X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LMB
    • Nov 2002

A Ringing Endorsment

Read and come to your own conclusions. I say GW is a goner.

• Sep 2002

I did read earlier today and i thought it was interesting cuz TD is saying that GW is a bad coach but in a nice way. I say he's gone too.
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• DIHARD2
      • Sep 2002

I don't read it that way. I read it as though Donahoe knows that when you, gut a team because of (((((((((CAP H*LL)))))))))))), you just don't expect a winning team. Unless you have the money to pay for a high dollar coach, and even then you don't know if the players you kept will do the job, until you can get those players you need.

If anything I see Donahoe giving G. W. a good bill of health because of the players he's been stuck with. Coaching has been a problem, but I think personnel is a bigger problem.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
      "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

• DIHARD2
        • Sep 2002

Another thing, you have to realize that Donahoe picked G. W., so he would have to admit his ability to judge a good coach isn't as good as he thought. And I think Donahoe has too big of an ego to admit that. Or at least he's going to give him his three years.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
        "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

• TypicalBill
          • Sep 2002

i think that LMB and i got it right. its starting, GW is gonna go.
          For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Mr B
            • Sep 2002

Everyone knows the Bills could have won at least 2 more games this season with better tackling, and less penalties. That is the coaches job to have the fundamentals of the game covered. I hope they fire him and get a proven head coach.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

My absolute dream scenario is the Jags let Coughlin go and we snag him.

Coughlin would retain Gilbride (I beleive he had Gilbride on his staff at one point) and we would get competent, prooven defensive coaching.

Comment

• LMB
                • Nov 2002

Coughlin has family ties to WNY. He could be good fit.
                LMB

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

Dream on....there is no way the Jaguars let him go.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BillsMan80
                    Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                    • Jul 2002

Coughlin=No Hollis for sure.
                    The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                    THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                      • Jul 2002

I don't know. It is very interesting how he does not say anything about GW being a good coach. I hope he gets the ax but I think the win today saved his job......unless we get blown out by GB and Cinci.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                        My absolute dream scenario is the Jags let Coughlin go and we snag him.

Coughlin would retain Gilbride (I beleive he had Gilbride on his staff at one point) and we would get competent, prooven defensive coaching.
                        Then the Bears fire Jauron, and he comes to Buffalo as DC.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I didn't take the article as an indication GW is doomed. There are too many differences between the Jaguars this year and the Bills last year. The main difference is that Tom Coughlin is a veteran head coach who has an established system in place on both sides of the ball. Even though Coughlin had to make do with a bunch of new and less skilled players after cap trouble forced the release of his high priced veterans, he still had his system and he still had his coaching staff in place and there were players left on the roster who could help the newcomers learn the system. GW made a bunch of mistakes that cannot be defended on their own merit, but he could not help being a new coach and having to hire a new staff, and TD hired him knowing that he was married to an aggressive defensive system. If, hypothetically speaking, GW is here for the next six or seven years and five years down the road and the Bills again face an episode of salary cap hell, GW would be in a position to handle everything differently than he did last year. Until then, it's not even close to fair to make a comparison between the two situations and coaches. I'm not saying GW is a lock to keep his job next year. I'm just saying that if TD has any integrity at all he won't fire GW because Jacksonville handled cap hell better than the Bills and GW.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X