PDA

View Full Version : A-Train signs w/ Cowboys...

Romes
05-02-2005, 06:22 PM
It was reported on NFL Total Access just now.

ShadowHawk7
05-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Bad day for the Bills..

One year contract, undisclosed terms.
:censored:

AndreReed83
05-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Usually I let TD off the hook, but not this time. You *****ED up DIP*****.

AndreReed83
05-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Ahhhh, that felt good.

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 06:32 PM
:blowup: That Demulling feeling all over again

ShadowHawk7
05-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Yeah no kidding..

Off of NFL Network if anyone wants to know.

Mr. Miyagi
05-02-2005, 07:18 PM
The good thing is, at least this dries up the RB market a little more. Comes training camp and Cedrick Benson pops an ACL for example, we got a 2nd rounder in our pocket. :up:

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 07:36 PM
The good thing is, at least this dries up the RB market a little more. Comes training camp and Cedrick Benson pops an ACL for example, we got a 2nd rounder in our pocket. :up:
Good point, i think, its just hard rooting for someone to blow out a knee. How about this Cedrick Benson takes a page out of Ricky Williams book, and goes to some place in India to smoke some weed.

Ickybaluky
05-02-2005, 08:27 PM
According to Len Pasquarelli (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2051923), Thomas wanted to sign with Buffalo, but was spooked by the Henry situation:

"Thomas, 27, visited recently with Buffalo Bills officials and acknowledged that he would like to sign there. But the Bills have been unable to trade Travis Henry this offseason and Thomas did not want to wait to see if a deal developed."

Jayhawk
05-02-2005, 08:31 PM
meanwhile we still have Henry. :curse:

The Spaz
05-02-2005, 08:54 PM
According to Len Pasquarelli (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2051923), Thomas wanted to sign with Buffalo, but was spooked by the Henry situation:

"Thomas, 27, visited recently with Buffalo Bills officials and acknowledged that he would like to sign there. But the Bills have been unable to trade Travis Henry this offseason and Thomas did not want to wait to see if a deal developed."

Why thanks for bringing this to our attention.:rolleyes:

ZacGriffi~82
05-02-2005, 09:23 PM
i'm fine with cage and williams.

Charlieguide
05-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeah, that's great. TD holds firm on wanting a 2nd rounder, but can't make the best potential backup in the market feel wanted. So we end up with unproven depth, except for the one guy that says he's willing to sit out the season unless he gets traded, which won't happen until there aren't any more RB's available.

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Are you kidding me? we could of had Thomas, and he baulked because TD was caught holding the bag with the henry trade. Im a TD fan but more and more i understand why he hasn't been extended yet. This is Bull
:zonelunch

^Dennis Green, Andy Reid, and Chucky regarding henry trade!!<DENNIS p trade.< Henry the regarding Chucky and Reid, Andy Green,>

ShadowHawk7
05-02-2005, 10:48 PM
cage

Cage?

Chucky

Chucky? :scratch:

So basically we didn't get A-Train, cuz we didn't trade TH? Dang. The notion TD never was offered a third rounder for him better be true. :mad:

camelcowboy
05-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Chucky? :scratch:

So basically we didn't get A-Train, cuz we didn't trade TH? Dang. The notion TD never was offered a third rounder for him better be true. :mad:
Jon Gruden Tampa Bay Buc's head coach, My bad.

Charlieguide
05-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Ya know, this just occurred to me. In addition to missing out on trades with the Cardinals and Eagles, TD just screwed himself even further by letting this happen. If he had any sense, he'd have found out who was looking at A-Train (Bills, Cowpies, Bungles, Seahawks, Saints, and Jags) and thought "hmm . . . a lot of teams are talking to this guy . . . maybe I should get him before anyone else."

Yeah, Tom, maybe you SHOULD have! Because then, maybe the Cowboys would have TRADED for HENRY!!! That could even have been your sales pitch for reassuring AT that Henry would be moved! TD is playing way too conservative in this deal, and it's costing us too much. We could have had a starting LT, straight up, then signed AT. Somehow, he thinks waiting to see if some team might need him later in the year so badly that they'll give up a 1 or 2 is more valuable . . . I just don't get it.

Marvelous
05-03-2005, 02:32 AM
Charlie, We couldn't have gotten a starting LT. I agree with the same frustration but i give the staff the benifit of the doubt on the Shelton deal. Lets assume Mcnally knows a thing ot two about lineman :)

Jan Reimers
05-03-2005, 05:42 AM
We currently have Henry, Williams and Gates behind Willis. We generally keep only 3 RBs. Thomas would have been a nice addition, but we're deep enough at RB without him.

