PDA

View Full Version : Travis' potential

4thAndLong
12-14-2002, 10:54 PM
This kid has what it takes to be the best back in the league, as he has gotten over his fumble problems.

He's hard to take down, and is becoming a pretty good threat out of the backfield as a WR. Henrys had some big games against some pretty good Ds. (Dolphins 2x, Pats, Jets)

The difference between his potential and his talent right now is--Gilbride.

He's not getting enough carries. Henry is a power runner that is an every down back. His only problem might be his lack of running to the line of scrimmage sometimes, I've seen him reverse the field a couple of times like that...And has had the whole D chasing him.

Anyways, if Gilbride gives him the ball, he can be a 1500+ yard back. He's not a breakaway back, but is a very consistent one. He gets 5 yards a carry and I'll take a bunch of 5 yarders over a huge 97 yarder. It gets their D loose for Bledsoe and Co. and opens it up offensively.

Henry is a top 3 back with a good OC.

WG
12-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Wow!

Very nice! I fully agree w/ you. Now if only Gilbride gets the message and changes his strategy for the last ten years, eh.

SoCalBillsFan
12-15-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
He gets 5 yards a carry and I'll take a bunch of 5 yarders over a huge 97 yarder. \

just curious, but why 97? Can't remember the last time I saw a 97 yard run...

:D

4thAndLong
12-15-2002, 10:55 AM
I remember, it was Fred Taylor against the Dolphins in the 62-7 loss. :D

colin
12-15-2002, 10:58 AM
Gilbride's potent and constant passing threat is also a good thing for Henry. It keeps 8 man fronts from stopping him. Gilbride needs to make some adjustments, but this is the best O we have had in a decade.

4thAndLong
12-15-2002, 11:00 AM
It's not that hard to be better than an O that had Johnson, Flutie, Collins, Van Pelt as the starting QB.

This offense right now is playing horribile. If you look at our games, Travis has opened it up for the offense. Look at Miami, Hou, and a few other games. Those are some good Ds hes been running over too.

4thAndLong
12-15-2002, 03:25 PM
I rest my case