PDA

View Full Version : Losman impressing everybody???

lordofgun
05-06-2005, 10:27 AM
He hasn't impressed me yet.

And here's what Mark Weiler says about him:

JP Losman does not appear to be in the same boat however. He appears to be perhaps more of the RJ variety regarding durability. Last preseason Losman took a "friendly" shoulder chuck from veteran Troy Vincent and broke a leg. While he possesses mobility in another realm when contrasted to Iron Legs Bledsoe, he will still need protection in passing, protection that simply does not exist on the Bills at this point in time. If he does have injury issues, then they will become apparent because even the best lines protecting QBs with above average mobility have their lapses for one reason or another. The more often these lapses occur this fall, the greater the odds that Losman, and even McGahee, end up with a serious injury.

:::

The King
05-06-2005, 10:30 AM
brilliant!

casdhf
05-06-2005, 11:01 AM
I still wish him harm. Weiler, not JP.

Tatonka
05-06-2005, 11:03 AM
negged for posting that crap.

:hockey:

Tatonka
05-06-2005, 11:03 AM
nevermind.. i gave you a pos rep too recently.

TigerJ
05-06-2005, 12:13 PM
If Losman gets injured from one fluke occurance (last year) I chalk it up to a bizarre case of rotten luck. If it happent's twice, i start to worry. If it happens three times, then I concede the guy is injury prone.

cordog
05-06-2005, 01:30 PM
You could give that man a million dollars and he'd ***** about the taxes. He's never happy.

OpIv37
05-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I agree that the O-line sucks, but he's definitely too hard on Losman. Mark is never happy- he *****ed about Bledsoe even early in '02 when he was playing well, said Shaud Williams was better than McGahee.... if the player currently in a Bills uniform isn't the greatest player at that position in the history of the game, Mark hates him. I haven't been keeping up with his writing lately, but it seems to me he NEVER compliments anyone on the team.

Earthquake Enyart
05-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, I've gone on record that I'm not particularly fond of the fact that our new QB looks like The Waterboy.

Nuff said.

AndreReed83
05-06-2005, 03:40 PM
That "friendly" shoulder chuck where JP stopped running in practice and Vincent hit him anyway? I wish MY friends were that "friendly" with me.....

NC-BILLS44
05-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Weiler is a pessimistic idiot. Why bother talking about the team if everything is negative. It's time for him to take some happy pills or start pulling for a different team, maybe a team that will give him some happiness.
Weiler = Eeyore

http://eeyore.ontheweb.nu/

Mr.Right
05-06-2005, 06:55 PM
..maybe the Bills have FINALLY found a quality starting QB! :shocked:
That would be a 'franchise first'! :funny:

I know very little about J.P. Losman as a 'player' in the NFL. :idunno: BUT I do find myself in agreement with Mr. Weiler most of the time. :up:

Michael82
05-06-2005, 07:04 PM

I know very little about J.P. Losman as a 'player' in the NFL. :idunno: BUT I do find myself in agreement with Mr. Weiler most of the time. :up:
And I hope you are enjoying the 49ers 2nd choice quarterback. :funny:

Afterall, they tried trading him all day after they made the pick, because they preferred Rodgers. :doh:

Mr.Right
05-06-2005, 07:20 PM
And I hope you are enjoy the 49ers 2nd choice quarterback. :funny:

Afterall, they tried trading him all day after they made the pick, because they prefferred Rodgers. :doh:
:link:

The 49ers had their choice of 'ANY' player in the 2005 draft and took the player they wanted. :up:
I can't wait for the 2005 'Return To Greatness' Tour to "kick-off"! :D

mybills
05-06-2005, 07:28 PM
49ers suck

Bill Brasky
05-06-2005, 07:52 PM
I haven't been keeping up with his writing lately, but it seems to me he NEVER compliments anyone on the team.

I didn't know Cynical had an alter-ego

Mr. Cynical
05-06-2005, 11:44 PM
:link:

The 49ers had their choice of 'ANY' player in the 2005 draft and took the player they wanted. :up:Here's your link:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=70503

I think given Joe's connection to the 49ers that this is no lie.

:lolpoint: Mr. Right

Mr. Cynical
05-06-2005, 11:45 PM
I didn't know Cynical had an alter-ego
:negrep:

The Predator
05-07-2005, 12:59 AM
GO BILLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>05

bills_7
05-07-2005, 02:46 AM
How is a 49ers fan talkin smack lol

LifetimeBillsFan
05-07-2005, 03:39 AM
Mark Weiler won't be happy with move the Bills make or any player that they decide to rely on until he is named the GM of the team and is the ones making the moves and bringing in the players. IMHO he is a "one-trick pony"--if you've read one of his articles, you pretty much can predict what his attitude will be in all of the rest.

While it is true that none of us kows how well JP will be able to play or whether he will be able to stay healthy, etc., he has been doing everything that you could want or expect a young QB in his position to do to prepare himself at this stage and that's really all that you can ask of him. Let's try to be realistic and give the kid a chance--unlike M.Weiler, who is already running JP down before he has started his first pro game.

Tinboy
05-07-2005, 05:38 AM
Mark Weiler won't be happy with move the Bills make or any player that they decide to rely on until he is named the GM of the team and is the ones making the moves and bringing in the players. IMHO he is a "one-trick pony"--if you've read one of his articles, you pretty much can predict what his attitude will be in all of the rest.

