Pats Cheated
05-08-2005, 08:59 PM
He still owns the officials.

Pats Cheated.

BuffaloRanger
05-08-2005, 10:35 PM
He still owns the officials.

Pats Cheated.

Hey, they had a call go against them 5 or 6 years ago if I remember correctly. :funny:

He should just be D coord also. They say he designs a new Def every week anyway.

I hate that guy.

TigerJ
05-08-2005, 10:38 PM
Hmm. Why did I know about this weeks ago?

Jan Reimers
05-09-2005, 06:35 AM
The guy must have a huge ego. He's convinced everyone that he's the game's greatest defensive mind. Now he apparently wants to show off his offensive genius as well.

Jayhawk
05-09-2005, 06:45 AM
downfall of the Pats!

Tinboy
05-09-2005, 07:27 AM
downfall of the Pats!

:goodpost:
We can hope so.

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-09-2005, 07:55 AM
Hmm. Why did I know about this weeks ago?
'Cause you're a celebrity.

Ickybaluky
05-09-2005, 08:43 AM
This isn't true.

The Pats don't have an OC. The gameplans will be completed by committee, as they always have been, with Brian Daboll, Dante Scarnechia, Ivan Fears and Josh McDaniels all being assigned various parts. This is the same way it has always been done.

The biggest change will be who calls the plays. Belichick may do this, but it hasn't been announced. Either way, the Pats will be very good offensively, as they are loaded with young talent on that side of the ball and have Brady to run the show.

The biggest question marks on the Pats are on defense. They have brought in more new players there and have talent and depth, but how those players mesh remains to be seen. If they falter at all, it will be because of defense.

The most over-played aspect of this offseason has been the Past loss of Weis and Crennel. Granted, both are excellent coaches, but nothing else has changed. The terminology is the same, the systems are the same and the coaching staff that remains is excellent.

This is like the over-played theme from last off-season, that the rule emphasis on defensive contact beyond 5 yards would be the downfall of the Pats. In the end, it proved not to be a big factor. Neither will the loss of Weis and Crennel.

Earthquake Enyart
05-09-2005, 09:55 AM
This isn't true.

The Pats don't have an OC. The gameplans will be completed by committee, as they always have been, with Brian Daboll, Dante Scarnechia, Ivan Fears and Josh McDaniels all being assigned various parts. This is the same way it has always been done.

The biggest change will be who calls the plays. Belichick may do this, but it hasn't been announced. Either way, the Pats will be very good offensively, as they are loaded with young talent on that side of the ball and have Brady to run the show.

The biggest question marks on the Pats are on defense. They have brought in more new players there and have talent and depth, but how those players mesh remains to be seen. If they falter at all, it will be because of defense.

The most over-played aspect of this offseason has been the Past loss of Weis and Crennel. Granted, both are excellent coaches, but nothing else has changed. The terminology is the same, the systems are the same and the coaching staff that remains is excellent.

This is like the over-played theme from last off-season, that the rule emphasis on defensive contact beyond 5 yards would be the downfall of the Pats. In the end, it proved not to be a big factor. Neither will the loss of Weis and Crennel.
I don't think you can poo poo the loss of Weis and Crennel, but I don't think it's the end of the world either.

The key will be who dies the playcalling.

camelcowboy
05-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Confidence could be the Pats downfall. It is stupid to atleast not name someone as OC. Even if the guy is just going to be trained to take more responsibilty as the season goes on. If Romeo was still the DC it would be a different story, but Belicheck has 2 sides of the ball that he now needs to game plan for. He's is going to over extend himself, but his ego will not allow him to admit it.

pleasesavedrew
05-09-2005, 02:27 PM
I hope im wrong, but i doubt this does ne thing to them. Another super bowl for them this year

mysticsoto
05-09-2005, 02:55 PM
I hope im wrong, but i doubt this does ne thing to them. Another super bowl for them this year
The only thing I can think of that's positive from this is that with Belicheck having to handle more of the load that the OC would, he has less time to do film analysis and come up with detalied game plans of how to defeat the opponent. Not a big advantage, but...he's taken alot of work upon himself now and I'm hoping he can't keep up!

DynaPaul
05-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Looks like Belichick wants to relive his head coaching days in Cleveland. I guess it still won't matter as long as all the big calls go their way like they always do.

Dirtywater
05-09-2005, 06:49 PM
I don't think you can poo poo the loss of Weis and Crennel, but I don't think it's the end of the world either.

The key will be who does the playcalling.

I think this is spot on. If you read Michael Holley's "Patriot Reign" you'll see that Belichick was highly involved in the offense. Surprised me too.

Anway, I think it may slow us a bit but not stop us. SHould be a monster AFC East season.

The Spaz
05-09-2005, 07:10 PM
:monkeyp: Pats

EDS
05-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.