PDA

View Full Version : Al Michaels, Paul Maguire, Brett Favre in ESPN booth

G. Host
05-06-2005, 02:33 PM
That is what CNN/SI recommends
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/richard_deitsch/04/29/media.circus/1.html

I think if they can get Farve that is a dynamite combination. I do not think Michaels and Maguire worked together other than as handoffs during playoffs but I think it would be a good combo.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Wait a second, have you ever heard Brett Favre talk? Is that for the southern football fans? I heard a rumor that one guy might be Jim Rome.

AndreReed83
05-06-2005, 03:36 PM
If Jim Rome got put in the booth I would never watch ESPN football again. He's a bonafide arse.

Bill Brasky
05-06-2005, 03:39 PM
I heard a rumor that one guy might be Jim Rome.

If they want ratings they won't put him in. That guy is a ****ing douchebag :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
05-06-2005, 03:41 PM
Wait a second, have you ever heard Brett Favre talk? Is that for the southern football fans? I heard a rumor that one guy might be Jim Rome.
I hear Brett Favre sound bites on the radio here all the time. His southern accent is prettly slight.

AndreReed83
05-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Brett is pretty camera friendly as far as talking is concerned. He would be a good addition. The only thing to consider though is the fact that he wants to be with his family more. I'm not so sure he would jump right into the football booth because of that.

Jayhawk
05-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Rome? I'd rather they put AVery Johnson in.

Sportsuser101
05-06-2005, 05:16 PM
I like the trio of Maguire, Theismann and Patrick. There entertaining and I think Patrick is a big part of it. When he was gone with Summeral replacing him there was alot missing. I hope Patrick gets a good job whether it be monday night football or move over to NBC.

Mr. Cynical
05-06-2005, 06:01 PM
Favre would be a great foil for the other guys. He has got a "ballbuster" kind of attitude and is so well respected by everyone that he would be great. But I'm not sure why they are talking about this now...he isn't retiring for at least another year.

Michael82
05-06-2005, 06:58 PM
I like the trio of Maguire, Theismann and Patrick. There entertaining and I think Patrick is a big part of it. When he was gone with Summeral replacing him there was alot missing. I hope Patrick gets a good job whether it be monday night football or move over to NBC.
You gotta be the first one that I've heard of who actually likes that blowhard, Theismann. :ill:

jamze132
05-06-2005, 08:59 PM
I hear Brett Favre sound bites on the radio here all the time. His southern accent is prettly slight.
Remember when he had that 1 line in "Something About Mary"? It was pretty crappy. "Mary, I'll be true to you."

carybillsfan
05-06-2005, 09:37 PM
This proves that even SI has nothing to write about, so let's make up some stupid article and post it. Boring.... call me when someone actually writes something worth reading. Besides Favre will be playing for 2 more years.

Michael82
05-07-2005, 11:11 AM
This proves that even SI has nothing to write about, so let's make up some stupid article and post it. Boring.... call me when someone actually writes something worth reading. Besides Favre will be playing for 2 more years.
2 more years? Want to make a bet? Rodgers will be starting in 2006 IMO.

Sportsuser101
05-07-2005, 01:06 PM
You gotta be the first one that I've heard of who actually likes that blowhard, Theismann. :ill:
I'm not sure if its that I like Theismann I like the trio together.

carybillsfan
05-07-2005, 02:47 PM
2 more years? Want to make a bet? Rodgers will be starting in 2006 IMO.

Same story as every other year for the last 4 seasons, Favre will be back in 2006.

THATHURMANATOR
05-07-2005, 03:06 PM
If they want ratings they won't put him in. That guy is a ****ing douchebag :ill:
How can you hate on the pimp in the box?

