PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network on Mike Williams.

justasportsfan
05-05-2005, 08:44 AM
A BUST so far.

Anyone see it? They showed clips of him getting owned. It was horrible to watch him try to attempt pass blocking. I hope MW watched it.Any word on him restructuring his contract?

He had a better season last year but still not enough to justify him being picked at the 4th overall and his salary He needs to step it up bigtime w/ a rookie qb (practically).

Our LT is already questionable. Teams tend to blitz rookie qb's for the most part. You can add the fins to the list of teams that have aquired pass rushers in the off season. Although Holliday had a crappy year, they aquired Roth. An athletic DE , the tyoe of DE's that MW usually has trouble w/.I'm gald MM started blitzing JP on the 1st day of camp.

They did say they like Mouse MCnally and that he can fix it.

EDS
05-05-2005, 09:04 AM
The sky is falling!

justasportsfan
05-05-2005, 09:12 AM
The sky is falling!You think so? I don't.

Mr. Miyagi
05-05-2005, 09:16 AM
If the #4 overall pick MW is considered a bust, then the #3 overall pick Joey Harrington must be a monumental failure ranked up there with Tim Couch and Akili Smith.

Tatonka
05-05-2005, 09:21 AM
the dolphins added holliday and kevin carter.. that is a strong pass rushing line.

but we should be able to kill them on the run..

ryjam282
05-05-2005, 09:24 AM
I saw that last night. I was a little upset....But, if you noticed the clips they showed, they were all from last year earlier in the season. Notice Henry is the RB in the clips, MW made some great strides in his development as the year went by. I am not saying he is a Jonathan Ogden but he is getting better.

Bert102176
05-05-2005, 09:52 AM
yeah I saw Glenn Parker talking about him on there

camelcowboy
05-05-2005, 09:54 AM
I saw that last night. I was a little upset....But, if you noticed the clips they showed, they were all from last year earlier in the season. Notice Henry is the RB in the clips, MW made some great strides in his development as the year went by. I am not saying he is a Jonathan Ogden but he is getting better.
Agreed, The last two years he has come to camp looking like Rosie O'Donald. But from what im reading this he's comming to camp in great shape. Maybe he's learned that if you come to camp in shape then, that it won't take you 8 games, and hours riding the bike to keep his starting spot.

I love the NFL network, but sometimes i think they get desperate for stories, because they are on 24 hours a day, and this is a slow time a year. I wouldn't read much into it.

ExWNYer
05-05-2005, 10:32 AM
the dolphins added holliday and kevin carter.. that is a strong pass rushing line.

but we should be able to kill them on the run..

Carter was a solid pickup...Holliday sucks.

Voltron
05-05-2005, 10:43 AM
I love the NFL network, but sometimes i think they get desperate for stories, because they are on 24 hours a day, and this is a slow time a year. I wouldn't read much into it.

They may be on 24 hours a day but they have the same programs run over and over and over and .....

:boring:

camelcowboy
05-05-2005, 10:47 AM
What Volt, you don't enjoy NFL europe?

ryjam282
05-05-2005, 10:49 AM
Carter was a solid pickup...Holliday sucks.

Carter is solid, a little old but solid. Holliday is terrible IMO.

djjimkelly
05-05-2005, 10:51 AM
i wont read much into becuz he has been pass blocking for someone who is near impossible to pass block for. if they showed 5-10 sacks that people blew by him ok ill somewhat agree but when your qb stands there and turtles after 5-10 secs like bledsoe does i dont care if the hall of fame sent us an o line bledsoe would have still been sacked!

Tatonka
05-05-2005, 11:10 AM
holiday had 5 sacks against us in one game.. what does that say.

ShadowHawk7
05-05-2005, 11:46 AM
You think so? I don't.

Lol.

A highlight reel shows only the amazing plays of a player. A lowlight reel is obviously the opposite. I'm sure I could look through every single game last season of Ogden, and make him look like an awful Olineman too. The league seems to have varied opinions of MW, but that doesn't matter. All that does matter is

He restructures his contract.
He continues his solid development from last year.

:spade:

Mr. Cynical
05-05-2005, 12:54 PM
To be honest, I think they will cut/trade him next year. You can't pay an RT $9M and MW isn't about to take a 50% pay cut (which is what he should be making at RT at best).

djjimkelly
05-05-2005, 01:43 PM
i dont know im not the resident capologist however other bonuses of 3.3 mil this year will not be there next year and his cap # should go down to 6.5 still IMO a bit high, however not a number that is crazy detrimental to our cap figure.

Ed
05-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Yeah, and I think he only had 6 or 7 sacks for the whole season. He should have given Bledsoe a cut of his signing bonus after that year.

finsrclowns
05-05-2005, 02:53 PM

That was the game Jennings tried to play on a sprained ankle for part of the game and the rest was against maybe Marcus Price? In any case it was a major fluke. They call him Holliday because it usually is one for the opposing OT.

thebuffalobills4
05-05-2005, 03:01 PM
yeah I saw Glenn Parker talking about him on there
was glenn parker a bill?

Voltron
05-05-2005, 03:09 PM
was glenn parker a bill?
Yep! During the SB runs. Then he became a Giant.

Akhippo
05-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Granted anybody can focus in and make anybody look bad, but those attempts at blocking were downright attrocious. The one against NE and the bledsoe fumble was really telling. All i saw was the bledsoe fumble, not the look out block by MW where the guy came in almost untouched.

If shown tape without knowing who or where he was drafted, Id say he was a FA on the practice squad. Hopefully he tightens up and becomes average to slightly above.

thebuffalobills4
05-05-2005, 08:09 PM
Yep! During the SB runs. Then he became a Giant.
the reason i asked is because he was talking crap about the bills a while ago and he should not anying negitive about his former team.

OpIv37
05-05-2005, 08:12 PM
the reason i asked is because he was talking crap about the bills a while ago and he should not anying negitive about his former team.

:negrep: for not knowing who Glenn Parker is. But actually, the opposite happens. Former players get broadcasting jobs, and they don't want to appear biased in favor of their former team. So instead, they go the opposite route and they're harder on their team than they are on the others. Plus, these guys are paid to be critical, and if a player isn't performing, it's their job to call him out regardless of the team.

The_Philster
05-05-2005, 08:30 PM
:negrep: for not knowing who Glenn Parker is. But actually, the opposite happens. Former players get broadcasting jobs, and they don't want to appear biased in favor of their former team. So instead, they go the opposite route and they're harder on their team than they are on the others. Plus, these guys are paid to be critical, and if a player isn't performing, it's their job to call him out regardless of the team.

That's been the case with Steve Tasker...he was accused of being a homer in some of his earlier broadcasts but lately the opposite has been the case.

guy
05-05-2005, 09:18 PM
yes, and how long have you been a Bills fan??

thebuffalobills4
05-06-2005, 04:21 PM
actually i did ,i been knowing it for a yr.i was just trying to refresh my memory. :sorry: