PDA

View Full Version : A Ringing Endorsment

LMB
12-15-2002, 09:34 AM
http://www.jaguars.com/story/2628.asp

Read and come to your own conclusions. I say GW is a goner.

TypicalBill
12-15-2002, 09:43 AM
I did read earlier today and i thought it was interesting cuz TD is saying that GW is a bad coach but in a nice way. I say he's gone too.

DIHARD2
12-15-2002, 10:00 AM
I don't read it that way. I read it as though Donahoe knows that when you, gut a team because of (((((((((CAP H*LL)))))))))))), you just don't expect a winning team. Unless you have the money to pay for a high dollar coach, and even then you don't know if the players you kept will do the job, until you can get those players you need.

If anything I see Donahoe giving G. W. a good bill of health because of the players he's been stuck with. Coaching has been a problem, but I think personnel is a bigger problem.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

DIHARD2
12-15-2002, 10:05 AM
Another thing, you have to realize that Donahoe picked G. W., so he would have to admit his ability to judge a good coach isn't as good as he thought. And I think Donahoe has too big of an ego to admit that. Or at least he's going to give him his three years.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

TypicalBill
12-15-2002, 10:25 AM
i think that LMB and i got it right. its starting, GW is gonna go.

Mr B
12-15-2002, 10:53 AM
Everyone knows the Bills could have won at least 2 more games this season with better tackling, and less penalties. That is the coaches job to have the fundamentals of the game covered. I hope they fire him and get a proven head coach.

Dozerdog
12-15-2002, 11:33 AM
My absolute dream scenario is the Jags let Coughlin go and we snag him.

Coughlin would retain Gilbride (I beleive he had Gilbride on his staff at one point) and we would get competent, prooven defensive coaching.

LMB
12-15-2002, 05:14 PM
Coughlin has family ties to WNY. He could be good fit.

casdhf
12-15-2002, 06:17 PM
Dream on....there is no way the Jaguars let him go.

BillsMan80
12-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Coughlin=No Hollis for sure.

Novacane
12-15-2002, 07:21 PM
I don't know. It is very interesting how he does not say anything about GW being a good coach. I hope he gets the ax but I think the win today saved his job......unless we get blown out by GB and Cinci.

Earthquake Enyart
12-15-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
My absolute dream scenario is the Jags let Coughlin go and we snag him.

Coughlin would retain Gilbride (I beleive he had Gilbride on his staff at one point) and we would get competent, prooven defensive coaching.

Then the Bears fire Jauron, and he comes to Buffalo as DC.

TigerJ
12-15-2002, 07:25 PM
I didn't take the article as an indication GW is doomed. There are too many differences between the Jaguars this year and the Bills last year. The main difference is that Tom Coughlin is a veteran head coach who has an established system in place on both sides of the ball. Even though Coughlin had to make do with a bunch of new and less skilled players after cap trouble forced the release of his high priced veterans, he still had his system and he still had his coaching staff in place and there were players left on the roster who could help the newcomers learn the system. GW made a bunch of mistakes that cannot be defended on their own merit, but he could not help being a new coach and having to hire a new staff, and TD hired him knowing that he was married to an aggressive defensive system. If, hypothetically speaking, GW is here for the next six or seven years and five years down the road and the Bills again face an episode of salary cap hell, GW would be in a position to handle everything differently than he did last year. Until then, it's not even close to fair to make a comparison between the two situations and coaches. I'm not saying GW is a lock to keep his job next year. I'm just saying that if TD has any integrity at all he won't fire GW because Jacksonville handled cap hell better than the Bills and GW.