PDA

View Full Version : WINNERS AND LOSERS IN THE ‘8TH ROUND OF THE 2005 DRAFT!

justasportsfan
05-09-2005, 08:28 AM
http://www.gbnreport.com/scoutsnotebook.htm

5. Buffalo Without a #1 pick at the 2005 draft, the Bills made up some ground signing the top-rated undrafted DE in George Gause of South Carolina, as well as Northeastern MLB Liam Ezekial and Wisconsin FS Jim Leonhard, both of whom were on our top 30 undrafted players. The Bills also signed Northern Illinois DB Rob Lee, Oklahoma WR Will Peoples and California LB Wendell Hunter.

clumping platelets
05-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Bills did a solid job on UDFAs

BuffaloRanger
05-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Wow.

Titans signed 37 UDFAs? Did these guys know that before they signed? That many UDFAs makes it even harder to make the team, I would think.

Battle of Indiana: Ball state had more players drafted (3) than Notre Dame (2).

Penn State didn't even have one player drafted.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
The Titans, in order to sign 37 UDFAs, must have had fewer than 50 players on their roster, including this year's draft picks. I knew they were cleaning house, but I didn't realize they had committed a full scale purge.

The_Philster
05-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Wow.

Titans signed 37 UDFAs? Did these guys know that before they signed? That many UDFAs makes it even harder to make the team, I would think.

Battle of Indiana: Ball state had more players drafted (3) than Notre Dame (2).

Penn State didn't even have one player drafted.

Not really...not counting players they may have allocated to NFL Europe, it would still give them 80 players as a max. If they didn't allocate anyone and they make no signings before the season, they've got 10 UDFAs making the active roster