PDA

View Full Version : I'm 90% Sure

Typ0
05-06-2005, 01:51 PM
We'll win our first seven games...but I'm only 85% sure we'll win our first eight games. That concens me. Discuss.

ryven
05-06-2005, 01:53 PM
One Question are you a weather man?

camelcowboy
05-06-2005, 01:54 PM
We'll win our first seven games...but I'm only 85% sure we'll win our first eight games. That concens me. Discuss.
Your saying were going to win seven, or eight games in a row. Or are you saying 7-8 games for the season.

Typ0
05-06-2005, 01:54 PM
One Question are you a weather man?

no

Typ0
05-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Your saying were going to win seven, or eight games in a row. Or are you saying 7-8 games for the season.

7-0 to start the season.

OpIv37
05-06-2005, 01:56 PM
not a chance in hell

camelcowboy
05-06-2005, 01:57 PM
7-0 to start the season.
Ricky Williams called, he wants his weed back.

ryven
05-06-2005, 01:58 PM
no

Then I like your prediction and there is a possibility of it happening.

madness
05-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Ricky Williams called, he wants his weed back.

:smoke:

Typ0
05-06-2005, 02:03 PM
every day I get more excited. We are going to have a top 5 defense and #1 special teams again....we lost a bit on the run defense but we got faster...and I know the special teams got better. Without the statue in there and some more offensive weapons we're bound to get up there in offense too....the whole league will be fearing us come mid-season.

EDS
05-06-2005, 02:03 PM
I think there is a chance the Bills win 16 games. There is also a chance they win fewer then 16 games.

Typ0
05-06-2005, 02:04 PM
I think there is a chance the Bills win 16 games. There is also a chance they win fewer then 16 games.

hmmm....I'm only 70% sure the bills will win less than 16 games.

OpIv37
05-06-2005, 02:09 PM
every day I get more excited. We are going to have a top 5 defense and #1 special teams again....we lost a bit on the run defense but we got faster...and I know the special teams got better. Without the statue in there and some more offensive weapons we're bound to get up there in offense too....the whole league will be fearing us come mid-season.

I doubt we have a top 5 defense without Pat Williams. Top 10 maybe, but one of the reasons why our D was so successful last year is because it was impossible to run up the middle. All teams could do was run to the outside and hope their RB gets to the sideline before Spikes or Fletcher destroys them. Without Williams, teams will be able to use the run to set up the pass, instead of being forced to pass on 3rd and long like they were last year.

sb_bound
05-06-2005, 02:25 PM
I doubt we have a top 5 defense without Pat Williams. Top 10 maybe, but one of the reasons why our D was so successful last year is because it was impossible to run up the middle. All teams could do was run to the outside and hope their RB gets to the sideline before Spikes or Fletcher destroys them. Without Williams, teams will be able to use the run to set up the pass, instead of being forced to pass on 3rd and long like they were last year.

Pat only played 50% of the downs. He will not be missed as badly as you think he will be. Our pass defense will be even better this year than it was last because Vincent will be working at safety all offseason and McGee will have more confidence than he showed last year.

Back to Pat. Pat and Ron are two different type of players. Pat would take on 2 guys and hold them up so that someone else could make the play. Ron is a gap slashing, make a tackle in the backfield type of player that will cause offensive lines problems. We also have Tim Anderson that will be rotating in behind Ron and Sam. We will be fine at DT this year.

OpIv37
05-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Pat only played 50% of the downs. He will not be missed as badly as you think he will be. Our pass defense will be even better this year than it was last because Vincent will be working at safety all offseason and McGee will have more confidence than he showed last year.

Back to Pat. Pat and Ron are two different type of players. Pat would take on 2 guys and hold them up so that someone else could make the play. Ron is a gap slashing, make a tackle in the backfield type of player that will cause offensive lines problems. We also have Tim Anderson that will be rotating in behind Ron and Sam. We will be fine at DT this year.

the problem is the 50% of the downs that Pat played were the RUNNING downs. If teams are more successful on those downs, the better pass defense won't matter because teams won't be passing against us.

Typ0
05-06-2005, 02:30 PM
PW was a good player...and he did mean a lot to our run defense last season...but it's not going to be that bad. Getting some first downs on offense and keeping them off the field so much will make them better.

Spielmanrules54
05-06-2005, 02:44 PM
You don't lose one guy and become a crappy defense over night. Ron Edwards has bulked up and has a few more years under his belt since the last time started. If you immediately suck from losing one guy on defense, maybe the defense isn't as good as you think.