DynaPaul
05-07-2005, 04:23 PM
That announcing combination sucks. Al Michaels and Paul McGuire need to pack it in already.

im4bflo
05-07-2005, 05:19 PM

I'm with you there bro, Theeeesmann SUCKS!
All he talks about is himself and the QB, and nothing informational.
And he's an arse! :snicker2:

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-07-2005, 05:40 PM
What's with all the animosity towards Maguire? C'mon, he's the 2nd best punter in Bills history (Moorman). He's a Bills fan who calls Buffalo home. Granted, the dynamic between him and Theisman was sometimes akward and downright embarrassing, but he's one of us. I bet he's even a member of the Zone. There's a rumor that Nate Clements and Travis Henry are preparing to compete for announcing positions on MNF. What do you think??

im4bflo
05-07-2005, 05:46 PM
What's with all the animosity towards Maguire? C'mon, he's the 2nd best punter in Bills history (Moorman). He's a Bills fan who calls Buffalo home. Granted, the dynamic between him and Theisman was sometimes akward and downright embarrassing, but he's one of us. I bet he's even a member of the Zone. There's a rumor that Nate Clements and Travis Henry are preparing to compete for announcing positions on MNF. What do you think??

Paul Maguire bought me and my friends a beer, he'll always be alright in my book :up::beer:
Get rid of THEEEsmann !

Michael82
05-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Same story as every other year for the last 4 seasons, Favre will be back in 2006.
Every other year, the Packers didn't have a young 1st round rookie QB for Favre to groom. Now they do.

Spiderweb
05-08-2005, 04:33 PM

And the last.....

One thing about Joe T is that I'm always amazed at how stupid he is.

LifetimeBillsFan
05-09-2005, 09:57 AM
What's with all the animosity towards Maguire? C'mon, he's the 2nd best punter in Bills history (Moorman). He's a Bills fan who calls Buffalo home. Granted, the dynamic between him and Theisman was sometimes akward and downright embarrassing, but he's one of us. I bet he's even a member of the Zone. There's a rumor that Nate Clements and Travis Henry are preparing to compete for announcing positions on MNF. What do you think??I like McGuire. Before he got stuck with Theisman, he was a pretty decent analyst. Unfortunately, Joe T.'s schtick has rubbed off on PM. Maybe if he gets away from JT, McGuire will revert to his old form.

I'm with you there bro, Theeeesmann SUCKS!
All he talks about is himself and the QB, and nothing informational.
And he's an arse! :snicker2:What I absolutely HATE about Theeeeeeesman--and at least half of the other announcers out there--is that every guy who makes a half-way decent play is suddenly the best thing to come along since sliced bread and a HOF candidate and the team that is leading in the game is always great and dominating--which, of course, makes him look like a jerk the minute the player that he just spent 5 minutes praising messes up a play or anytime the lead changes. This BS schtick makes me sick--especially because he's gotten McGuire to do the same thing. :puke:

carybillsfan
05-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Every other year, the Packers didn't have a young 1st round rookie QB for Favre to groom. Now they do.

He still won't be ready to take over until 2007. But only time will tell.

Michael82
05-09-2005, 01:45 PM
And the last.....

One thing about Joe T is that I'm always amazed at how stupid he is.
I'm not.

DynaPaul
05-09-2005, 03:57 PM
I like McGuire. Before he got stuck with Theisman, he was a pretty decent analyst. Unfortunately, Joe T.'s schtick has rubbed off on PM. Maybe if he gets away from JT, McGuire will revert to his old form.

What I absolutely HATE about Theeeeeeesman--and at least half of the other announcers out there--is that every guy who makes a half-way decent play is suddenly the best thing to come along since sliced bread and a HOF candidate and the team that is leading in the game is always great and dominating--which, of course, makes him look like a jerk the minute the player that he just spent 5 minutes praising messes up a play or anytime the lead changes. This BS schtick makes me sick--especially because he's gotten McGuire to do the same thing. :puke:

Joe: That was an AMAZING analysis, LifetimeBillsfan!

Paul: I tell ya Joe, there aren't many fans who can break down this announcing team like he can.

Joe: You know Paul, the thing that makes LifetimeBillsfan so special is how he can dissect our lame announcing with precision. That kind of ability easily puts him in the top 10 fans of all time.

Paul: Thatswhativebeensayingallyearjoethisguycanreallytype!