PDA

View Full Version : Losman impressing everybody

Kerr
05-05-2005, 11:08 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3586822

The comparisons are not valid yet, but one thing J.P doesn't realize he does have in common with Rob is that they're from blue collar families.

Morgoth
05-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Maybe they're both blue collar but let's remember, that in no way means one is like the other. I like what I'm hearing and will be optimistic until I'm shown reason not to be.

Tinboy
05-06-2005, 04:37 AM
It's good to see that all that extra time study gamefilms and talking to coaches seems to pay off. Can't wait to see what's next.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-06-2005, 07:12 AM
It's not a matter of what kind of family backgrounds they have (see the threads on K.Winslow II!), but the fact that JP's attitude is so much different from RJ's.

I remember sitting in a doctor's office reading an article in SI about R.Johnson, after he became a Bill, and how he spent his off-season in California pretty much relaxing, etc. in the opulent surroundings of the house that he had bought for himself with his signing bonus. And, I recall thinking at the time that he really didn't seem to be very interested in preparing himself mentally or physically for the up-coming season and considered that to be a bad omen.

When I read about how JP has gotten himself an apartment in Buffalo and has been going into work six days a week since January to try to prepare himself to take over the reins as the Bills' starting QB this season, the difference in attitude and approach is striking. It reminds me of something that B.Belichick said about T.Brady after the Pats won their first SB--he said that, of all of the players that he had been around in his career, Brady had made the greatest improvement between his first and second years and he had attributed that to the fact that Brady had worked constantly in the off-season to improve himself. Now, I'm not going to compare JP to Brady or say that he will become another Brady, but he seems to have taken a similar approach to doing his job--an approach that is radically different from the one described in the SI article about RJ. And, like T.Brady, JP is a very intelligent guy who enjoys learning (as reflected by his college major and some of his comments following last year's draft).

I like what I have seen so far from JP because it seems that he has determined that, if he is going to fail in the NFL, it won't be because of a lack of effort. And, that, I believe, is precisely the attitude that he needs to have in order to succeed. Because of that, I do believe that he will be successful. I don't know if he has what it takes to be an immortal or an all-pro, but, with the attitude and approach that he has, I really think that he is going to become a very good QB for the Bills.

lynobx
05-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Why the stupid comparisons of J.P. to RJ? Because they're both from California?
Steve Tasker and the BTK serial killer are both from Kansas. Does that make Steve an evil guy?

mybills
05-06-2005, 07:45 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about Brady. He's always had a good line around him, otherwise he'd look mediocre. Any QB who starts their career with a strong OL that continues to be strong, is only going to get better. I'd like to think that our OL will do the same for JP.

BidsJr
05-06-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about Brady. He's always had a good line around him, otherwise he'd look mediocre. Any QB who starts their career with a strong OL that continues to be strong, is only going to get better. I'd like to think that our OL will do the same for JP.

Brady also feels pressure and moves in the pocket as well as nearly anyone I've ever seen. :sorry:

Bulldog
05-06-2005, 07:56 AM

Hate Tom Brady all you want, the guy has three SB rings. I for one think that Brady makes his line look better than they are. I can't stand the smug little ***** either, but to say he's a mediocre QB isn't an accurate statement. Mediocre QB's don't just stumble upon 3 SB rings. The guy has talent and always seems to make plays during crunch time.

Tatonka
05-06-2005, 09:22 AM
Steve Tasker and the BTK serial killer are both from Kansas. Does that make Steve an evil guy?

:rofl:

great post.

Kelly The Dog
05-06-2005, 09:32 AM
Granted, it is stupid to compare the two, but to be fair, Southern California has a distinct, deep-rooted reputation for producing stereotyped "surfer dudes". Kansas has no such legacy. When people hear "Southern California" immediately the image of the laid back dude pops up. When people hear Kansas they immediately think crappy 70s rock band.

cordog
05-06-2005, 10:14 AM

Yes

lordofgun
05-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Yes
Completely agree.

camelcowboy
05-06-2005, 10:34 AM
When people hear Kansas they immediately think crappy 70s rock band.
Don't forget that dumb girl and her little dog too!!!

No place like home biatch!

:rofl:

mybills
05-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Hate Tom Brady all you want, the guy has three SB rings. I for one think that Brady makes his line look better than they are. I can't stand the smug little ***** either, but to say he's a mediocre QB isn't an accurate statement. Mediocre QB's don't just stumble upon 3 SB rings. The guy has talent and always seems to make plays during crunch time.
Did you read my whole post, or just the words, "Brady" & "mediocre"????

Let's be accurate! :up:

camelcowboy
05-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Did you read my whole post, or just the words, "Brady" & "mediocre"????

Let's be accurate! :up:
Huked on Phuniks wurked for him!