PDA

View Full Version : Article on Henry, Law and Testeverde...

The_Philster
05-04-2005, 06:37 PM
2. Will Travis Henry ever be traded by Buffalo?
Here's what we know: The much-discussed Henry-for-Arizona-offensive-tackle-L.J. Shelton swap is deader than dead. Truth be known, Bills decision-makers were never that high on Shelton to begin with, and once the deal didn't happen on draft day, it wasn't going to happen.

Bills general manager Tom Donahoe is sticking to his guns. He wants at least a third-round pick in exchange for Henry, who lost his starting running back job to second-year man Willis McGahee last season. But serious offers have been virtually non-existent, given the glut of talent available via trade at running back this offseason (Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, William Green, et al).
..more (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/05/04/inside.nfl/)

RedEyE
05-04-2005, 06:50 PM
2. Will Travis Henry ever be traded by Buffalo?
Here's what we know: The much-discussed Henry-for-Arizona-offensive-tackle-L.J. Shelton swap is deader than dead. Truth be known, Bills decision-makers were never that high on Shelton to begin with, and once the deal didn't happen on draft day, it wasn't going to happen.

Bills general manager Tom Donahoe is sticking to his guns. He wants at least a third-round pick in exchange for Henry, who lost his starting running back job to second-year man Willis McGahee last season. But serious offers have been virtually non-existent, given the glut of talent available via trade at running back this offseason (Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, William Green, et al).

While some observers wouldn't be shocked if Henry returned to Buffalo for a full season of backup duty, the more likely scenario would be the Bills holding onto him until a top running back gets injured in the preseason and that team can rationalize giving up a 2006 third-round pick to fill that need.

Henry clearly has no leverage and few options. He hasn't attended the Bills' offseason workouts or their first minicamp, and he has incurred disciplinary action (probably fines) for those absences, since Buffalo has made it clear that he's still welcome and considered a part of the team. But Henry can't hold out, because that would only make it harder for the Bills to trade him, not easier.

For the most part, Henry has been a team player in Buffalo -- at least until McGahee started making inroads on the No. 1 job last season. But while Henry's trade demands have been a disruption this offseason, the situation has not yet reached the point of no return. Bills head coach Mike Mularkey no doubt would like to avoid having to deal with the disgruntled Henry being back in his locker room, but given the choice between getting nothing in return, or having an insurance policy behind McGahee, the Bills will opt for an uneasy peace.

More~~~~~~~~~~> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/05/04/inside.nfl/index.html

The_Philster
05-04-2005, 06:57 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=70938

RedEyE
05-04-2005, 06:59 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=70938

Haha - I received more replies than you did. :tongue:

The_Philster
05-04-2005, 07:01 PM
Haha - I received more replies than you did. :tongue:

Because I replied to it telling you I already posted it :negrep:

RedEyE
05-04-2005, 07:02 PM
Because I replied to it telling you I already posted it :negrep:

:bf1:

The_Philster
05-04-2005, 07:05 PM
For the most part, Henry has been a team player in Buffalo -- at least until McGahee started making inroads on the No. 1 job last season. But while Henry's trade demands have been a disruption this offseason, the situation has not yet reached the point of no return. Bills head coach Mike Mularkey no doubt would like to avoid having to deal with the disgruntled Henry being back in his locker room, but given the choice between getting nothing in return, or having an insurance policy behind McGahee, the Bills will opt for an uneasy peace.

Basically...he should just show up cause he ain't gonna be cut :idunno:

RedEyE
05-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Article basically states that Henry would only hurt himself by not playing for or practicing with the Bills.

Bufftp
05-04-2005, 07:16 PM
merged same article

ajsdx
05-04-2005, 07:47 PM
So apparently Banks believes the situation HASN'T reached a point of no return? Personally, I think we're waaay beyond that point now. No way that Henry ever plays for the Bills ever again, or at least he's never going to play like he means it. I wonder what Banks means by that...could Henry actually dress this season and take a role as a backup?

The_Philster
05-04-2005, 08:00 PM
So apparently Banks believes the situation HASN'T reached a point of no return? Personally, I think we're waaay beyond that point now. No way that Henry ever plays for the Bills ever again, or at least he's never going to play like he means it. I wonder what Banks means by that...could Henry actually dress this season and take a role as a backup?

unless we can get an acceptable deal, he'd pretty much have to

ajsdx
05-04-2005, 08:05 PM
unless we can get an acceptable deal, he'd pretty much have to

physically maybe. do you think he's actually going to do anything?

The_Philster
05-04-2005, 08:10 PM
physically maybe. do you think he's actually going to do anything?

If he stops listening to his drunk agent... :laughter: He's not going to get much from anyone else if he becomes a locker room problem

lynobx
05-05-2005, 07:42 AM
I like Henry as a backup for WM. I think he'll play well, in hopes of getting a decent deal in 2006.

Marvelous
05-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I like Henry as a backup for WM. I think he'll play well, in hopes of getting a decent deal in 2006.
I hope you are joking. This is way past the point of no return.

If we wait till pre season to move him and we have nobody interested then we cut him right before week 1. Atleast he won't be attending any camps and messing up things. Or being a locker room cancer..

Big deal we get a 2nd or 3rd.. Cut him & move on!!!

Hamilton Billsfan
05-05-2005, 11:25 AM
It's in the Bills interest to play him with WM this year if they can't trade him! If he signs a big FA contract next year with someone else we will get a 3rd round pick as comp from the league. TD gets his minimum 3rd pick eventually so if someone wants him before that, the price should be a 2nd

Marvelous
05-05-2005, 04:22 PM
I don't think the 3rd round comp pick is that easy.........

Philagape
05-05-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't see any reason to cut him. He's not a locker-room cancer if he's holding out. If a RB gets injured elsewhere (or here), his value will jump.

Hamilton Billsfan
05-05-2005, 08:41 PM
I don't think the 3rd round comp pick is that easy.........
With the kind of contracts getting thrown around in the NFL these days, I don't think it will be hard for a 1000 yd rusher who plays hurt would have trouble having one come his way.
I'm not 100% sure how the comp picks are handed out by the league but I think it depends on where you were origionally drafted and how big of a contract is signed, perhaps someone more knowledgable could enlighten us?