While it is true that none of us kows how well JP will be able to play or whether he will be able to stay healthy, etc., he has been doing everything that you could want or expect a young QB in his position to do to prepare himself at this stage and that's really all that you can ask of him. Let's try to be realistic and give the kid a chance--unlike M.Weiler, who is already running JP down before he has started his first pro game.

Well said :bf1:

YardRat
05-07-2005, 05:55 AM
I'm with-holding any opinions on JP until I see him play in the NFL when it counts for something.

Everything up until now is just fore-play, let's see how he does when gets a chance at home plate.

Philagape
05-07-2005, 05:58 AM

Yeah, our Hall-of-Famer Jim Kelly doesn't count

The 49ers, meanwhile, continue their search for a quality starting QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, DB, K, P, coach, GM .......

BillsFanInMass
05-07-2005, 07:33 AM
In the Bills Niners game this year werent they negative 17 yards going into the fourth quarter. They didnt get a first down until the Bills pulled there starters in the 4th qtr lol lol lol that has to be the most dominent game ever played.

Mr.Right
05-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Yeah, our Hall-of-Famer Jim Kelly doesn't count

The picture of Mr. Kelly in my 'signature' below (taken at one his four Super Bowl embarrassments) is how MOST people remember your favorite teams' "Hall of Fame" QB! :laugh:

Philagape
05-07-2005, 08:21 AM
But that's not the criteria you set forth. You said quality starting QB. :D

BTW, how's Brandon Whiting doing these days? :roflmao:

cordog
05-07-2005, 08:41 AM
I love how Weiler calls it a "friendly shoulder". I dont think there was any tape of the hit, and he wasnt there, so how does he know? hes an idiot

ddaryl
05-07-2005, 08:59 AM
I agree that the O-line sucks.
Idisagree. We've improved upon our line from last year. It may not be the best in the NFL but an OL that allowed under 40 sacks last year that improved this year is not bad.

OpIv37
05-07-2005, 09:35 AM
Idisagree. We've improved upon our line from last year. It may not be the best in the NFL but an OL that allowed under 40 sacks last year that improved this year is not bad.

so you're saying Anderson and/or Gandy are better than Jenning? What about the fact that two of our O-linemen are converted from other positions and have never played O-line before? How is that an improvement?

chernobylwraiths
05-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Didn't Losman take a beating while QBing Tulane? I thought that was one of his GOOD traits.

jmb1099
05-07-2005, 11:34 AM
:lolpoint::lolpoint::lolpoint::lolpoint::lolpoint::lolpoint::lolpoint::lolpoint::lolpoint::lolpoint:Mr. Right

ddaryl
05-07-2005, 11:48 AM
so you're saying Anderson and/or Gandy are better than Jenning? What about the fact that two of our O-linemen are converted from other positions and have never played O-line before? How is that an improvement?

Jennings was never that great. He was average with the occasional streak of above average play but all that was wiped byt he fact he can't stay healthy for a full season. Backups came in for Jennings and we never saw that much of drop off. Gandy can play LT, but so can Teague. I don't see either player giving us that much drop off at LT. Teague especially since both he and Jennings were tested at LT in 2002. The only reason Lennings started at LT was because the coaches felt Teague was the better center. If Gandy can't hack it then Tucker at Center will work since he filled in last year at C and did real well. Peters coverted out of college, but he played OL for us late last year as well as TE when Campbell and Euhus went down. Otherwise Peters would have received more reps onthe OL. Peters spent time on the practice squad working with McNally and the system. He is depth, and will probably get good playing time as the season wears on.

We had problems at LG last year and Anderson will defintiely help us improve there. The rest of the OL is the same as last year with Teague at center, Villarial, and Williams

We have a crop of young OL that now have a season under their belts and in the system. Most of them are bigger and stronger then last year as well. Our depth and competition at all OL positons has improved because of this.

So in summary Center, RG, and RT have not changed. Anderson at LG is an improvement + our young OL have had time to develope and could possibly win the LG position over Anderson. LT is the biggest ? but Gandy has experience, as does Teague, and again our young OL crop will have all camp and preseason to build upon thier already improving skills.

Bill Brasky
05-07-2005, 11:52 AM
I know JP has impressed me... his good looks, his witty charm, his knack for telling us he's read the playbook 72309 times.

I wonder if he's read "How to take multiple sacks in a season behind an putride line" by Drew Bledsoe?

mysticsoto
05-07-2005, 12:00 PM
I know JP has impressed me... his good looks, his witty charm, his knack for telling us he's read the playbook 72309 times.

I wonder if he's read "How to take multiple sacks in a season behind an putride line" by Drew Bledsoe?
At Tulane, JP had one of the worst lines in college football to protect him. Given, that the DEs and DTs coming at him might not have been of the calibre that are going to come at him now - nevertheless, he has experience with avoiding the rush and surviving...

Nighthawk
05-07-2005, 08:09 PM
He hasn't impressed me yet.

And here's what Mark Weiler says about him:

:::

Who gives a f**k what that idiot thinks...he's never happy! Always negative...he's a joke.

AndreReed83
05-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Didn't Losman take a beating while QBing Tulane? I thought that was one of his GOOD traits.

Yes, Losman played behind one of the most pourus lines a 1st rd QB has ever played with. JP learned to check down however and just make smarter decisions with the ball instead of getting happy feet and running everytime. He's really quite balanced.