PDA

View Full Version : Jill Kelly

The_Philster
08-04-2002, 03:23 PM
Is anyone else simply amazed by this lady?
The first time I saw her was when JK was being interviewed by "Downtown" Julie Brown before SB XXIX and she was off to the side. My only thought was :hubba:, Jim's picked himself a total doll.
Since then, with how she's been a rock at his side with his retirement and now with Hunter, I have to say it wasn't her looks that primarily attracted Jim to her. She's an incredibly tough lady as well as being beautiful. I think her strength of character rivals, if not surpasses, that of Jim's, to be able to handle all that they've gone through.

bduff54
08-04-2002, 04:22 PM
no offense to anyone. but when your husban has about 30 million dollars it's not that hard to smile al lthe time. there are thousands of people in thw world who face real problems everyday and don't have the millions of dollars to save their childrens lives!

The_Philster
08-04-2002, 04:59 PM
Good point, but it's not like Hunter's life can be saved as far as anyone knows. All the money that Jim has isn't helping keep him alive...they're just trying to make him comfortable. The kid's tough....just like his mom and dad.

Buffalofan
08-04-2002, 06:19 PM
BDuff54,

You're kidding right ? That was probably the worst reply to a thread I have read in a long time and frankly you should be ashamed of yourself !!

Money is not everything and if you think Jill Kelly is able to smile and be the mother and wife that she is simply because of the money you are crazy.

Jill Kelly in my opinion is just as tough as Jim and Hunter and would still be there smiling next to her husband and son even if there was no money left in the account. She has loyalty, devotion and the family values that this world has seem to forgotten about.

All the money in the world will unfortunatley not save Hunters life and they know that. When most parents would have chosen to pull the plug the Kellys have chosen to fight. Its not about the money Mr BDuff ..its about love for thier son .. the kind of love that no amount of money can buy.

And for The_Philster I say Thank You for aknowledging Jill Kelly and her commitment to the Kelly family. Best post I have read since I joined the board, .. its just a shame BDuff54 chose to sour it.

The_Philster
08-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Just seeing how she has been through the whole ordeal with Hunter has really impressed me. I knew she was beautiful but I never realized how tough a lady she really was. I guess Jim saw a little of himself in her.

bduff54
08-04-2002, 08:28 PM
i respect them both, it just sickens me when people refer to them as heroes and inspirations. there are plenty of people who simply can't afford to get the best medical help for their dieing children. I just wish people would recognize the neighbour down the street sometimes instead of the multi-million dollar QB!

HenryRules
08-04-2002, 08:54 PM
I dunno BDuff, Jim Kelly went after his dream with everything, never once wavering from it and even coming back from a shoulder injury that could have ended his career before it had even started. Who cares about how much money he makes/made, if someone wanted to choose a hero, what's wrong with choosing someone with his qualities?
Personally, I can't think of a neighbour of mine who has gone after their dreams with the desire and class that Kelly has. I'm also pretty cure that most people who go after their dreams like that would not be my neighbours, because they would be millionaires themselves. There's nothing wrong whatsoever with having money (i.e. the Kellys), sometimes it is indicative of hard work and perserverance.
Don't forget, Jim Kelly earned his money everyday. He never held a gun to anyone's head to take the money, nor did he fraudulantely fool anyone into given him the money, nor did he illegally withdrew his services (as many teachers in my area have done), nor did he physically attacke people doing their job while he was on strike (as striking workers in the Toronto area did to people cleaning up some of the messes around the area), nor did he illegally take over property to perform his charitable acts (as OCAP - Ontario Coalition Against Poverty - has done in Toronto). IMO, the common man is often a much worse hero to choose than someone like Jim Kelly.

The_Philster
08-04-2002, 09:41 PM
You have to remember, BDuff....Jill Kelly is one of the main forces behind the Hunter's Hope foundation...which is meant to help discover a cure for Krabbe's disease...for all children, not just rich children

JefftheBillsfan
08-05-2002, 09:04 AM
If the best things in life are for free....the worst things in life share the same fate. No amount of money can offset such a tragic event that she has to live with every day. Please don't tell me that I am wrong...because I know as well as you that I am not.

Luvbills
08-05-2002, 10:53 AM
To Bduff...
Are you serious??? Jim and jill NEVER refer to themselves as heroes..Hunter is the hero. Spend a day with them, watch as they suction him so he can breathe, watch as they feed him through a tube in his stomach. Hunter has saved more children by his birth than you will ever know. Krabbes kids are the heroes. Their families are full of strength and toughness you will never have.

BillsNYC
08-05-2002, 12:07 PM
chill out guys

ArcticWildMan
08-05-2002, 12:26 PM
Come on EE...last warning...no name calling. We can all be civil here.

Next warning is a yellow card...

Earthquake Enyart
08-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by bduff54
lol EE, all i said is jill kelly is no more a hero than anyone else. she dosen't have to work for a living, it is a lot easire for her to be a strong woman than others! I think this post (not the poster) is incredibly stupid.

Dozerdog
08-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Listen EE, let's not get into personal lives.

I have been stricken by tragedy, and spent many years working with the Variety Club of Buffalo for Children's hospital helping many kids with just htese kinds of problems. But it's nobody's buisness.