Ed
05-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Pat Williams was awesome and I'm definitely going to miss him, but we still have Sam Adams who's pretty damn good at stopping the run. It wasn't until he showed up that our run defense actually got really good.

If our coaching staff didn't have so much confidence in the younger guys like Edwards and Anderson, I think we would have made more of an effort to sign Pat. It's not like the Vikings blew him away with an outrageous contract. It wouldn't have been that hard to afford what they gave him.

Like I said, I'm gonna miss Pat a lot, but he didn't make or break our defense. We've still got at least 10 other guys that have been in Jerry Grays system for a couple years now and been a huge part of our D being so good.

OpIv37
05-06-2005, 02:55 PM
You don't lose one guy and become a crappy defense over night. Ron Edwards has bulked up and has a few more years under his belt since the last time started. If you immediately suck from losing one guy on defense, maybe the defense isn't as good as you think.

I'm not saying our D is going to be crappy- I see us as a top 10 instead of a top 5. A big reason for the success of our D was the ability to stop the run, particularly up the middle, and we won't be able to do that as well without PW. I don't think teams are going to be racking up 24 points a game against us, but I also don't think we'll be holding them to 40 yards rushing like we were able to do last year.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-06-2005, 04:19 PM
I think Edwards may surprise a lot of people. He played pretty well when called upon last year. There was one game in particular when Adams was taken out (and he flipped out on Gray). Edwards was put in and was simply a mad man for a few plays. The real unknown is Tim Anderson. I'm not sure Edwards has the stamina to play every down which means that Anderson will have to step up and perform.
At the end of the day, Williams should have been re-signed. He was a key component on that line, has a business in Buffalo, kids in school, etc. At a minimum, there could have at least been an offer. When I saw what the Vikes gave him I felt the Bills made a bad decision by not making an effort.

feelthepain
05-06-2005, 04:47 PM

Umm, have you forgoten about your Oline? Or the fact that your D lost a huge body in the middle? I don't want to rain on your parade, but your team is also starting a rookie QB!! Good enthusiasim, but not very realistic. I think the Bills will finish last in the AFC east just behind the fins. JMO.

OpIv37
05-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Umm, have you forgoten about your Oline? Or the fact that your D lost a huge body in the middle? I don't want to rain on your parade, but your team is also starting a rookie QB!! Good enthusiasim, but not very realistic. I think the Bills will finish last in the AFC east just behind the fins. JMO.

I don't think we finish last in the division- Miami has way too many hurdles to clear, and the Jets look good on paper but have a tendency to choke. You're right about a lot of the problems our team has, though, and I think it will be a tough year.

AndreReed83
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM

Look at the Steelers last year. They had HUGE questions marks all over the offense. ESPN had them ranked like 28 or something. Other sports sources had them ranked low too. I think the Bills will be fine. Let's talk Dolphins for a while. Hmm, the best QB on your team? QB coach Jason Garrett. Running Backs? A rookie and Sammy Morris, a Buffalo castaway. Receivers? Chris Chambers and...... exactly. O-line? Not exactly probowl quality if I remember correctly. Defense? Not too bad, but as long as you have Feeley throwing passes to Nate Clements, we're still going to always out do you guys. Have a fun season at the bottom of the AFC East. :brush:

feelthepain
05-06-2005, 05:10 PM
I don't think we finish last in the division- Miami has way too many hurdles to clear, and the Jets look good on paper but have a tendency to choke. You're right about a lot of the problems our team has, though, and I think it will be a tough year.

What hurdles?? We have a much different philosohy then last year. The coaching we now have are soem of the best in the league a top 5 D thats gotten better a running game that was worthless last year is now stacked. AJ is everybit a quality QB thats had success in this league. You can think what you like but we are far from the DW Dolphins of years past a new attitude and tons of talent in both the players and coaches. We are just one year removed from a 10 win season and thats something your team hasn't done since the early 90's. We still have most of the talent here we just added a coaching staff to envy. If you wish to believe we will not improve over last year thats up to you but we have made huge improvements to this team far more then the Bills. We will not finish last in the division.

AndreReed83
05-06-2005, 05:18 PM
What coaching staff to envy? A rookie head coach out of college who already has been flustered and frustrated with MINI CAMP this year??? Oh man, I so wish the Bills had that......

Plus, sure you guys made "huge" improvements. It's pretty easy to do that to a team who sucked as bad as you guys did last year. The number 2 overall pick helps too.....

