PDA

View Full Version : Bengals release Kevin Hardy

Charlieguide
05-04-2005, 01:34 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2052503

Good looking stats over his career. We have a great starting LB corps, but no depth. Put Hardy in the mix, and suddenly Posey makes for strong depth.

Plus, it would give us the opportunity to use more 3-4 sets to give DT's a rest.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-04-2005, 03:06 AM
With other teams in far more need of OLBs, Hardy probably would cost too much to sign. He had a decent year for Cincy last season, but hardly the kind of year that was typical of him when he was younger and, at 31, that would be something that you would have to take into consideration before investing the kind of money that he probably will be able to command from teams needing immediate help at the position.

At this stage, IMHO he would be a luxury and I would prefer that the Bills use the money that it would take to sign him to fill other needs that the team has elsewhere. But, that's just my opinion....

EDS
05-04-2005, 08:05 AM
How good can he be if he was cut by the Bengals? Are they even close to the salary cap?

Kerr
05-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Apparently he has been playing end also, just like Posey. If anything, he'd bring leadership and some skills.

THATHURMANATOR
05-04-2005, 11:10 AM
How good can he be if he was cut by the Bengals? Are they even close to the salary cap?

They Bengals have more wins than we do over the last 2 years.

Voltron
05-04-2005, 11:24 AM
We have some decent depth at LB. We just never see them on the field besides special teams. Josh Stamer has a good motor and Crowell does well on STs. I think we need to forget about the LB corps and look at OL and DL for right now.

BuffaloRanger
05-04-2005, 06:07 PM
For some reason, the Bills would put Crowell and Stamer in at the Goal line. Anyone else wonder WTF?

The_Philster
05-04-2005, 06:09 PM
For some reason, the Bills would put Crowell and Stamer in at the Goal line. Anyone else wonder WTF?

It's pretty normal for teams to pull out DBs and put in extra LBs and DL on goalline situations

mysticsoto
05-04-2005, 07:33 PM
In place of who? The CB? S? You need less speed at the goal line, I guess. Maybe Crowell and Stamer are taller? Or stronger and they can help tackle a RB better???

Voltron
05-05-2005, 09:38 AM
You can go slower because you have less ground to cover so you don't have to have your fastest players on the field. Especially the first 2 downs which is more than likely to be a running play.