PDA

View Full Version : Erron Kinney...

Italian Stallion
05-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Anyone think he'd be worth trading TH for? The titans need another runner, they just drafted Ben Troupe, and this guy is huge! 6'6 280 lbs, he can block and catch, underutilized in their offense in my opinion...

I'm just sick of people getting pumped up about a 3rd round pick for TH....that does nothing to help the team this year get in the playoffs, end of story...Before the guy even sees the field the defense will be another year or two older, and the chance for this team to make a run could be signifigantly reduced....

Kinney would provide an insurance policy for campbell/euhus/everett, plus become a more dynamic player than neufeld/trafford in terms of catching and blocking, here are his stats, notice how they declined last year with the drafting of Troupe...

RECEIVING

Year Team G GS No Yards Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ FD
2000 Tennessee Titans 16 9 19 197 10.4 19 1 0 0 10
2001 Tennessee Titans 13 12 25 263 10.5 24 1 2 0 15
2002 Tennessee Titans 15 7 13 173 13.3 31 0 3 0 10
2003 Tennessee Titans 16 16 41 381 9.3 28 3 2 0 22
2004 Tennessee Titans 9 9 25 193 7.7 21 3 1 0 14
TOTAL 69 53 123 1207 9.8 31 8 8 0 71

ryven
05-09-2005, 08:12 AM
not a bad idea if he is cap friendly. We could use the help and then just IR everett and make sure he heals correctly.

McBFLO
05-09-2005, 08:37 AM
kinney and a comditional pick would be ok with me

clumping platelets
05-09-2005, 08:40 AM
Tennessee seems like a possibility but not until after June 1st

venis2k1
05-09-2005, 10:07 AM
i say we just keep him as a back up this year, and let him go on his way.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2005, 10:36 AM
He would be fine for now, given our injury problems at TE. But assuming Campbell and Euhus are healthy when camp starts, and Everett is ready to go next year, if not sooner, we'll have quite a log jam at TE - not counting Neufeld and the other guys.

I'd wait a bit until we get some medical reports on our walking wounded at TE.

jpdex12
05-09-2005, 11:05 AM
He would be fine for now, given our injury problems at TE. But assuming Campbell and Euhus are healthy when camp starts, and Everett is ready to go next year, if not sooner, we'll have quite a log jam at TE - not counting Neufeld and the other guys.

Excellent assessment! Plus who is to say that JP will be our savior this year as some people think that we are already AFC Championship bound without a this year player trade for TH. An extra 3rd rounder in next year's draft could be the WR or CB we'll be looking for if Nate or EMo leave.

Italian Stallion
05-09-2005, 11:27 AM

If the Bills were to accuire him, I'd assume they'd let Neufeld walk, unless of course soup and Euhus were gonna miss some time.

Has anyone find contract info on Kinney? I've been trying, without luck....

LifetimeBillsFan
05-09-2005, 12:04 PM
E.Kinney was injured for a lot of last season. I'm not sure what the injury was (OK, I forgot what it was, alright!?!), but I recall that he missed a significant amount of time at the beginning of the season, then, he came back for a couple of games, and, then, was re-injured. I remember this because I was keeping an eye on him as a possible replacement for D.Graham as my FFL team's TE after NE stopped throwing the ball to Graham because they were keeping him in to help their young OT in pass blocking.

If he's healthy, E.Kinney is everything that you could ask for in a TE: big, fast, athletic, good hands, good blocker, etc. When healthy, he was a favorite red-zone target of S.McNair. Last season was supposed to be the season when he was going to become a real star at the TE position, but, between the injuries that he and S.McNair had, that never happened.

If he has fully recovered from his injury problems, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills get E.Kinney, but, with the injury problems that Tenn. had with its TEs last season and the way J.Fisher likes to use his TEs in the passing game, I'm not sure that the Titans would give E.Kinney up in a straight-up deal for T.Henry unless C.Brown was going to be out for a significant amount of time or was suffering from a recurring injury. The fact that they drafted B.Troupe should not be thought of as a reason for them to be willing to get rid of E.Kinney because the Titans were frequently using both of them at the same time when they were healthy and, if I'm not mistaken, they lost their # 3 TE, S.Meier, to free agency.