PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think that the NFL needs to band together against Drew Rosenhaus?

Michael82
05-04-2005, 11:53 AM
I was just researching holdouts and found something interesting. Everyone of these players held out last year or are holding out this year. :ill:

RB Errict Rhett
DE Adewale Ogunleye
CB Mike McKenzie
RB Clinton Portis (Traded to avoid holdout)
WR Terrell Owens
WR Javon Walker
WR Santana Moss
RB Reuben Droughns
WR Anquan Boldin
DB Sean Taylor

Could RB Willis McGahee be next? :scared: :nervous:

THATHURMANATOR
05-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Eric Rhett???? He still plays?

Mr. Miyagi
05-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Nah, after seeing the Henry situation and hearing Favre's comment, hopefully Willis will smarten up.

Michael82
05-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Nah, after seeing the Henry situation and hearing Favre's comment, hopefully Willis will smarten up.
That's what I thought, but Rosenscum is brainwashing his players to make them think that they deserve the raise and they are getting underpaid. Look at all the names from this year who are holding out because of him....

Owens, S.Moss, Taylor, Droughns, and even injury riddled Boldin. :shakeno:

justasportsfan
05-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I would've hired Drew to be my agent if I was gonna play in the NFL.

Michael82
05-04-2005, 12:12 PM
I would've hired Drew to be my agent if I was gonna play in the NFL.
You really think he cares about the players? No! It's all about the money for him and nothing else. He's a scumbag. :mad:

buffalofan19
05-04-2005, 12:18 PM
You really think he cares about the players? No! It's all about the money for him and nothing else. He's a scumbag. :mad:
That is true, but in order to get himself the money, he has to get the players alot of money as well. Whether he really cares if I get alot of money or not, I still get a bigass paycheck with him as my agent. Therefore, I hire him.

Michael82
05-04-2005, 12:21 PM
That is true, but in order to get himself the money, he has to get the players alot of money as well. Whether he really cares if I get alot of money or not, I still get a bigass paycheck with him as my agent. Therefore, I hire him.
You realize if the teams say screw you to the players that are holding out...they LOSE money. I wouldn't have that guy as my agent. I'd have one with more class and someone who I know is looking out for me and not just himself.

Mudflap1
05-04-2005, 12:24 PM
You realize if the teams say screw you to the players that are holding out...they LOSE money. I wouldn't have that guy as my agent. I have one with more class and someone who I know is looking out for me and not just himself.
Such a sweet kid...

Jon

Rhettoric
05-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Prediction: In the next 2 years Rosenhaus will join Jimmy Hoffa and never be seen again.

:pray:

don137
05-04-2005, 12:29 PM
How many of those times did it work out for the player though? More often than not...

Michael82
05-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Prediction: In the next 2 years Rosenhaus will join Jimmy Hoffa and never be seen again.

:pray:
We could only hope.

justasportsfan
05-04-2005, 12:47 PM
You really think he cares about the players? No! It's all about the money for him and nothing else. He's a scumbag. :mad:You are viewing things from a fans perspective and not from a players standpoint. As a player you want more $$. An agent who looks after you. Teams can just cut your a$$ or trade you anytime. You take what you can, when you can.

Dicknoze69
05-04-2005, 12:47 PM

That was my first reaction as well. I don't think he does.

ArcticWildMan
05-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Just look at Phil Rivers for a classic example of how stupid it is to hold out. That kid might have lost any chance at starting thanks to his hold out last year. He left the door wide open for Drew Brees and now he's riding pine. If Brees has another good season this year Rivers will have to be traded if he ever wants to have any hope of starting in the NFL.

Michael82
05-04-2005, 12:54 PM
No he doesn't. It was a holdout from 1996 or something. So apparently, Rosenhaus has always been like this...it's just gotten worse lately.

http://www.alligator.org/edit/issues/96-fall/961024/c01hunt.htm

justasportsfan
05-04-2005, 12:57 PM
..it's just gotten worse lately.

that's because teams are throwing money at players like Peerless Price , Jennings,Mckenzie etc. Better players start to wonder how much more they are worth.

Michael82
05-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Just look at Phil Rivers for a classic example of how stupid it is to hold out. That kid might have lost any chance at starting thanks to his hold out last year. He left the door wide open for Drew Brees and now he's riding pine. If Brees has another good season this year Rivers will have to be traded if he ever wants to have any hope of starting in the NFL.
EXACTLY! That's a great point. If Philip Rivers was in camp, he would have stole some of the starting reps that Brees had. He also would have gotten wayy more playing time and you are right, he might have actually had a shot at the starting job.

Mudflap1
05-04-2005, 01:09 PM
Philip Rivers will get his chance to play somewhere, don't worry about that. The fact he DID NOT play last year could actually help him. He has no pressure, he learns, and when he finally does get his chance to start, he'll be a little bit more groomed.

The way Brees played last year, he would've beaten him out anyway.

Jon

camelcowboy
05-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Wills smarten up, thats great, have you seen his wonderlic. The guys a great player, but he is going to listen to anything Rosencheeks tells him to do. After all, everyone believes that Drews efforts were what got wills drafted in the first round.

Wills has a good season watch out, he will be on that list. After all, i read on this forum that in a interview when asked if he could see playing his career in buffalo. He answered "If they pay me"

:sorry:

trapezeus
05-04-2005, 03:33 PM
You are viewing things from a fans perspective and not from a players standpoint. As a player you want more $$. An agent who looks after you. Teams can just cut your a$$ or trade you anytime. You take what you can, when you can.Thank you. you always here people complain about players being greedy. it only seems greedy cause the numbers are so much larger than what we are accustomed to in our workplace, but we flee our "teams" when there is a better opportunity. We know that in the end very few companies could care less about our well being. The older I get, the more I side with the players. It's not like the majority of them finish college or have an adequate degree to have a regular job. And they are kids making millions so they aren't the most fiscally responsible. they got to make what they can when they can.

to address the actual post, even saying what i said above, rosenhaus is a complete douche. he is tactless. he's just smarmy and aggressive. at somepoint its going to bite him. it's all in your karma, i suppose.

LtFinFan66
05-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Here's an interesting article about this scum
http://cfserv.dickinson.edu/dickinsonian/detail.cfm?1083