X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Stacking Up The Bills and The AFC East

There has been alot of talk about who is better between the Divison Rivals. So this is my views on how the postions rank as of now. The best postions will receive the most points. Feel free to express your opinions and i will defend them the when i check later.

Postions 4points 3points 2 points 1 Point

QB NE NYJ Bills Miami

RB NYJ NE Bills Miami

WR Bills Miami NE NYJ

TE NE Miami NYJ Bills

OL NE Jets Bills Miami

DE NYJ Miami NE Bills

DT NE Bills Jets Miami

LBs Bills Jets NE Miami

CB's Bills Jets Miami NE

S NE Bills Jets Miami

K NE Miami Bills Jets

P Bills NE Miami Jets

Return Game Bills NE Jets Miami

Coaching: NE NYJ Bills Miami

Totals

New England:44

Bills:39

New York Jets:32

Miami:23

Wide Reciever and corner were hardest to grade.

I do believe Nugent will be a better kicker than Lindell, but im going to wait before judge that.

• Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Actually, I pretty much agree with what you put down...

I still think the Bills are a 6-10 team this year though...

Jon

Comment

• Sportsuser101
      • Feb 2005

I pretty much agree with everything but CB and DE. I'd take Miami's corners over the Jets. And I'd take our DEs over the Pats.
      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

jets first at RB? i guess if your going on proven history.. but i would rate mcgahee at the top for this upcoming year.. in ff, would you really take martin or dillon over mcgahee?
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
          jets first at RB? i guess if your going on proven history.. but i would rate mcgahee at the top for this upcoming year.. in ff, would you really take martin or dillon over mcgahee?
          I agree. If you are going on past history, then the choices seem fine, but we should remember that WM didn't even start last year. Add 3 games on his average and that's more like what he might do this year!!! Curtis did great, but he's still getting older and at some point, it catches up with you - especially at a position where you take a beating all year. You can try to outrun it, but time always catches up. Just ask Rice...

Comment

• AndreReed83
            Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
            • Mar 2004

I'd rate it Dillon, McGahee, Martin, Brown.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
            "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

if wm plays all 16 games this season, with another year to get healthy and learn the system.. i guarentee he beats out every single one of those back.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• AndreReed83
                Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                • Mar 2004

Actually, I was factoring in the O-line help for RB's. Since it's supposed to be on pure talent and how they have tapped into that talent. I'd say McGahee ahead of Dillon.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

I'd rate the Bills Run Game as tops in the Division since we currently have 2 All Pro calliber RBs on the Roster.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Mudflap1
                    Next Question!
                    • Nov 2004

I think the Jets are better overall than these ratings suggest.

Overall, I think the Patriots will not be as good, they will start to decline, the Jets are solid, Miami isn't as bad as people think, and the Bills are growing, lying somewhere in the middle. Again, I still personally believe that this year may be a step backwards in order to take (ho hum) another two steps forwards NEXT year.

Feels like we've been saying that for a decade.

Jon

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I think you short changed us a little at RB, where I would expect Martin to be slowing down; DE, where I expect Kelsay to really come into his own opposite Schobel; and coaching. But you may have been generous at CB.

The real problem is that some positions should be weighted more than others, and in many cases there are larger spreads than just a single point between places. For instance, Brady at this point may be the equivalent of 5 or 6 points better than Losman, or our O line might not be within a single point of the Jets.

So while I think your ratings are fairly accurate, there may still be more of a gap between us and the Pats, and we may not be ahead of the Jets at all.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        if wm plays all 16 games this season, with another year to get healthy and learn the system.. i guarentee he beats out every single one of those back.
                        Ever heard of the Sophomore curse? The "learn the system" excuse never works for anyone. On top of "learning the system" teams "learn you".

Comment

• Bling
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                          I think the Jets are better overall than these ratings suggest.

Overall, I think the Patriots will not be as good, they will start to decline, the Jets are solid, Miami isn't as bad as people think, and the Bills are growing, lying somewhere in the middle. Again, I still personally believe that this year may be a step backwards in order to take (ho hum) another two steps forwards NEXT year.

Feels like we've been saying that for a decade.

Jon
                          Wow. A realist...you're going to get attacked for preaching the truth.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bling
                            Wow. A realist...you're going to get attacked for preaching the truth.
                            He's expressing his opinion and thats fine, and its respected. You get attacked because your stupid, and egotistic enought to think you know "the truth". Humility is something you lack. Now the adults are having a grown up coversation so move along.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by AndreReed83
                              Actually, I was factoring in the O-line help for RB's. Since it's supposed to be on pure talent and how they have tapped into that talent. I'd say McGahee ahead of Dillon.
                              I guess you guys are right. I just saw Martin winning the rushing title, and Dillion's contribution to the Pats last year, and i thought if i put Wills on the top then it look to be that i was a complete homer.

Comment

Working...
                              X