typ0
05-03-2005, 10:50 AM
This makes me wonder if the field turf was the right choice. 3 of the same position going down with ACL injuries :huh:

I doubt minicamp was held in the stadium...probably out back and it's artificial turf.

ExWNYer
05-03-2005, 10:58 AM

its also listed on ESPN

Per today's Buffalo News:

"The team said no timetable is set for his return, but it's likely the earliest he would be back is late September or October".

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050503/1057684.asp?tbd1057684.asp

Dicknoze69
05-03-2005, 10:58 AM
I doubt minicamp was held in the stadium...probably out back and it's artificial turf.

Actually it was in the stadium

Voltron
05-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Actually it was in the stadium
They also have Field Turf on the practice field.

chernobylwraiths
05-03-2005, 11:06 AM

It's just a fluke IMO. I would be a lot more worried if there were several injuries from all different positions. I don't see the TE having to make any more moves than say a FB or OLB with approximately the same size individual.

Yasgur's Farm
05-03-2005, 11:11 AM
This makes me wonder if the field turf was the right choice. 3 of the same position going down with ACL injuries :huh:Campbell and Euhus got rolled up on when they were injured... There was no twisting involved.

I can't think of any other Bill getting his foot hung up with the field turf. Could be that Everett had the wrong spiked on.

Typ0
05-03-2005, 11:16 AM
OK so I was wrong :D

Romes
05-03-2005, 11:48 AM
We had field turf at my high school. No one that I know of ever tore their acl on it but I know that if I wore my long cleats it was easy to twist my knee. I had to play with short cleats on the stuff.

Mahdi
05-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Isn't it possible that Everett is healthy by September or October? That would be 5 months. Then he would have only missed 3 games.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Unless I'm mistaken, if they put him on the PUP list--which would save the team a roster spot--the earliest that he could be activated would be for Game Six. The team would have between Weeks 6 and Week 10 to decide whether to activate him. After Week 10, if a player on the PUP list hasn't been activated, the team must either place him on IR or release him. I don't believe the player can participate actively in team practices while on the PUP list, but he can workout and rehab at the team's facilities and, I think, take part in the the team's classroom/film study sessions. This is the same list that JP Losman was placed on when he was injured last season.

Depending on the outcome of his surgery, the PUP list might be the best option for Everett if the Bills feel that he will be able to recover quickly from his surgery and be able to rehab it enough to play this season. As I see it, even if Everett recovers quickly from his surgery, it would be unreasonable to expect him to be ready to play immediately with virtually no opportunity to practice or get himself in game-shape. If there's any chance that he might be able to play this season, putting him on the PUP list at least gives the team some flexibility to bring him back when he is ready to play.

chernobylwraiths
05-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Put him on the IR. It is useless IMO to hope he can rehab fast and to expect anything from a rookie anyway. I have always heard that torn ACLs take a full year to recover from. Let him and he knee be fully strong before coming back.

BTW, I read where Campbell and Euhus were both hurt in the same game in Miami on grass.