Again, have fun in last place.

feelthepain
05-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Look at the Steelers last year. They had HUGE questions marks all over the offense. ESPN had them ranked like 28 or something. Other sports sources had them ranked low too. I think the Bills will be fine. Let's talk Dolphins for a while. Hmm, the best QB on your team? QB coach Jason Garrett. Running Backs? A rookie and Sammy Morris, a Buffalo castaway. Receivers? Chris Chambers and...... exactly. O-line? Not exactly probowl quality if I remember correctly. Defense? Not too bad, but as long as you have Feeley throwing passes to Nate Clements, we're still going to always out do you guys. Have a fun season at the bottom of the AFC East. :brush:
Are you gonna sit there and tell me your as good as the Steelers?? Who's the best QB on your team? Losman? An unproven rookie? RB's last yeaqr McGehee was a rookie RB and how did he do? Ronnie Brown is an all around better RB then Willis. WR Chris Chambers has never had an O gameplan to work with we had the worst O in the AFC and it wasn't the talent it was the coaching. Oline, we have a much better Oline then SD last year and we have their Oline coach now Houcks job in Miami's line will be much eaiser to work with then SD's last year. Our D!!! Come on Man we will be outstanding this year we have added so much talent to what we already had, Miami will be tops in the league without a doubt. If you think for one minuet you'll be seeing the same predictable O that you've seen the last few years your in for a rude awakening. Please tell me you are really not so blind that you believe Miami will finish last inb the AFC east?!?!?!

feelthepain
05-06-2005, 05:22 PM
What coaching staff to envy? A rookie head coach out of college who already has been flustered and frustrated with MINI CAMP this year??? Oh man, I so wish the Bills had that......

What are you talking about??? I didn't hear anybody prasing your draft! You got one player with a chance to make the team and your saying the Miami had problems in camp?? Wow, don't get out much huh??

AndreReed83
05-06-2005, 05:26 PM
I must be blind then...... because I see you guys in last place. Easy. First off, I haven't heard anybody EVER say that Ronnie Brown might have the BEST stiff arm they have ever seen. I'll take Willis of Ronnie Brown anyday. Oh, and O-line coach. We only have possibly the GREATEST O-line coach EVER. Added so much talent to what you already had? What did you guys have last year, a 3-13 team or something? Like I said, it's not HARD to add talent to a team who sucks that bad. Oh yea, Losman, he's also NOT a ROOKIE. So there goes that. I'd take JP over Feeley anyday. Again, I think you guys will finish last. I don't see you being better then the Bills, nor the Jets. And certainly not better then the Pats.

AndreReed83
05-06-2005, 05:26 PM
What are you talking about??? I didn't hear anybody prasing your draft! You got one player with a chance to make the team and your saying the Miami had problems in camp?? Wow, don't get out much huh??

It's called ESPN.

feelthepain
05-06-2005, 05:30 PM

Plus, sure you guys made "huge" improvements. It's pretty easy to do that to a team who sucked as bad as you guys did last year. The number 2 overall pick helps too.....

Again, have fun in last place.
If you think we sucked because of talent then obviously your not watching the games your just looking at the end result and thats fine if your a women.... Ya know, they say things like " Oh I just like the colors they wear" or "When are they gonna score a goal" the kind of things people that don't know what their talking about say, sorta like the comment you just made about the fins. Wake up fin hater nappy time is over, real life is back. You'll get it about 6 weeks into the season. You can go back to sleep now.

AndreReed83
05-06-2005, 05:33 PM
If you think we sucked because of talent then obviously your not watching the games your just looking at the end result and thats fine if your a women.... Ya know, they say things like " Oh I just like the colors they wear" or "When are they gonna score a goal" the kind of things people that don't know what their talking about say, sorta like the comment you just made about the fins. Wake up fin hater nappy time is over, real life is back. You'll get it about 6 weeks into the season. You can go back to sleep now.

Ok, and how about YOU wake up sexist pig. What does gender have to do with ANYTHING regarding knowledge of football??? I think I'll stop here. You just proved what kind of person I am debating with.

feelthepain
05-06-2005, 05:33 PM
It's called ESPN.OK future boy, "wheres the link" because the last I read you got a c- and that was the best grade. I saw most experts give your boys a d- if thats a great draft more power to ya.

TigerJ
05-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Must be nice to be so confident.

