1997_16_16___8___70__2___6___4.00__19.50
    1998_13_13___9___59__6___3___3.00__19.00
    1999_14_14__10___71__5___4___1.00___2.50
    2000_16_16__12___94__5___3___3.75__23.75
    2001_16_16___5___50__2___1___1.50__11.00
    2002_16_16___6___35__5___1__10.50__55.50
    2003_15_15___9___85__3___4___6.75__45.00
    2004__9__9___4___30__2___2___3.50__17.00

Let's just compare the combined 1st 4 years of each player...

Bennie Anderson...
    __YEAR___G_GS_PEN_YDS_FS_HLD_SCKS_YDS
    2001-2004_63_56__22__167__12___5_17.00_111.00

Total... minus 278 YDS

Ruben Brown...
    __YEAR___G_GS_PEN_YDS_FS_HLD_SCKS_YDS
    1995-1998_59_59__42__316__18__20_12.25_83.25

Total... minus 399.25 YDS

Who was voted to the Pro Bowl 8 freakin times?
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

so in bernies last game ever with us he won't play?
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
      so in bernies last game ever with us he won't play?
      Sorry but... What? Ahhh... Nevermind... I get it... Ruben sat his last game for the Bills.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
        • Aug 2004

ruben didn't play his last game for unspecified reasons (I was living in Lawrence at the time, so didn't have all the skinny)
        http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Yes... Sorry... I edited my last post.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Bennie has had some penalties, but that is something Mouse McNally can definitely take care of.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
              ruben didn't play his last game for unspecified reasons (I was living in Lawrence at the time, so didn't have all the skinny)
              He spoke out about the piss-poor coaching and play-calling and refused to practice

I didn't catch the whole thing, but the sports news on WIVB made me think that Ruben Brown might have played his last game in a Bills uniform. He has not practiced all this week due to &quot;personal reasons&quot; and is not expected to play the game tomorrow. He has not officially been suspended though. It is known that he is
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                • Mar 2003

Oddly enough, for as much as I bash the Oline, I think Anderson will do OK. I actually like him - right now. It would be nice to get a stud in there...sure. But I'd rather have a dominant LT and an immovable Center. Which I guess is why I bash the Oline so unmercifully. But the Bills need a kicker too, so it won't be all their fault.
                Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Anderson is a road grader who should really help the running game. Hopefully, McNally can improve his pass blocking.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
                    Oddly enough, for as much as I bash the Oline, I think Anderson will do OK. I actually like him - right now. It would be nice to get a stud in there...sure. But I'd rather have a dominant LT and an immovable Center. Which I guess is why I bash the Oline so unmercifully. But the Bills need a kicker too, so it won't be all their fault.
                    My guess is that Gandy is going to be alot like JJ. He will play well when he does play, but will get injured fairly often. B'cse of this, Peters or TT will get alot of play at LT also. If Peters isn't ready yet, TT will have to take the reins and Preston will get more snaps in the middle. I believe he will fit the bill (no pun intended) alot closer of being an unmovable Center like you would like.

Comment

• Tinboy
                      • Aug 2004

I also like Anderson, I hope he will be a good addition too the team.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Let's not forget that Baltimore's WR's and passing attack in general didn't scare anybody. Bennie's stats don't bother me.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                          • Mar 2003

If Gandy plays above average at LT it will be TDs greatest offseason move and the best offseason move by any team for 2005. Yes TKO and Adams, etc were great moves, but we knew they'd be great.

Picking up an inexpensive LT from the trash heap, that was cut by the Bears during last season, and getting solid production out of him at the most critical position on the line would be a steal of epic proportions.

That's why I think it is unlikely. I didn't say impossible - just unlikely.
                          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Aug 2004

I think B.Anderson will be okay, too. I think that having a big, mauling, road-grader at LG, combined with C.Villarial at RG, will help T.Teague in dealing with some of the big NT-types that he has had trouble handing in the past. Teague can now get some help in rooting those guys out of the middle, which should help the interior running game by reducing the number of running plays that get stuffed in the backfield--there were way too many of those last season when the Bills tried to run inside the LT.

What I like about Preston is his size. He is already 315 pounds. According to most of the scouting reports that I read about him, he's got a big lower body, but could use to add some upper body strength. If that's the case, he should easily be able to add at least 10-15 lbs., without losing any quickness, as he adds upper body strength. At that size, with his big butt, even the bigger NTs will have difficulty moving him. I don't know how ready he will be to play much this season, but it will be interesting to see the Bills with a guy that big anchoring the center of their offensive line.
                            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                              • Mar 2003

Does anyone know if Duke can shotgun snap effectively?
                              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

Working...
                              X