No :link: yet

he deserves it. :blowup:

The_Philster
05-07-2005, 03:23 PM
$26.5M in guarantees/bonuses

Now they're saying close to $60M

DynaPaul
05-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Good, good. Now that he's paid up he can take it easy and start sucking this year.

OpIv37
05-07-2005, 06:12 PM
also, the Pats are FINALLY paying for quality like the rest of the NFL does. Maybe they'll eventually have the same cap constraints the other teams face and finally fall from glory.

BillsRockSOMUCH
05-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Damn it Brady, you deserve more!!! Don't be a team player, demand more!!!

camelcowboy
05-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Damn it Brady, you deserve more!!! Don't be a team player, demand more!!!
How can Vick and Manning be paid more than this guy? He's is nothing special as a athlete, but he is a leader, and a great player. He's won 3 superbowls, in a 4 year span. He is the best quarter back in league. He should be paid like it. Besides he should get his money now because in 2 years JP is going to be the best quarterback in the NFL. :up:

camelcowboy
05-07-2005, 07:08 PM
also, the Pats are FINALLY paying for quality like the rest of the NFL does. Maybe they'll eventually have the same cap constraints the other teams face and finally fall from glory.
Im going on a Limb this year, I think the Patriots are canidates for a let down this season. I think the loss of their cordinators will be a bigger problem then what most people think.

Mr. Cynical
05-07-2005, 08:10 PM
Im going on a Limb this year, I think the Patriots are canidates for a let down this season. I think the loss of their cordinators will be a bigger problem then what most people think.
Let's hope so. :up:

As for Brady's contract....I love it. Now that one of the "team guys" is gettin' paid, the rest will start to grumble and ***** for their share. This is definitely the beginning of cap troubles ahead and I love it. :D

ddaryl
05-07-2005, 08:33 PM
How can Vick and Manning be paid more than this guy? He's is nothing special as a athlete, but he is a leader, and a great player. He's won 3 superbowls, in a 4 year span. He is the best quarter back in league. He should be paid like it. Besides he should get his money now because in 2 years JP is going to be the best quarterback in the NFL. :up:

Brady obviously took less to remain a Patriot. That makes him a classy player.

mysticsoto
05-07-2005, 08:40 PM
Well the problem is, Belicheck is not hiring new coordinators for the sole purpose of keeping them on track with what they have been doing. He is taking over those duties - which just means he will be busier than ever - but underneath it all, there is no change for them. I wish he would hire someone so that there could be a change and hopefully and adjustment period - not to mention possibly having players who don't fit into the new style. Sadly, that's not going to happen...

ajsdx
05-07-2005, 09:15 PM
DIdn't they pay a decent amount to pick up Colvin a few years back, when we got Spikes?

The_Philster
05-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Here's a link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/05/07/bc.fbp.lgns.patriotsbrady.r.ap/index.html) finally
DIdn't they pay a decent amount to pick up Colvin a few years back, when we got Spikes?
yep

OpIv37
05-08-2005, 02:38 PM

I'd rather have Spikes

colin
05-09-2005, 02:53 AM
that sounds abbout right i suppose, he is gonna make over 10 bucks a year for the next 3 years.

he is a great QB, especially for the Pats, but I think manning and vick are more unique rare players who deserve what they get (well, i dunno about that, the cost of other quality players under the cap might be too high). i think manning or vick would do very well on any other team, brady's weaknesses would be exposed on a lesser team (see what happened to garcia when he was taken out of the SF west coast system)

Michael82
05-09-2005, 10:15 AM
I'd rather have Spikes
So would Belichick. Afterall, wasn't Colvin a backup last year? :snicker:

camelcowboy
05-09-2005, 10:26 AM
I think he would love a linebacker that isn't eligable for social security. :monte:

Dirtywater
05-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Well the problem is, Belicheck is not hiring new coordinators for the sole purpose of keeping them on track with what they have been doing. He is taking over those duties -

Only partly correct. Eric Mangini is our new DC. Yes Mangini, the same guy the Raiders wanted but we declined so they took Rob Ryan, the same guy Saban wanted and the same guy Crennel wanted with Cleveland.

He stayed with us (thank God!) and he is considered one of the 'hot' young DC in the NFL Truth be told, he's been ready for 2 years but waited his turn while being in the School Of Belichick. Players respect him as do NFL front offices.

You are correct for our offense.

Dirtywater
05-09-2005, 08:25 PM

Um, that is a stretch. He was coming off of season ending surgery to repair a Bo Jackson-esque injury to his hip. The doctors told him that he would need serious time to heal, and similar to coming off an ACL, it is the year after the year that you return to form. Last season he got prgressivly better and had a great Super Bowl.

That is no knock on Spikes though, that guy is a MONSTER!.. :D:

juice
05-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Um, that is a stretch. He was coming off of season ending surgery to repair a Bo Jackson-esque injury to his hip. The doctors told him that he would need serious time to heal, and similar to coming off an ACL, it is the year after the year that you return to form. Last season he got prgressivly better and had a great Super Bowl.

That is no knock on Spikes though, that guy is a MONSTER!.. :D:I was under the impression that Rosie Colvin had lost a step with that hip injury and there were concerns that he might not ever return to pre-injury form.

Dirtywater
05-09-2005, 09:14 PM
I was under the impression that Rosie Colvin had lost a step with that hip injury and there were concerns that he might not ever return to pre-injury form.

No, you are correct. That was the initial diagnosis. But as he rehabed his prognosis got better. It was/is a case of he needed time. He got dramatically better as the season prgressed. I am pumped to see him this season.

Now, I' don't hink he'll ever be 100% again, but rather 90%. Not bad when he was initially supposed to be maybe 75%.

He got dramatically better last year as the season progressed to the point that he was a main part of the playoff/Super Bowl plan.

Enough math... gimmie football!!! :lol: