PDA

View Full Version : This is crap!

The Natrix
12-14-2002, 07:04 PM
I just checked the local listings (Adelphia, Utica NY), and the game is not being shown. I have not missed a game all season and I'm not about to start now!

I have never been there, but I think Champs sports bar in Utica has a screen for every game. I may have to check it out. Does anyone else know where they show Bills games in Central NY?

this got me to thinking....a "nothing but Bills" bar in the Utica/Rome area would be a gauranteed success. I'll let you guys know if I ever make it happen. The possibility of a move by the Bills would be my only concern.

God, I would so much rather watch the game here, especially since it's a 1 o'clock game

Bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WG
12-14-2002, 07:16 PM
I hear ya. They should have a percentage of people in the viewing area that are able to watch it before blacking it out. Like 80% or something like that. That's the NFL for ya. Don't want to miss out on even a buck!

I wouldn't think that you'd have to hit a Bills bar though. Aren't there any sports bars in general? I'm sure they'll have all the games.

The Natrix
12-14-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Aren't there any sports bars in general? I'm sure they'll have all the games.

my post was 1/10 the length of your average post, yet you couldn't read the whole thing.

mackey789
12-14-2002, 07:23 PM
they black the games out in syracuse too...it sucks. Watertown is the closest that televises everything. Thank god for bunny ears!

The Natrix
12-14-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

Champs sports bar in Utica has a screen for every game.

:idea:

The Natrix
12-14-2002, 07:25 PM
what is bunny ears, dare I ask?

The Natrix
12-14-2002, 07:25 PM
or who is bunny ears?

The Natrix
12-14-2002, 07:26 PM
headphones?

The Natrix
12-14-2002, 07:26 PM
I like zone bucks

RedEyE
12-14-2002, 07:41 PM
Programmable Satellite H-cards!!!!!! Gotta love 'em.

The Natrix
12-14-2002, 07:44 PM
interesting.

I though maybe Bunny Ears was mackeys girlfriend, the one with Sunday ticket or who lives in Watertown.

LuvDaBills11
12-14-2002, 08:16 PM
blackout rules suck especially for a team with alosing record. i hope you get to see the game. i have a meeting so i will probably miss half of it. someone tell me how it goes.

Tatonka
12-14-2002, 09:56 PM
bunny ears = antenna on top of your tv..

get directv man.. the nfl ticket is the only way to go.. and what i would do is, if you have family outside of the buffalo area (or where ever the blackout applies) i would have the bill sent there, that way, they wont black out your nfl ticket.. just a suggestion..

The Natrix
12-14-2002, 10:10 PM
F-that, people who live in the area shouldn't have to pay for direct TV. Its those coo coo bills fans out in Cali that should be stuck paying for that nonsense

Cntrygal
12-14-2002, 10:36 PM
Imagine how I feel in South Dakota.... Kickoff is at 11am here. :eek: (and of course I have to go to a sportsbar to see the game)

Cntrygal
12-14-2002, 10:38 PM

my post was 1/10 the length of your average post, yet you couldn't read the whole thing.

:lol:

OpIv37
12-15-2002, 10:37 AM
I actually just got directtv- the monthly package is actually no more expensive than cable TV but in my opinion, infinitely better. Yes, the NFL Sunday Ticket is $200 extra a year, but worth every penny. I can finally see the Bills games, and I don' t have to get pissed when the local station show Baltimore-Cincinnatti instead of KC-Oakland or Green Bay-Tampa Bay.

DIHARD2
12-15-2002, 10:43 AM
Did you hear Direct TV 's five-year deal. That is the reason more people are going to be black out, they had to make some sort of a deal in order to get that kind of money.

To me, the fans are the ones who are getting it up the butt. People I know who have DirecTV are not happy with it. Here in this area, unless they have two inlets for their TV, like A and B antennas or they buy a splitter, and use an outside antenna.

But if you live in an area like mine an out side antenna will not get you local stations. You have to have cable or pay their extra price, they don't get local channels without paying somebody. And after football unless, you have interest in something else then there useless.

If everybody that has DirecTV would just stop buying for one year they would give it to the cable companies and you have access to everything, without paying the extra prices. You also have to have a box for every TV and that has to be a pain.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

The Natrix
12-15-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by DIHARD2

If everybody that has DirecTV would just stop buying for one year

communism doesn't work

anyway, I am off to the bar, peace.

lets go Buffalo!

DIHARD2
12-15-2002, 11:56 AM
The Natrix LMAO

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Dozerdog
12-15-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by DIHARD2
Did you hear Direct TV 's five-year deal. That is the reason more people are going to be black out, they had to make some sort of a deal in order to get that kind of money.

To me, the fans are the ones who are getting it up the butt. People I know who have DirecTV are not happy with it. Here in this area, unless they have two inlets for their TV, like A and B antennas or they buy a splitter, and use an outside antenna.

But if you live in an area like mine an out side antenna will not get you local stations. You have to have cable or pay their extra price, they don't get local channels without paying somebody. And after football unless, you have interest in something else then there useless.

If everybody that has DirecTV would just stop buying for one year they would give it to the cable companies and you have access to everything, without paying the extra prices. You also have to have a box for every TV and that has to be a pain.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

The blackout rules were in place long before satelite dishes were ever invented. Direct TV has zero influence on what the local stations carry/will carry.

The Direct TV deal is just a pimple on an elephant's butt in comparison to the network TV package of 18 BILLION!!! dollars!

You can build 10 aircraft carriers for what it costs the networks to put on NFL

I really don't know what you are talking about. The top 40 or so TV markets now have their channels available (including Buffalo) on the dish so you don't need fancy AB setups. If you don't live in a market that provides local stations (like Albany) you still can get the network feeds. And the best part is you get an east/west feed. So if you miss your favorite 9 PM show, you get the repeat at midnight.

For sports fans, you have the ability to get College and pro packages, hockey, college & pro BBall, MLB, soccer, whatever. They have exclusive channels for foreiners, like all Indian channels, Russian channels, Asian Channels, spanish, arabic...

There are technical limitations to satelite, unless you have $$$ to overcome them. I'm in the TV business, and dealt with every imaginable cable /satelite/ other system out there. i have direct TV and love the thing.

shelby
12-15-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Programmable Satellite H-cards!!!!!! Gotta love 'em.

:tongue:

you are a brat, BAMF!!

The Natrix
12-15-2002, 08:51 PM
could not find the Bills game anywhere.

I caught the bonus coverage (last 2 minutes or so)

ublinkwescore
12-15-2002, 09:03 PM
F-that, people who live in the area shouldn't have to pay for direct TV. Its those coo coo bills fans out in Cali that should be stuck paying for that nonsense

so did you get to watch the game today?

The reason I ask is because I'm a coo coo Bills fan out in Cali, and I got to watch it.

I especially enjoyed the play where Travis Henry got knocked down by Philip Crosby, and then got up real quick, and ran up field like 15 yards - unfortunately he fumbled, but at least I got to watch it.

Oh yeah, did I mention, I didn't have to pay a cent - My friend's got Satellite.

ublinkwescore
12-15-2002, 09:05 PM
and I got free Beer!

Even though it was budweiser (not my favorite beer, but I'm obeying the man code).

BillyT92679
12-15-2002, 09:10 PM
The blackout rule is extraordinarily cumbersome and oddly defined. Utica, although over 200 miles from Buffalo, is blacked out when CBS covers the Bills because the only CBS affiliate in CNY (WTVH 5) at one time had its signal reach a swath of Yates Co no bigger than an airline runway. The six houses or so in this viewing area were within (by a few hundred yards) the 75 mile distance to the center of RWS. The senses reel at this. Of course this means one million people (combined population of the Syracuse and Utica/Rome metro areas) cannot see the Bills, although it would take them several hours to actually attend a game.

The Natrix
12-15-2002, 09:16 PM
could not find the Bills game anywhere.

I caught the bonus coverage (last 2 minutes or so)

ublink, I really hate to quote myself (not really)

ublinkwescore
12-15-2002, 09:25 PM
I know, I was rubbing it in.

I'm gonna watch the NFL recap on ESPN here in about 2 and a half hours so I can watch that Henry play again (I hope they show it).