J TES
05-06-2005, 09:38 PM
I must be blind then...... because I see you guys in last place. Easy. First off, I haven't heard anybody EVER say that Ronnie Brown might have the BEST stiff arm they have ever seen. I'll take Willis of Ronnie Brown anyday. Oh, and O-line coach. We only have possibly the GREATEST O-line coach EVER. Added so much talent to what you already had? What did you guys have last year, a 3-13 team or something? Like I said, it's not HARD to add talent to a team who sucks that bad. Oh yea, Losman, he's also NOT a ROOKIE. So there goes that. I'd take JP over Feeley anyday. Again, I think you guys will finish last. I don't see you being better then the Bills, nor the Jets. And certainly not better then the Pats.Best O-LINE coach ever? Yes he is very good,but lets be real...you had never heard of him until last offseason. Dont tell me you did either. Second Losman may not be a rookie. But he is a first year starting QB. Not much of a difference.

J TES
05-06-2005, 09:39 PM
It's called ESPN.Who one ESPN said you had a good draft? Berman?

AndreReed83
05-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Best O-LINE coach ever? Yes he is very good,but lets be real...you had never heard of him until last offseason. Dont tell me you did either. Second Losman may not be a rookie. But he is a first year starting QB. Not much of a difference.

First off, YES I HAD heard of him. My father's brother went to high school with him. They were good friends. Second off. About the ESPN thing. If you actually go read the posts I NEVER even mentioned the drafts. I said ESPN ran a segment on SC showing how Nick Saban was handling minicamp. Saban himself said it was very strenuous and was much tougher then he thought it would be.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-06-2005, 09:51 PM
What hurdles?? We have a much different philosohy then last year. The coaching we now have are soem of the best in the league a top 5 D thats gotten better a running game that was worthless last year is now stacked. AJ is everybit a quality QB thats had success in this league. You can think what you like but we are far from the DW Dolphins of years past a new attitude and tons of talent in both the players and coaches. We are just one year removed from a 10 win season and thats something your team hasn't done since the early 90's. We still have most of the talent here we just added a coaching staff to envy. If you wish to believe we will not improve over last year thats up to you but we have made huge improvements to this team far more then the Bills. We will not finish last in the division.
You're clueless, bro. "AJ is everybit a quality QB"?? What are you talking about? He's a solid 2nd stringer at best. "a 10 win season is something the Bills haven't done since the early 90's"??? Is 1999 the early 90's?? The Bills had 11 wins that year and 10 the year before that. Get your facts together before you put it in writing. The worst is yet to come for the Phins. Saban will be about as successful as Spurrier before he runs back to the schoolboys.

pleasesavedrew
05-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Theres no way this team wins 7 in a row

feelthepain
05-07-2005, 12:32 AM
You're clueless, bro. "AJ is everybit a quality QB"?? What are you talking about? He's a solid 2nd stringer at best. "a 10 win season is something the Bills haven't done since the early 90's"??? Is 1999 the early 90's?? The Bills had 11 wins that year and 10 the year before that. Get your facts together before you put it in writing. The worst is yet to come for the Phins. Saban will be about as successful as Spurrier before he runs back to the schoolboys.
Ok, so it's been six years!! As far as AJ, he took the Eagles throught the toughest part of their season and was 5-1 giving them Homefield adv. throughout the playoffs. Towards the end of the year when we finally got rid of Wanny, AJ's play increased and so did his confidence and stats he's much tougher then he gets credit for. Ending with a victory against the eventual SB champs he's a better QB then you Bill fans want to give. We had so many things go wrong that you couldn't possibly blame it all on one player not even Ricky. But 98% of the fans here just say things out of hate rather then actual football knowledge. I think my prediction is much closer to reality then the fans here.

I think Miami had by far the bets draft in the division and added the best "collectively" in FA then any other team. Our coaching staff improved ten fold over last year and we have a guy in Saban that lives eats abd breaths team work!! Thats the secret behind NE winning the last several SB's. They are far from the most talented team they just play "together" the best. This will be Sabans calling card so to speak and we will win more important games now.

AndreReed83
05-07-2005, 02:45 AM
But 98% of the fans here just say things out of hate rather then actual football knowledge. I think my prediction is much closer to reality then the fans here.

What are you talking about? You come onto a BUFFALO BILLS fan forum and say that we have so many problems that we will have a horrible year and the Dolphins will finish ahead of them. Then we rebuke your statement with facts of our own and you won't listen. You only want to believe that what you state is correct, you don't analyze what anyone else is saying. What do you want from us, "Oh wait! YES! It's all clear to us now. The Dolphins ARE going to finish ahead of the Bills this coming year. Thank you for pointing that out, might as well stop being a fan now! Wow what were we thinking guys?!" Feelthepain..... get real.

Tinboy
05-07-2005, 05:55 AM
I will be glad if are 9-7 or 10-6. The way I see it we compete with Jets for second place in the division.