Let's stop all the hand wringing, please?

ZacGriffi~82
05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Cage?

doh! gates

gobuffalo2007
05-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Im sick of this Td is probably going to come up with some dumb reason he didnt sign him and then he will go out and sign some no name and then cut him in traning camp.
hey the good thing is that with the forst overall pick we can get Matt L. for QB and start rebuilding.....again.

Bulldog
05-03-2005, 07:31 AM
Im sick of this Td is probably going to come up with some dumb reason he didnt sign him and then he will go out and sign some no name and then cut him in traning camp.
hey the good thing is that with the forst overall pick we can get Matt L. for QB and start rebuilding.....again.

:lmao: You people are unreal. Buffalo didn't sign a back-up RB and now they're destined to have the 1st overall pick in next years draft? WOW

gobuffalo2007
05-03-2005, 07:33 AM
:lmao: You people are unreal. Buffalo didn't sign a back-up RB and now they're destined to have the 1st overall pick in next years draft? WOW

I was joking the Bills are going 13-3.

Bulldog
05-03-2005, 07:35 AM
I was joking the Bills are going 13-3.

Thats more like it! I'll go with 10-6 though.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-03-2005, 07:52 AM
This doesn't sound like TD as much as it sounds like A-Train wasn't comfortable here.

mysticsoto
05-03-2005, 08:01 AM
This doesn't sound like TD as much as it sounds like A-Train wasn't comfortable here.
Exactly. People need to realize that Mr. Thomas has to decide where he wants to go. Nobody can force him to sign with us. Seeing that TH is still here may have spooked him, but there's also the fact that 4 have a ton of RBs currently signed. A-Train wants to play and he may have felt that he has the best chance in Dallas where they have essentially 1 good RB while we have several (even without TH). That alone may have been a big factor. I haven't seen much of what Lionel Gates is capable of, but he seems like a big guy and might be (atleast for now) a poor man's A-train...

dannyek71
05-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Im glad we didnt get him. We just have to make sure to spread carries between Shaud and Gates. We have to be sure not to be having willis carry the ball 30+ times every game so he doesnt get warn out.

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2005, 09:12 AM
:blowup: That Demulling feeling all over again
I really didn't want Demulling. I kinda wanted A train but he wasn't going to make or break our team.

Mr. Miyagi
05-03-2005, 09:15 AM
I bet Bledsoe was badmouthing us to A-Train. :curse:

Dicknoze69
05-03-2005, 09:25 AM
A-train might have gotten cut with us anyways.

camelcowboy
05-03-2005, 09:33 AM
A-train might have gotten cut with us anyways.
More pissed at the fact that Henry still in on the roster.

The Natrix
05-03-2005, 10:09 AM
I really could care less about Anthony Thomas.

justasportsfan
05-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Relax. I would hate to wish any injury on anyone however it does happen. Everett is an example. Didn't we trade Olandis Gary when the lions starting rb went down atcamp? You guys want an LT , Henry could be our trump card. You don't trade your trump card for nothing. TD is not fallible however , he's not stupid either. He's done pretty well in dealing for players. Yes, even Drew at that time was considered cheap for a 1st rd. pick when he was breaking our franchise records.

Canadian'eh!
05-03-2005, 10:32 AM
was a 1 year deal for 650,000 and a 350,000 SB. just FYI.

bpbunn
05-03-2005, 10:48 AM
A backup running back is hardly a big deal, so everyone calm done about TD. And frankly, having held Travis thus far is money in the bank. At some point, someone's starting RB is going to go down and that team will be willing to part with someone better than a 3rd round pick. Worst case -- the Bills hold Travis and he's a great backup.

ShadowHawk7
05-03-2005, 11:42 AM
I'd like to see what S Williams can do behind McGahee anyway, he was a pretty solid backup last year, and hopefully Gates can contribute in short, tough, yard situations.

LtFinFan66
05-03-2005, 04:31 PM
If you guys trade Henry, who would your #2 back be? Just wondering.

Romes
05-03-2005, 04:33 PM
If you guys trade Henry, who would your #2 back be? Just wondering.

On the roster now it would either be Shaud Williams or Lionel Gates. Garrison Hearst came in for a visit earlier in FA so he could still be a possibility.

frank74
05-03-2005, 08:08 PM
i think in a way A-Train would have been great to have around for the experience factor. if we deal TH, then we really don't have any experienced NFL RBs. I mean, am I upset we didn't get him, no. But, it might help a lot to have a veteran like him around.