PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Parrish IS a need

ghz in pittsburgh
05-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Can anyone tell me what is special about Pats' receivers?

They have targeted people who can create separation witin 10 yards. It really fits their offensive plan with Brady throwing quick hits back there.

Now you tell me which wide receiver the Bills have can do that?

How about none!

One of the key weapons to convert 3rd down and beat blitz is to have receivers with such capabilities. Of course they need a brain to recognize what defense is doing, too. Sorry to say the Bills never had such a weapon. That's why Parrish is coming in this year.

Of course I'm not here to claim we can beat blitz every time/convert every 3rd down now. For one thing Parrish has to prove he can do what he does best in NFL. But at least on paper, we have all types of receivers on the team: a down field threat in Evans, a strong big body (meaning winning close one-on-one battle) in Moulds, a quick separation creator in Parrish, and Josh Reed who should beat other teams' 4th coverage guy.

I left out the most important component in the success of such an offense: a Qb who can use all this weapons. But that's another topic for another day.

BillsFanInMass
05-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Good point i really liked the selection of parish i believe he is gonna be one of the greatest slot receivers in the NFL.

Jan Reimers
05-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Good point. Parrish, according to many draft experts, has the best short area/small area quickness of any receiver in this class, meaning he should get separation almost immediately on guick pops.

camelcowboy
05-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Good point. Parrish, according to many draft experts, has the best short area/small area quickness of any receiver in this class, meaning he should get separation almost immediately on guick pops.
Your right, he will be very hard to jam because of his quickness. Add him and the speed of Evans. The safeties will not be able to come into the box because of the threat of being beat deep. This will help the running game too, one less man to block in the box.

clumping platelets
05-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Moulds' 2006 cap number: approx. $11 million

Reed will be UFA (is he makes team)

Aiken will be RFA

WR was more of a need than people realize

camelcowboy
05-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Moulds' 2006 cap number: approx. $11 million

Reed will be UFA (is he makes team)

Aiken will be RFA

WR was more of a need than people realizeBest point ive heard yet.

BuffaloRanger
05-09-2005, 10:43 AM
Moulds will renegotiate. He knows 11mil is a salary cap killer. I think we take having Moulds for granted. He truly is one of the Top 5 WRs in Bills history. Some of his accomplishments might be overlooked because the team hasn't made the playoffs in so long.

Does he drop some catchable balls? Sometimes. Does he jump for balls that he doesn't have to killing his YAC numbers? Yes. But he beats double teams, and makes amazing catches look routine.

Evans had a great 2nd half last season. Hell, he helped me win my Fantasy league. But he's now going into his 2nd season. Teams will be looking at stuffing him. Without Moulds on the team, he gets the double teams. Look at what happened to Peerless. Success at #2 WR doesn't automatically translate into success at #1 WR.

I hope Parrish works out. Things look promising. But it's way too early to count our chickens. He doesn't need to be the best slot WR in the NFL for me to be happy. Just be solid - and catch the ball.

clumping platelets
05-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Best point ive heard yet.

BuffaloRanger
05-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Clump - Any word on if the cap is going to jump up by 10-12 mil next season because of the huge new TV contract? Aren't the players guarenteed 65% of all TV money?

buffalofan19
05-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Clump - Any word on if the cap is going to jump up by 10-12 mil next season because of the huge new TV contract? Aren't the players guarenteed 65% of all TV money?
I heard from somewhere that there is not going to be a cap in one of the upcoming years, 2007, I think it was. Is that true?

BuffaloRanger
05-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Sort of true. It's either 2007 or 2008. It's because the CBA is ending. They are in negotiations now. There will have a salary cap, they just have to figure out how. No sal cap would be bad for the Bills. Other teams would go nuts. Then how could you ever bring them back down below a cap?

With the new TV package NFL teams net worth supposedly jumped 150 mil a piece. Crazy.

clumping platelets
05-09-2005, 10:29 PM
I have not heard anything but rumor :idunno:

frank74
05-10-2005, 11:40 AM
Moulds will renegotiate. He knows 11mil is a salary cap killer. I think we take having Moulds for granted. He truly is one of the Top 5 WRs in Bills history. Some of his accomplishments might be overlooked because the team hasn't made the playoffs in so long.

Does he drop some catchable balls? Sometimes. Does he jump for balls that he doesn't have to killing his YAC numbers? Yes. But he beats double teams, and makes amazing catches look routine.

Evans had a great 2nd half last season. Hell, he helped me win my Fantasy league. But he's now going into his 2nd season. Teams will be looking at stuffing him. Without Moulds on the team, he gets the double teams. Look at what happened to Peerless. Success at #2 WR doesn't automatically translate into success at #1 WR.

I hope Parrish works out. Things look promising. But it's way too early to count our chickens. He doesn't need to be the best slot WR in the NFL for me to be happy. Just be solid - and catch the ball.

so true man. His size, speed and athleticism draws so much attention from opponents that it will continue to open up the field for evans and the others.

ExWNYer
05-10-2005, 12:22 PM

I'd go so far as to say he's the second best Bills WR of all-time:

1) Andre Reed
2) Eric Moulds
3) Jerry Butler
4) Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion
5a) Bob Chandler
5b) J.D. Hill/Ahmad Rashad

JMO.

BTW, I definitely believe that Parrish fills a much needed void in the slot. He was, indeed, a need.