PDA

View Full Version : "..'75 Fantasy Monsta"

juice
05-09-2005, 02:11 PM
THE JUICE

"The Juice was a Fantasy Monster in 1975.. He racked up 1817 yds rushing and 2243 from scrimmage" ~ That's about 500 more than his nearest competitor in both categories and those totals are from 14 game seasons.

Many fans tend to give Thurman the nod as the greatest Bills Tailback because of his recieving abilities.. but contrary to what many believe OJ was excellent at catching the ball out of the backfield as he demonstrated against the Phins in '75 when he put up well over 100 yards recieving in a loss and 7 reciving TDs total that season. The Juice had the ability to turn any busted screen into a 60 yd dash for a TD.

As a Fantasy Back OJ had few equals but in reality he was an All time great Back playing on poor teams with coaching staffs that often misused his abilities.. OJ was never surrounded by equal talent at the skill positions the way that Thurm was throughout his time in Buffalo, which resulted in the abreviated career of the Juice.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050508/1030819.asp (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050508/1030819.asp)

OpIv37
05-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Thurman Thomas was here longer and we won 4 AFC championships while he was here. We did nothing when the Juice was here. Also, Thurman didn't kill anyone.

juice
05-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Thurman Thomas was here longer and we won 4 AFC championships while he was here. We did nothing when the Juice was here. Also, Thurman didn't kill anyone.Thurman was surrounded by HoFers at each Skill Position.. Do You think names like Kelly, Reed, and Smith anchoring what might have been one of the Ten best defenses in League history may have had something to do with that success?

The post was for those who actually remember OJ's carreer, not those who are only old and mature enough to remember his trial.

Where did that article mention anything about anybody killing anyone? I thought it just talked about his Fantasy stats.

Juice playing in Buffalo did nothing but put Bills Football on the map.. If not for OJ 90% of the Bills fans might still live in the Western NY region. OJ was a National figure in his playing days, Thurman was just a good recieving RB playing within the best sports organization of the '90s.

AndreReed83
05-09-2005, 02:29 PM
OJ should be considered one of the absolute greatest of all time. Yet, the Bills could not take that next step until Thurman showed up. I think they are both underrated league wide, yet Thurman almost gets no respect at all outside of Buffalo.

Gunzlingr
05-09-2005, 02:30 PM
I drafted him in my fantasy murderer league.

juice
05-09-2005, 02:37 PM
OJ should be considered one of the absolute greatest of all time. Yet, the Bills could not take that next step until Thurman showed up. I think they are both underrated league wide, yet Thurman almost gets no respect at all outside of Buffalo.I think you mean the Bills couldn't take that step until they drafted talent at Skilled positions such as Jim Kelly whom they obtained with a draft pick from the OJ trade.. Thurman along with alot of other talent was the reason the team was able to take that step - Not just Thomas.

AndreReed83
05-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Um, no, that's not what I meant. I think Thurman was the most important part to those Superbowl teams. At one time, he had the record for alltime postseason touchdowns.

juice
05-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I drafted him in my fantasy murderer league.In most Leagues you can only draft current players, but if your looking for a HoF LBer I think Ray Lewis is still available.:up:

OpIv37
05-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Where did that article mention anything about anybody killing anyone? I thought it just talked about his Fantasy stats.

So I was sarcastic, but OJ's off the field image has affected his reputation. Maybe he's better than Thurman, maybe he's not- but no one wants the best RB (and possibly the best player) in their team's history to be more famous for a double murder and resulting circus trial than on-the-field accomplishments.

juice
05-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Um, no, that's not what I meant. I think Thurman was the most important part to those Superbowl teams. At one time, he had the record for alltime postseason touchdowns.Thurman was also the reason the Bills lost to the CowBoys.. He was one reason but I'd say Kelly to Reed or Bruce and that Defense was as much of a factor as Thurman.

Thurman didn't take over games the way that Bruce did or Kelly when he got hot.. Thomas was part of a well oiled machine.

AndreReed83
05-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Alright, it's one person's opinion versus anothers. It's no big deal.

juice
05-09-2005, 02:50 PM
So I was sarcastic, but OJ's off the field image has affected his reputation. Maybe he's better than Thurman, maybe he's not- but no one wants the best RB (and possibly the best player) in their team's history to be more famous for a double murder and resulting circus trial than on-the-field accomplishments.Ray Lewis may be the best LBer in League history.. I don't see Raven fans denying him as part of Team or League history.