If you take a guy's opinion and want to let him know how you really feel, PM the guy. Nothing wrong with calling someone ignorant through PM's. Just don't do it on the boards.

I was shocked by his statements, but I'm not going to start a fight on a public Message board.

Dozerdog
08-05-2002, 12:29 PM
This is moving to the smackdown forum.

To Bad... Maybe I can split the thread. Jill Kelly deserves better than this.

BillsNYC
08-05-2002, 12:31 PM
she deserves ME!

JefftheBillsfan
08-05-2002, 12:37 PM
hmmm....thought I would throw my 2 cents in. Jaded is right...if you have a problem with each other either fix it or at least forget it. We are all entitled to our own opinions and when that is taken away from us...what do we have?

IMO the Kelly family is one of heros. They could just be bitter and complain...or even buy the world for Hunter...but they are trying to help others...poor and rich alike. They are using their wealth for the betterment of others. I do also respect bduff's opinion...there are other people who go through the same thing and don't have the ability to do anything about it. It is a trajedy that we can't feel for all of them, because we should. But Jim Kelly is not only a football player...he was part of us. It is almost like I feel related to Hunter. I think a lot of us feel the same way...those are my thoughts.

Dozerdog
08-05-2002, 12:39 PM
OK- I copied this thread in the Smack forum-

the one remaining here has been edited - without the sniping.

bduff54
08-05-2002, 12:40 PM
lol i can't believe you just erased my opinion! i guess if somebody bashes bledsoe we should just split up the thread and make it all perfect!

ArcticWildMan
08-05-2002, 12:42 PM
LOL!! No..it's in the other thread Bduf... Dozer is trying to keep this thread alive by keeping it Jim Kelly orientated minus the argument...

Earthquake Enyart
08-05-2002, 12:47 PM
No duff, it's the other site that erases all the posts.

Rude American
08-05-2002, 12:49 PM
just yours *******

Rude American
08-05-2002, 12:49 PM
oops I did it again.

Dozerdog
08-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Your opinion is intact on the other thread. I created a duplicate thread to stay on the topic, bduff.

http://www.billsfanzone.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=725

Here are all of your opinions, I just didn't want this thread to deteriorat einto a pissing match.

Dozerdog
08-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by bduff54
lol i can't believe you just erased my opinion! i guess if somebody bashes bledsoe we should just split up the thread and make it all perfect! Bash the subject all you want, bashing each other is not allowed.

Valerie
08-05-2002, 12:56 PM
Good idea, Dozer. :) Unfortunately with some people, all you're ever going to get is a pissing match. :(

Earthquake Enyart
08-05-2002, 01:27 PM
:pee:

The_Philster
08-05-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
hmmm....thought I would throw my 2 cents in. Jaded is right...if you have a problem with each other either fix it or at least forget it. We are all entitled to our own opinions and when that is taken away from us...what do we have?

IMO the Kelly family is one of heros. They could just be bitter and complain...or even buy the world for Hunter...but they are trying to help others...poor and rich alike. They are using their wealth for the betterment of others. I do also respect bduff's opinion...there are other people who go through the same thing and don't have the ability to do anything about it. It is a trajedy that we can't feel for all of them, because we should. But Jim Kelly is not only a football player...he was part of us. It is almost like I feel related to Hunter. I think a lot of us feel the same way...those are my thoughts.

I certainly feel the same way. I think that's why Hunter Kelly is thought of more than other children when this disease is brought up...because his father is famous. It IS almost as if it's not just his son, but a member of the Bills family as well. Right or wrong, it's the people you know whose diseases hit home much more often. I myself had never heard of Krabbe's disease until Hunter.

bduff54
08-05-2002, 01:44 PM
my response was started with the first sentence of this thread, and it really upset me. why would i be amazed by her?? it jsut dosen't make sense. i see the lady on my street with the down syndrome son and she works 9-5 everyday as well taking care of this child and i wonder how come nobody is amazed by her? but if your the beautiful wife of a miilionaire QB you are seen as strong and a role model to all! taht's all i was trying to say!

JefftheBillsfan
08-05-2002, 01:50 PM
IMO both sides are right...dbuff feels compsion for the Kellys too...he just wishes that everyone got the sympathy and attention reguardless of how famous or rich they are. He is right...it shouldn't take someone famous to have a problem to create awareness...but it does. His words just got twisted around. That's all.

bduff54
08-05-2002, 01:57 PM
thanks jeff. i just want to make sure that you guys know i respect and admire the kelly family. i myself have even contributed money to Hunters hope. I just don't see them as heros is all!

The_Philster
08-05-2002, 01:58 PM
I know what you're saying, bduff. All parents who have to deal with something like this should be considered amazing but my point was that Jill Kelly is one of them. Don't try to take that away from her because she's rich

bduff54
08-05-2002, 02:06 PM
ok fair ebough! it's over now. atleast you replied like an adult instead of telling me to go back to the "range" what is that about?

Rude American
08-05-2002, 03:03 PM
they'e calling you a cow and are telling you to go eat some grass on the range.

bduff54
08-05-2002, 03:05 PM
thanks rude, i must have missed the symbolism!