• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Al Michaels, Paul Maguire, Brett Favre in ESPN booth

That is what CNN/SI recommends

I think if they can get Farve that is a dynamite combination. I do not think Michaels and Maguire worked together other than as handoffs during playoffs but I think it would be a good combo.
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Wait a second, have you ever heard Brett Favre talk? Is that for the southern football fans? I heard a rumor that one guy might be Jim Rome.

Comment

• AndreReed83
      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
      • Mar 2004

If Jim Rome got put in the booth I would never watch ESPN football again. He's a bonafide arse.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
        I heard a rumor that one guy might be Jim Rome.
        If they want ratings they won't put him in. That guy is a ****ing douchebag

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          Wait a second, have you ever heard Brett Favre talk? Is that for the southern football fans? I heard a rumor that one guy might be Jim Rome.
          I hear Brett Favre sound bites on the radio here all the time. His southern accent is prettly slight.

Comment

• AndreReed83
            Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
            • Mar 2004

Brett is pretty camera friendly as far as talking is concerned. He would be a good addition. The only thing to consider though is the fact that he wants to be with his family more. I'm not so sure he would jump right into the football booth because of that.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
            "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
              • Aug 2004

Rome? I'd rather they put AVery Johnson in.
              http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                • Feb 2005

I like the trio of Maguire, Theismann and Patrick. There entertaining and I think Patrick is a big part of it. When he was gone with Summeral replacing him there was alot missing. I hope Patrick gets a good job whether it be monday night football or move over to NBC.
                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Favre would be a great foil for the other guys. He has got a "ballbuster" kind of attitude and is so well respected by everyone that he would be great. But I'm not sure why they are talking about this now...he isn't retiring for at least another year.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                    I like the trio of Maguire, Theismann and Patrick. There entertaining and I think Patrick is a big part of it. When he was gone with Summeral replacing him there was alot missing. I hope Patrick gets a good job whether it be monday night football or move over to NBC.
                    You gotta be the first one that I've heard of who actually likes that blowhard, Theismann.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                      I hear Brett Favre sound bites on the radio here all the time. His southern accent is prettly slight.
                      Remember when he had that 1 line in "Something About Mary"? It was pretty crappy. "Mary, I'll be true to you."

Comment

• carybillsfan
                        • Aug 2003

This proves that even SI has nothing to write about, so let's make up some stupid article and post it. Boring.... call me when someone actually writes something worth reading. Besides Favre will be playing for 2 more years.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                          This proves that even SI has nothing to write about, so let's make up some stupid article and post it. Boring.... call me when someone actually writes something worth reading. Besides Favre will be playing for 2 more years.
                          2 more years? Want to make a bet? Rodgers will be starting in 2006 IMO.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            You gotta be the first one that I've heard of who actually likes that blowhard, Theismann.
                            I'm not sure if its that I like Theismann I like the trio together.
                            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• carybillsfan
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              2 more years? Want to make a bet? Rodgers will be starting in 2006 IMO.
                              Same story as every other year for the last 4 seasons, Favre will be back in 2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X