OpIv37
05-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Ray Lewis may be the best LBer in League history.. I don't see Raven fans denying him as part of Team or League history.
no comparison- the OJ trial was a media circus that went on for literally 2 years, starting with the Bronco chase. The Ray Lewis thing received a surprisingly small amount of attention. Granted, the crimes might be similar, but OJ received way more bad publicity than Lewis.

Tatonka
05-09-2005, 03:01 PM
ray lewis didnt kill anyone..

oj sliced two peoples heads off and beat his wife for years, prior to cutting her head off..

compairing oj to ray lewis is a joke.

BuffaloRanger
05-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Ron Goldman: Ahh, Nicole let me go down on you, please?

Nicole Brown Simpson: Fine. But be careful. The Juice will kill ya.

juice
05-09-2005, 03:12 PM
ray lewis didnt kill anyone..

oj sliced two peoples heads off and beat his wife for years, prior to cutting her head off..

compairing oj to ray lewis is a joke.Ray didn't kill anyone? Lets Do the Math here..

1 Man ~ killed 2 Men ~ with 1 knife - those type #'s add up to a pretty Big, Strong, and Fast guy with a knife, unless Zorro was running loose in Atlanta around SuperBowl time.. I'd say there's as much of a chance that Ray "DidIt" as OJ "Didit"

Seems like a valid comparison to me since neither was found Guilty of Murder.

Tatonka
05-09-2005, 03:39 PM
i used to have an "OJ DID IT" sticker on my blazer till some POS keyed the front quarter panel.. was it you, juice?

juice
05-09-2005, 03:51 PM
i used to have an "OJ DID IT" sticker on my blazer till some POS keyed the front quarter panel.. was it you, juice?No it wasn't me tonk.. it could've been the Confederate Flag, that you folks from W. Virginia seem to be so fond of, that got your Pickup Truck keyed.

Do you have a Gun rack with a Deer mounted on the hood also?

AndreReed83
05-09-2005, 04:06 PM
This thread got ugly quick. On another note. I just saw a bird attack a squirrel.

Tatonka
05-09-2005, 04:32 PM
No it wasn't me tonk.. it could've been the Confederate Flag, that you folks from W. Virginia seem to be so fond of, that got your Pickup Truck keyed.

Do you have a Gun rack with a Deer mounted on the hood also?

actually, i live in virginia.. i dont expect you to know the difference between virginia and west virginia.. but i thought i would elaborate..

no confederate flags.. no gun racks.. no deer.. and it is not a pick up truck.. it is a blazer.. again.. i dont expect you to understand the difference between a truck and an suv..

i am gonna take a wild guess.. you drive a 1986 nissan sentra.

:sorry:

Tatonka
05-09-2005, 04:41 PM
my blazer :up:

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/tatonka/fcc6d1af.jpg

pick up truck :down:

http://www.ok4wd.com/write/albums/revtekredford/images/mvc-124f.jpg

juice
05-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Rightous Blazer Pardener.. are those Mud Boggin' Tires or Tractor pull certified.

How can you be so sure of OJ's guilt if the jury wasn't convinced.. I bet a jury in Va. would've seen things differently.. Huh?

Anyway, I wonder if any RB in League History has ever put up the Fantasy #s that The Juice put up in '73 - '75. Has there been a sports figure in Buffalo History that has done more to promote their sport by the way they performed throughout their career?

Are you sure there aren't any Rebel Flags, Deer, or Pick ups in Metropolis of Blacksburg.. Things can't have changed that much in Hazard Co.

The_Philster
05-09-2005, 08:10 PM
How can you be so sure of OJ's guilt if the jury wasn't convinced.. I bet a jury in Va. would've seen things differently.. Huh?He lied under oath when he said he never hit Nicole...when everyone knew differently. Personally, I wanted to believe in his innocence...he removed all doubt about his guilt when he perjured himself

Tatonka
05-09-2005, 09:47 PM
OJ was convicted in a court of law.. he got raped of millions in the civil suit.

Tatonka
05-09-2005, 10:01 PM
juice, you have any pictures of your 86 sentra?

BuffaloRanger
05-09-2005, 10:54 PM
That is a sweet blazer Tatonka!

I'll never understand how that isn't double jeopardy. Sure you were found not guilty in that court...buy here's another court.

And I'm sorry Mr Goldman, your son is not a hero. He was a horny waiter trying to bang a HOFer's ex-wife. Not deserving of death, but certainly nothing special.