PDA

View Full Version : Walter Reyes Turned us down....

Italian Stallion
05-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Bills | Reyes Turned them Down - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 5 May 2005 05:50:17 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans undrafted rookie free agent RB Walter Reyes turned down a contract offer from the Buffalo Bills before signing with the Titans.

I woulda loved him in camp this summer, i always liked him at cuse....Oh Well

Bert102176
05-05-2005, 09:59 AM
screw him

Mr. Miyagi
05-05-2005, 10:04 AM
We have Gates, why would we need this clown.

camelcowboy
05-05-2005, 10:08 AM
We don't need him. He chose the Titans, because he would have a far better chance of making that team. Behind Mcgahee he would be fighting with many just to be a third down back. In Tennesee behind Chris "I have my own space at Hospital"Brown. He's only fighting to be a backup. Who might play.

Jeff1220
05-05-2005, 10:10 AM
He could end up being the starter in Tenn.

Jayhawk
05-05-2005, 10:15 AM
:bs:

ryjam282
05-05-2005, 10:51 AM
I agree, he probably knows he wouldn't make the team here. Hell, with Henry here still he is definitely the #2 and then Shaud and Joe Burns...Lots of back

ExWNYer
05-05-2005, 11:03 AM
screw him

Yeah...how dare he make a career decision that he thought best suited his future. :shocked:

Bulldog
05-05-2005, 12:04 PM
We have Gates, why would we need this clown.

Reyes will make the roster in Tenn. I for one think he may be able to make a decent career as a 3rd down back or something. I don't know if he's big enough to be an every down back. He did get nicked up a bit at Cuse. I still think he has more talent than Joe Burns & Shaud Williams.

lynobx
05-05-2005, 04:34 PM
He did get nicked up a bit at Cuse. I still think he has more talent than Joe Burns & Shaud Williams.I agree. Reyes could very well have been our backup to WM.

The King
05-05-2005, 04:44 PM
George just interviewed in Tenn looking to go back and share with Brown

J TES
05-05-2005, 05:15 PM
We have Gates, why would we need this clown.Gates pretty much sucks. He has good size but is slow as hell. He's also not shifty at all. Hes a slow north/south runner. Reyes however is very fast but not big. He's no more than a slasher, change of pace type back.

LtFinFan66
05-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Maybe Buffalo weather was too cold
Miami weather to hot
Tenn. weather, just right??

I must admit he would have a better chance of winning in Buffalo than he does in Tenn. That is a sinking ship.

Crisis
05-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Maybe Buffalo weather was too cold
Miami weather to hot
Tenn. weather, just right??

I must admit he would have a better chance of winning in Buffalo than he does in Tenn. That is a sinking ship.

He played college in Syracuse.

LtFinFan66
05-05-2005, 05:59 PM
He played college in Syracuse.I understand that. I was stationed 2 years in Rome, NY but don't want to spend any more time than that there. Too darn cold!! Also Syracuse plays in a dome!!

SabreEleven
05-05-2005, 06:03 PM
We don't need any more Mexicans on our team anyways.

colin
05-06-2005, 03:02 AM
obviously he didn't sign with us because he WILL see playing time in Tenn, and since the stink he will be able to develope. here in Blo we are looking to trade an RB who was a giant star in Tenn in school and a pro bowler in the NFL. he is a guy who needs to develope his abilities and Tenn is a good place for him to do that.

the only worse position to be an URFA signing on to the bills would be WR or possibly LB. Look at the WRs we have, we have 4 day one picks including 3 brand new guys. RB is not as loaded but it would suck to try to crack into that lineup.

i think we might be pretty exciting this year.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-06-2005, 06:51 AM
I think the fact that the Bills might be forced to keep T.Henry as their back-up this season because there really isn't much of a market for him has scared off some of these RBs because the Bills really can't offer them much of anything in terms of money or playing time while T.Henry is still on the team.

And, Reyes and his agent probably know that Tennessee is his best opportunity to make a team and actually get a shot at some serious playing time. C.Brown could be a tremendous RB, but he is injury prone and the turf toe injury that he had last year was very serious. Serious turf toe injuries may heal, but they do have a tendency to recur more often than some other injuries and can actually end a RBs career prematurely. I'm sure Reyes' agent knows that and advised his client to take the Titans' offer, in part, because of that.

For those who don't know: turf toe is a sprain of the toe--which, in serious cases, involves tearing and not just stretching in the area around the joint. As anyone who has had a problem with sprained ankles can tell you, even after the sprain heals, the area is weakened and there is a tendency to re-sprain it. The difference between a sprained ankle and a sprained toe is that one can tape the ankle or wear a support that can help to give the joint more stability and prevent re-injury--it is much more difficult to do that with a toe because there is a limited amount of room inside of the shoe and the toe needs to be flexible in order to push-off on it. Turf toe is a particular problem for RBs and, to a somewhat lesser extent for WRs, because they need to push off of their toes to get traction and shift their weight on the toe in order to make moves in running--this puts a great deal of stress on the joints of the toes, which can cause them to be re-injured when they have been weakened by a previous injury (believe it or not, RBs actually put more stress on their toes in the course of playing than WRs!). Turf toe doesn't sound like a serious injury, but it can be for a RB. (NOTE: I wish I could give a link to support this--I read it on a sports medicine website that I got to from a link on a Fantasy Football site last season--but, unfortunately, I did not save the URL of the website that it came from and no longer remember it. However, the medical info from the site proved to be very accurate over the course of last season and makes medical sense.)

BTW: Because of C.Brown's turf toe problems, the Titans remain one of my favorites to be a team interested in trading for T.Henry--Reyes or no Reyes.

The Spaz
05-06-2005, 07:26 AM
Gates pretty much sucks. He has good size but is slow as hell. He's also not shifty at all. Hes a slow north/south runner. Reyes however is very fast but not big. He's no more than a slasher, change of pace type back.

Yet he still managed to run a 4.5 in the 40 yard dash, he's 6'0" 223" pretty good for his size. Here is some more agility info.

AGILITY
Campus: 4.55 in the 40-yard dash … 435-pound bench press … 575-pound squat … 318-pound power clean … 37-inch vertical jump … Right-handed … Combine: 4.7 in the 40-yard dash … 2.78 20-yard dash … 1.72 10-yard dash … 4.10 20-yard shuttle … 7.17 three-cone drill … 36-inch vertical jump … 10-foot-1 broad jump … Bench pressed 225 pounds 23 times … 31 1/8-inch arm length … 10 1/8-inch hands.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122605

Uncle Jesse
05-06-2005, 07:59 AM
No matter what the stats, I think Reyes would be a better fit than Gates. I dont think we should have them both, we dont need both. But I think overall Reyes is better.