• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Brady gets new deal

I just heard it on ESPN radio..6 years, $68M and change
    No yet
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
    I just heard it on ESPN radio..6 years, $68M and change
    No yet

he deserves it.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

$26.5M in guarantees/bonuses

Now they're saying close to $60M
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

Good, good. Now that he's paid up he can take it easy and start sucking this year.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

also, the Pats are FINALLY paying for quality like the rest of the NFL does. Maybe they'll eventually have the same cap constraints the other teams face and finally fall from glory.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
            Exhausted of Losing
            • Mar 2004

Damn it Brady, you deserve more!!! Don't be a team player, demand more!!!

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
              Damn it Brady, you deserve more!!! Don't be a team player, demand more!!!
              How can Vick and Manning be paid more than this guy? He's is nothing special as a athlete, but he is a leader, and a great player. He's won 3 superbowls, in a 4 year span. He is the best quarter back in league. He should be paid like it. Besides he should get his money now because in 2 years JP is going to be the best quarterback in the NFL.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                also, the Pats are FINALLY paying for quality like the rest of the NFL does. Maybe they'll eventually have the same cap constraints the other teams face and finally fall from glory.
                Im going on a Limb this year, I think the Patriots are canidates for a let down this season. I think the loss of their cordinators will be a bigger problem then what most people think.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                  Maybe?
                  • Oct 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  Im going on a Limb this year, I think the Patriots are canidates for a let down this season. I think the loss of their cordinators will be a bigger problem then what most people think.
                  Let's hope so.

As for Brady's contract....I love it. Now that one of the "team guys" is gettin' paid, the rest will start to grumble and ***** for their share. This is definitely the beginning of cap troubles ahead and I love it.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

How can Vick and Manning be paid more than this guy? He's is nothing special as a athlete, but he is a leader, and a great player. He's won 3 superbowls, in a 4 year span. He is the best quarter back in league. He should be paid like it. Besides he should get his money now because in 2 years JP is going to be the best quarterback in the NFL.
                    Brady obviously took less to remain a Patriot. That makes him a classy player.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Well the problem is, Belicheck is not hiring new coordinators for the sole purpose of keeping them on track with what they have been doing. He is taking over those duties - which just means he will be busier than ever - but underneath it all, there is no change for them. I wish he would hire someone so that there could be a change and hopefully and adjustment period - not to mention possibly having players who don't fit into the new style. Sadly, that's not going to happen...

Comment

• ajsdx
                        • Aug 2003

DIdn't they pay a decent amount to pick up Colvin a few years back, when we got Spikes?

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Here's a link finally
                          Originally posted by ajsdx
                          DIdn't they pay a decent amount to pick up Colvin a few years back, when we got Spikes?
                          yep

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ajsdx
                            I'd rather have Spikes
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• colin
                              Drew's my hero!
                              • Jul 2002

that sounds abbout right i suppose, he is gonna make over 10 bucks a year for the next 3 years.

he is a great QB, especially for the Pats, but I think manning and vick are more unique rare players who deserve what they get (well, i dunno about that, the cost of other quality players under the cap might be too high). i think manning or vick would do very well on any other team, brady's weaknesses would be exposed on a lesser team (see what happened to garcia when he was taken out of the SF west coast system)

Comment

Working...
                              X